RUMOUR - Doyle to......

659 posts
Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: RUMOUR - Doyle to West Ham for 7.5m

by Ian Royal » 15 Jul 2008 19:21

Didn't we pick up points against all of those teams in the previous season though?

Possible exception being Everton who we beat at the start of the season. There were plenty of games there where we had the opportunity to gain points. We didn't We then had a mini revival and fell apart at the end again.

We could have coped with either poor stretch and still survived. It was both that killed us. We could and should have done better than we did, we were never likely to do as well as the previous season.

One big overachievement and one big under. A fair reflection of our level for me would be consistantly around 12-15th. Sadly we are a team of extremes.

Oh and Spacey... Doh!

Roger the Rabbit

by Roger the Rabbit » 15 Jul 2008 19:27

Royalee How are my valuations of Harper and Hunt 'obviously' wrong? .

On the basis that the football world disagree with you ?
It's a bit stupid to claim they aren;t worth half what has been eoffered when the mere fact thatthey have had offers made defines a value !
Keane offers £5 million for Hunt yet Royalee decress he's only 'worth' £ 2million....

Royalee you numpty. .

Baby talk - you lose !!

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 15 Jul 2008 19:29

Here's a little tip for you...

When a player gets relegated, his market value falls, especially when he is relegated from the Premier League, where prices are inflated somewhat to say the least. You may grasp this one day, but I'm not counting on it.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 15 Jul 2008 20:15

If prices are inflated in the PL as you say (and they are) then it does no longer follow that a player's value falls.

If the buying club feel he can do a job in that division then the fee will have to take that in to account, with the inflation. The selling club are well aware of this fact.

Roger the Rabbit

by Roger the Rabbit » 15 Jul 2008 21:23

Royalee Here's a little tip for you...

When a player gets relegated, his market value falls, especially when he is relegated from the Premier League, where prices are inflated somewhat to say the least. You may grasp this one day, but I'm not counting on it.

I think that's the sort of 'tip' one can safely ignore as it's clearly not correct. It is, as usual, simplistic though.

As has been patiently explained by me (and I believe reiterated by Stranded) market value is determined mostly by how much the 'market' is willing to pay.

A player has no meaningful 'market value' from Jan 31st onwards as no deals can take place. once transfers are open again the value of a player is determined largely by how much a club is willing to pay. If a Prem club decides aplayer is essential to their future they will value him accordingly. Hunt (for example) is worth as much now as he was on February 1st. It's possible his value was inflated in January due to desperation on Sunderland's part but none the less his market value then was £5 million and us getting relegated won;t have significantly altered that.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 15 Jul 2008 21:57

brendywendy are you just a computer algorythym that pumps out certain phrases at random when people reply to your posts?

Says Mr 7753. :|

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 16 Jul 2008 09:56

Platypuss
brendywendy are you just a computer algorythym that pumps out certain phrases at random when people reply to your posts?

Says Mr 7753. :|

i got th enice happy positive algorythym though

much better than the one that just spouts bad stuff

xtreme rebel

Doyle to West Ham?

by xtreme rebel » 03 Aug 2008 14:29

IMAMATEOFJOVSKY

by IMAMATEOFJOVSKY » 03 Aug 2008 15:56

Would that be the NOTW aka The Sunday Star? If so , load of tripe - nothing on the "real" NOTW about any such move

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 03 Aug 2008 16:18

There is an Irish version of the NOTW. However there isn't a sniff on KUMB or WHO.

Streets

by Streets » 03 Aug 2008 16:30

West Ham do not have the money available to make such a signing. Their chairman is in all sorts of trouble with his other business interests.

premiership_bound

by premiership_bound » 03 Aug 2008 19:01

Streets West Ham do not have the money available to make such a signing. Their chairman is in all sorts of trouble with his other business interests.

They just spent £5M on a right back so they do have some cash.

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 03 Aug 2008 19:09

I understood that Spurs were chasing Ashton for around £18m, which would of course release funds so this will run on for another month at least, obviously Spurs are involved in other moves i.e Arashavin etc........so the chain of moves will no doubt unfold towards midnight on the 31 august.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 03 Aug 2008 19:31

Wow. Did someone actually type that?

Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

by Agent Balti » 04 Aug 2008 11:52

premiership_bound
Streets West Ham do not have the money available to make such a signing. Their chairman is in all sorts of trouble with his other business interests.

Or conversely, if they've just spent £5m, then they've not got it now...

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 04 Aug 2008 13:12

Agent Balti
premiership_bound

Or conversely, if they've just spent £5m, then they've not got it now...

WHU are financially up the creek.

Loans and debts are being called in on their owner.

Like us tranfer fees in will not match fees out

Unlike us they are in a dodgier position financially

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 04 Aug 2008 17:44

Wow - imagine how much Darren Bent was worth before Charlton got relegated, and he was sold to Spurs for the knock-down price of only £16.5M!!!!!

:wink:

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 04 Aug 2008 20:18

Mr Angry

Wow - imagine how much Darren Bent was worth before Charlton got relegated, and he was sold to Spurs for the knock-down price of only £16.5M!!!!!

:wink:

Agreed. I love a poster who makes a factually incorrect post in a condescending manner. That's the best one this year. Even Dodger wasn't that rediculous.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 05 Aug 2008 01:22

I quite like Royalee. He's good entertainment value. You can tell he really does believe what he posts, unlike a lot of other who'll just post it for effect or to over emphasise a point.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 05 Aug 2008 08:48

Ian Royal I quite like Royalee. He's good entertainment value. You can tell he really does believe what he posts, unlike a lot of other who'll just post it for effect or to over emphasise a point.

Surely that is what is most worrying - he really believes most of the total rubbish that he posts.

659 posts