RUMOUR - Bertrand, Clyne and Zaha

509 posts
mr_number
Hob Nob Regular

Re: RUMOUR - Bertrand, Clyne and Zaha

by mr_number » 29 May 2012 13:41

Bertrand appears to be on holiday (in Marbella, again, what is it with footballers?) with Alloveryourface... Maybe Shaun can persuade him that a relegation battle would be far higher quality bantz than playing for the European Champions?

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 30 May 2012 12:19

<bump>

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 30 May 2012 12:21

If you're winding me up TBM, I'll never play you on Draw Something again. :x

robinsfriday

by robinsfriday » 01 Jun 2012 09:50

Looks like Clyne is in talks with Newcastle.

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 01 Jun 2012 11:25

robinsfriday Looks like Clyne is in talks with Newcastle.

Makes sense, good move all round

TheWearing

by TheWearing » 12 Jun 2012 11:09

Apparently Southampton, West Brom and Reading have submitted bids for Zaha

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 12 Jun 2012 11:14

TheWearing Apparently Southampton, West Brom and Reading have submitted bids for Zaha

My wife's uncle is a Palace ST holder and he says he isn't worth the fees being quoted. He is great apparently at running around like a headless chicken but rarely does anything meaningful. Looking at his stats he got 6 goals and 4 assists in 34 (8) league appearances. Not too good really......

Are we in a position to pay a lot of money for someone who MAY turn out to be good?

TheWearing

by TheWearing » 12 Jun 2012 11:31

Wycombe Royal
TheWearing Apparently Southampton, West Brom and Reading have submitted bids for Zaha

My wife's uncle is a Palace ST holder and he says he isn't worth the fees being quoted. He is great apparently at running around like a headless chicken but rarely does anything meaningful. Looking at his stats he got 6 goals and 4 assists in 34 (8) league appearances. Not too good really......

Are we in a position to pay a lot of money for someone who MAY turn out to be good?

He played really well at the Mad Stand last season though! He is only 19 and therefore has a lot of growing I predict he could turn out to be a great signing if we pulled it off

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 12 Jun 2012 12:08

TheWearing
Wycombe Royal

He played really well at the Mad Stand last season though! He is only 19 and therefore has a lot of growing I predict he could turn out to be a great signing if we pulled it off

Ah well, one game against us out weights all the remaining 41 appearances I guess.

You predict he could be a great signing? :| Thanks for the earth shattering insite that a player could be a success if we sign them.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 12 Jun 2012 12:30

Wycombe Royal

I could list a few Reading ST holders who would say similar things about just about every player in our squad! In the last 12 months this board has been told, by various people, that Federici is crap, Pearce is not a Championship player, Gorkss is a donkey, Harte is too slow and adds nothing, Cummings is useless on the ball and no good a defending, ALF is no goal scorer, Macanuff couldn't lad his way out of a paper bag, Leighertwood was a waste of money, Roberts is a has been who is here to cream off money and waste a space on the pitch etc etc.

For that reason I'll trust the judgement of the club coaching staff above a ST holder! :D

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 12 Jun 2012 12:32

:o - I see you didn't mention the views about Church though?? :wink:

under the tin

by under the tin » 12 Jun 2012 12:33

To be fair, the "could be's" and the "not quite there's" are Readings market.
Even with the Russian money, to bring in a complete player who is the finished article is probably out of our reach, price wise, wages wise, and status wise.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 12 Jun 2012 12:38

West Stand Man
Wycombe Royal

I could list a few Reading ST holders who would say similar things about just about every player in our squad! In the last 12 months this board has been told, by various people, that Federici is crap, Pearce is not a Championship player, Gorkss is a donkey, Harte is too slow and adds nothing, Cummings is useless on the ball and no good a defending, ALF is no goal scorer, Macanuff couldn't lad his way out of a paper bag, Leighertwood was a waste of money, Roberts is a has been who is here to cream off money and waste a space on the pitch etc etc.

For that reason I'll trust the judgement of the club coaching staff above a ST holder! :D

Just passing on an opinion from someone who has seen him play a lot of times. However his appearance at the Madejski mirrored that opinion. Lots of running, looked a handful but apart from the goal (which was put on a plate for him) he did nothing of note.

Mt point is are we in a position to pay a lot of money for someone who might be good if they can improve the poor areas of their game. It isn't as if he going to be costing a couple of million.

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 05 Jul 2012 18:09

Clyne could still happen

Blakey's Right Peg

by Blakey's Right Peg » 05 Jul 2012 18:16

pea Clyne could still happen

Sauce?

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 05 Jul 2012 18:43

Really? No disrespect, but the press are all over United taking him. RFC is one hell of a club, but...

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 06 Jul 2012 08:52

FVCK Clyne. It's all about Simpson now. Simpson pisses all over Cylne. In his hair and eyes and on his shirt a bit. Then when he runs out of piss, he makes Clyne go and get him a large glass of water, the f/cking idiot.

MouldyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MouldyRoyal » 06 Jul 2012 09:13

Would still like to see us try get Bertrand back on loan though.

BrockManson

by BrockManson » 06 Jul 2012 10:43

Clyne's meant to be a great prospect, but I can't say I know anything else about him.

Zaha looked like a very exciting player at the Mad Stad last season, well-taken goal too. Very raw in terms of his potential so it would definitely be a gamble, and at the £8m+ prices quoted I think that's a bit too big a risk the club would be willing to take.

Bertrand seems to be featuring for Chelsea a fair bit as of late, even picked up a CL medal. Not too sure whether Chelsea will sell given Cole's advancing years. Do they still have Van Aanholt though? He looks pretty decent and isn't really anywhere near their first team. Even on loan he would be a smart capture!

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 06 Jul 2012 11:27

BrockManson Clyne's meant to be a great prospect, but I can't say I know anything else about him.

Zaha looked like a very exciting player at the Mad Stad last season, well-taken goal too. Very raw in terms of his potential so it would definitely be a gamble, and at the £8m+ prices quoted I think that's a bit too big a risk the club would be willing to take.

Bertrand seems to be featuring for Chelsea a fair bit as of late, even picked up a CL medal. Not too sure whether Chelsea will sell given Cole's advancing years. Do they still have Van Aanholt though? He looks pretty decent and isn't really anywhere near their first team. Even on loan he would be a smart capture!

Di Matteo rates Bertrand so would be very surprised if he let him out on loan

509 posts