RUMOUR - Bertrand, Clyne and Zaha

509 posts
Basildon

Re: RUMOUR - Bertrand, Clyne and Zaha

by Basildon » 06 Jul 2012 11:33

Agree with most thats been said.

Bertrand - Would love to get him back, but seems highly unlikely as he is second choice to Cole and looks set to be his long-term replacement.
Zaha - Looked promising last season, but may be put off by the price.
Clyne - Again, very promising young player. Friends who are Palace fans have been raving about him for the past few seasons. Looks likely to be off somewhere bigger though.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 09 Jul 2012 14:33

Clyne mentioned again

http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/Spor ... dline=West

West Ham, Fulham and Reading chase Clyne

Monday, 09 July 2012
By Richard Cawley

CRYSTAL Palace are in negotiations with a number of clubs as they seek to resolve Nathaniel Clyne’s future.

The 21-year-old is on his way out of Selhurst Park after rejecting a contract extension.

But the Eagles are due compensation for the Stockwell-born right-back, who has been one of their most impressive performers in the past few years.

The South London Press understands that West Ham, Fulham and Reading are the Premier League clubs at the front of the queue for the youngster.

Palace co-chairman Steve Parish told Friday's edition of the South London Press: “We need to do a deal with Clyne.

“There is a bit of action in the background and we know there is a lot of interest.

“It is just about sorting out who it is best to go to and who will put the right money on the table. We’re all working to get an outcome.

“Clubs don’t want to go down the tribunal route. It is a game of cat and mouse on the fee - we’ve just got to let that play out.”

Palace value Clyne at around £3million but privately seem resigned to the fact that the former Tottenham youngster will move for significantly less.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 09 Jul 2012 18:33

Clyne and Zaha would be great maybe go in at £6m combined!

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 09 Jul 2012 18:54

loyalroyal4life Clyne and Zaha would be great maybe go in at £6m combined!

Zaha isn't gonna happen

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 09 Jul 2012 19:17

Reading in discussions with Palace over Clyne

Reading are in discussions with Crystal Palace over the transfer of defender Nathaniel Clyne, according to the South London Press.

The 21-year old is out of contract at the Championship side and is able to speak with other clubs. Fellow Premier League sides Fulham and West Ham are the other sides reportedly in discussions with the Eagles over Clyne. As Clyne is under the age of 24, compensation would need to be agreed if he was to move on a free transfer.

Clyne has impressed many with his mature and confident performances at right-back for Palace, becoming the youngest player in Championship history to play every minute in a single season. Manchester United have also shown interest in the England U21 international, but Fulham remain favourites to sign him.

There is no doubt that Clyne would be a fantastic coup for Brian McDermott, who is keen to add defensive options to his side in the next few weeks. It is clear he is now ready to take that step up to the Premier League, after turning down the opportunity to join Wolves in February 2010. Would you welcome him as signing, or is it too early for Clyne?

Read more: http://www.reading.vitalfootball.co.uk/ ... z209O1EVJ9

Jay o/

by Jay o/ » 09 Jul 2012 19:54

Brilliant, hope we get him. Forget Zaha tho, no chance.

Blakey's Right Peg

by Blakey's Right Peg » 10 Jul 2012 00:22

Couple of supposed Fulham ITK's speculating that they have made a big signing today, labelled as a 'real coup for the club'. Clyne perhaps?

royalsteve

by royalsteve » 10 Jul 2012 00:24

TheWearing
Wycombe Royal
TheWearing Apparently Southampton, West Brom and Reading have submitted bids for Zaha

My wife's uncle is a Palace ST holder and he says he isn't worth the fees being quoted. He is great apparently at running around like a headless chicken but rarely does anything meaningful. Looking at his stats he got 6 goals and 4 assists in 34 (8) league appearances. Not too good really......

Are we in a position to pay a lot of money for someone who MAY turn out to be good?

He played really well at the Mad Stand last season though! He is only 19 and therefore has a lot of growing I predict he could turn out to be a great signing if we pulled it off

agreed he played well but but he was non-existent at palace v reading - he isnt worth £6m, no way - half max as a gamble and one for the future id say - same goes for rhodes

royalsteve

by royalsteve » 10 Jul 2012 00:26

BrockManson Clyne's meant to be a great prospect, but I can't say I know anything else about him.

Zaha looked like a very exciting player at the Mad Stad last season, well-taken goal too. Very raw in terms of his potential so it would definitely be a gamble, and at the £8m+ prices quoted I think that's a bit too big a risk the club would be willing to take.

Bertrand seems to be featuring for Chelsea a fair bit as of late, even picked up a CL medal. Not too sure whether Chelsea will sell given Cole's advancing years. Do they still have Van Aanholt though? He looks pretty decent and isn't really anywhere near their first team. Even on loan he would be a smart capture!

£8m, what a joke for a few decent performances - totally non-existent palace v reading - no thanks

royalsteve

by royalsteve » 10 Jul 2012 00:27

DOYLERSAROYALER
BrockManson Clyne's meant to be a great prospect, but I can't say I know anything else about him.

Zaha looked like a very exciting player at the Mad Stad last season, well-taken goal too. Very raw in terms of his potential so it would definitely be a gamble, and at the £8m+ prices quoted I think that's a bit too big a risk the club would be willing to take.

Bertrand seems to be featuring for Chelsea a fair bit as of late, even picked up a CL medal. Not too sure whether Chelsea will sell given Cole's advancing years. Do they still have Van Aanholt though? He looks pretty decent and isn't really anywhere near their first team. Even on loan he would be a smart capture!

Di Matteo rates Bertrand so would be very surprised if he let him out on loan

shame always thought bertrand was a great prospect when on loan with rfc

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 10 Jul 2012 09:47

royalsteve

£8m, what a joke for a few decent performances - totally non-existent palace v reading - no thanks

A few decent performances? He's pretty much been their best player for the last couple of seasons, and at 21 he's been a consistent performer over 120 games despite playing in a pretty poor side and being shunted out of position quite a bit.

Sure, the figures quoted a high, but as always they'll be the total price after many conditions have been met (I'd imagine they'll include playing for England etc) and they reflect his potential resale value. If he signs for a Reading or Fulham and has one or two good seasons he'll be off to one of the big clubs for a lot more than he gets sold for this time around.

NR_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by NR_Royal » 10 Jul 2012 09:50

Surely seeing we have made 4 free transfers, we can afford this guy!

bracksroyal10

by bracksroyal10 » 10 Jul 2012 09:52

If it came down to it though ... who would everyone rather see?

Clyne who is supposed to be one of the best emerging right backs in the country

or Simpson who we know can consistently perform at this level

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 10 Jul 2012 09:59

Clyne would be a cracking signing.

Who Moved The Goalposts?

by Who Moved The Goalposts? » 10 Jul 2012 10:00

bracksroyal10 If it came down to it though ... who would everyone rather see?

Clyne who is supposed to be one of the best emerging right backs in the country

or Simpson who we know can consistently perform at this level

I suspect most of us would be happy with either. Whether we actually get either of them is the real question.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 10 Jul 2012 10:03

Would prefer Luke Young over both of them...

JS28ZoD

by JS28ZoD » 10 Jul 2012 12:43

Pepe the Horseman Would prefer Luke Young over both of them...

:lol: terrible fishing effort

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 10 Jul 2012 14:06

one for the future for sure. he looks to be a solid rb and if he spends a few years with us in the prem we would probably triple the fee we bought him for at least.

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 10 Jul 2012 20:27

For the first time ever I am ITK on this one, well regarding the Crystal Palace players anyway. Zaha is very unlikely to happen. We enquired about him before them end of last season but the price put us off and the difference in valuations was so large no further discussions were held. We thought he could get him for about 750,000K!

Clyne does remain a very real possibility though and it is between 7 clubs, us being one of them. Palace want to start a bidding war as all clubs have made similar low bids. Expect a few more statements from Palace to drive up the price ,contrary to what they said, the last thing they want is a Tribunal Fee as they know they will not get the best price.

As far as the player is concerned, it looks like a choice of us or West Ham as he is keen to stay in the south and Fulham seem to have cooled their interest.

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 10 Jul 2012 20:41

Maguire Clyne would be a cracking signing.

inclyned to agree..

509 posts