Rumour- Kris Commons swap deal for Matejovsky

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Rumour- Kris Commons swap deal for Matejovsky

by Big Ern » 21 Jan 2010 19:21

LoyalRoyalFan I agree that Karacan is a fantastic young talent. However, I don't think we should let go of Matejovsky because for me he is a vital part of the team.

LOL

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 21 Jan 2010 21:48

LoyalRoyalFan I agree that Karacan is a fantastic young talent. However, I don't think we should let go of Matejovsky because for me he is a vital part of the team.

He could be and he should be a vital part of the team - but for some reason he's not been.

How long do we have to wait, or is now the time to accept it's not going to happen and cash in when we can?

W&E Royal

by W&E Royal » 22 Jan 2010 00:28

Vital part of the team? Ha ha ha

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 22 Jan 2010 08:15

Ideal
LoyalRoyalFan Matejovsky has proven he can....

Stop right there!!!
Now excuse me, you say he has proven something? That's exactly what the major problem is, he hasn't proven anything while he has been with us.
There is the vague hope that "one day" he might fulfill his potential "if everyone can learn to understand him", on the other hand the guy is drawing up on 30 and has had a couple of seasons to build up an understanding with his teammates, don't you think it's a bit late to be talking about potential this and that??? Don't you think he would have done it by now if he ever was going to???

It's time to draw the line, the guy has been a failure - EOD.

OK Ideal you've made your point - you don't rate the guy. Bla, bla, bla.

Comfortably Numb

by Comfortably Numb » 22 Jan 2010 08:44

Ideal

Stop right there!!!

thank you very much
i need someone with a human touch
hey you
always on the run..

:D

Elmer Park

by Elmer Park » 22 Jan 2010 09:39

Rewinding to the original rumour about a potential swap deal, if reports in this morning's papers are true Derby need to raise some cash fairly urgently so that would make it even more unlikely that they would allow one of their most saleable assets to go out on loan even in exchange for another player.

Tilehurst Mike

by Tilehurst Mike » 22 Jan 2010 09:43

Never going to happen as matejovsky is currently injured and unlikely to play for at least another month

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 22 Jan 2010 10:04

Tilehurst Mike Never going to happen as matejovsky is currently injured and unlikely to play for at least another month

Yes because no player has ever been transferred whilst injured.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 22 Jan 2010 14:39

or is his injury till teh end of the month just a smoke screen so we dont play him, and have injury ruin the deal?

Royal_Delight
Location: In Madejski's Mansion counting the fans' season ticket money

by Royal_Delight » 22 Jan 2010 14:59

Tilehurst Mike Never going to happen as matejovsky is currently injured and unlikely to play for at least another month

Regarding his injury,can anyone tell me if he was injured during or after the match?

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 22 Jan 2010 15:09

Royal_Delight

Regarding his injury,can anyone tell me if he was injured during or after the match?

During the Plymouth match (he came off at half time).

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 22 Jan 2010 17:14

Ideal

Stop right there!!!
Now excuse me, you say he has proven something? That's exactly what the major problem is, he hasn't proven anything while he has been with us.
There is the vague hope that "one day" he might fulfill his potential "if everyone can learn to understand him", on the other hand the guy is drawing up on 30 and has had a couple of seasons to build up an understanding with his teammates, don't you think it's a bit late to be talking about potential this and that??? Don't you think he would have done it by now if he ever was going to???

It's time to draw the line, the guy has been a failure - EOD.

So what else would Kris Commons bring to the table? Ok, he is a winger, but he would be on the same sort of wages or even more and he is getting on a bit.

If the club was getting rid of Matejovsky, to get him off the wage bill, then the blame must be pointed at the chairman. It is time for Madejski to go, if he can no longer properly finance the club and the wage bill. Why let us get rid of our better players to keep the club stable, simply because Madejski can't afford to keep them.

shaka's shorts

by shaka's shorts » 22 Jan 2010 18:01

It is not SJM who cannot afford him, it is the club that cannot aford him. Have you read any of the posts on HNA. The club's revenue is down a few quid since the premier days....

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 22 Jan 2010 18:15

LoyalRoyalFan Matejovsky is the only player, who can play those intelligent through-balls, which our strikers can't read

So whats the point of having him then?

Maybe you are so desperate for him to be a star player, you have convinced your tiny mind that he actually is.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 22 Jan 2010 22:49

W&E Royal
I find that very insulting.

Sorry Ian, no offence was meant.

No harm done then. :)
I suppose anyone who considers me a hero must be mad enough to also consider Ideal a hero. :lol:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 22 Jan 2010 22:53

Dirk Gently
Karacan's only had the chance to play that role once or twice, and he's not disappointed either time. Matejovsky has had countless chances and only delivered once or twice.

Don't get me wrong, Matejovsky is our most skillful player - but he doesn't deliver that skill, so he's just not effective. I'd go for a less skillful player who consistently and effectively delivers any day of the week!

Thought in the first game of the season that Karacan was wasted in that stupid sit in front of the defence position Rodgers had him. Him and Howard are both good solid all round players and would work together very well in a Coppell 4-4-2 allowing two quality wingers to bomb on and provide for the strikers.

Likewise, he'd be very good in a pairing with Sig as the slightly more defensively minded player. But not just sitting and playing 5 yard passes, 3 yards in front of the defence.

My opinion of course.

Sig is already a better and more effective player than Matejovsky ever has been for us.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 22 Jan 2010 23:00

Ian Royal Thought in the first game of the season that Karacan was wasted in that stupid sit in front of the defence position Rodgers had him. Him and Howard are both good solid all round players and would work together very well in a Coppell 4-4-2 allowing two quality wingers to bomb on and provide for the strikers.

Indeed. Except for the Howard bit.

Solid? He's rounder than all the noughts at the end of his daily calorie intake.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 22 Jan 2010 23:26

I'm coming round to him. I think he was much improved when he wasn't being played on the left or as the creative, attacking midfielder.

W&E Royal

by W&E Royal » 23 Jan 2010 03:06

Ian Royal
W&E Royal
I find that very insulting.

Sorry Ian, no offence was meant.

No harm done then. :)
I suppose anyone who considers me a hero must be mad enough to also consider Ideal a hero. :lol:

I am mad, I also like Jay, people seem to be giving him shit recently although i can see why as I did work with him!! Talking of football though, I think Howard would be much better in central midfield in a 442, ideally you've got to want the Sig and Jem in the middle but not while we're in trouble. Jonny Fordham seems to think we want another winger so perhaps it will be a lefty, then Siggy can move inside. Either way, i'm loving football again under BMc, i was seriously falling out of love with it under BR.

Prem, Champ, League 1 or 2, i'm there......hating most who sit around me.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 23 Jan 2010 12:38

I think those three are probably the best options through the middle in a 4-4-2.