RUMOUR - Danny Simpson

193 posts
Cape Town Royal

Re: RUMOUR - Danny Simpson

by Cape Town Royal » 07 Jul 2012 12:09

RoyalX
Wuzzy87 The only thing that irritates me about cummings is how narrow he plays. I understand that he may well of been told to play like this, but when i think of the teams which like to switch the ball and use the wingers in this league scares me a little.

I seem to remember that narrower = better in full-back terms.

Well it generally beats having a great big hole between the FB and CB's...

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 09 Jul 2012 03:24

any news on this or is this rumor dead in the water? would be a solid signing for our defense.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 09 Jul 2012 15:02

If you're not Simpson, his agent, Pardew, Hammond or McDermott then no-one has a clue where this really stands on the bolloxometer.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 09 Jul 2012 15:44

USA_Loyal_Royal any news on this or is this rumor dead in the water? would be a solid signing for our defense.

I think it will all hinge on if Newcastle buy Debuchy

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 12 Jul 2012 18:05

Just heard from a source that this one's probably going to happen.

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 12 Jul 2012 18:17

Maguire Just heard from a source that this one's probably going to happen.

simpson, mariappa, and shorey set to be our defensive signings. solid work from bm. now if we can get defoe and another midfielder preferably a creative midfielder we would be set!

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 12 Jul 2012 18:40

Just had a chat with a close Jorno friend of mine who works for a respectable Local Paper in London. He is well connected at C Palace and stated we have all but ended our interest in Clyne as it looks like we have now got someone else at RB lined up and very likley to sign. He did not mention who was the potetial signing as he admitted he didnt have many connections at clubs other than C Palace, but with the speculation it could very well be Simpson. Make of it what you will, just passing on info.

BrockManson

by BrockManson » 12 Jul 2012 18:45

Simpson will be signing it seems. Very, very good capture for Reading.

I really like the guy, and pretty sad to see him leave NUFC, but it means NUFC are probably signing Debuchy and it means Cummings isn't guaranteed a first team place anymore (ultimately he's not good enough for the prem).

Very handy to have a player who's adept at clearing off the line - right place, right time!

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 12 Jul 2012 19:13

Newcastle fans site saying it is a done deal subject to player agreeing terms with us. Exert from twitter also below. Very good signing if true.

We understand a fee has been agreed with #NUFC for RB Danny Simpson. The player is believed to be in advanced talks with #readingfc

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastl ... z20QuTVmPm

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 12 Jul 2012 19:14

BrockManson Simpson will be signing it seems. Very, very good capture for Reading.

I really like the guy, and pretty sad to see him leave NUFC, but it means NUFC are probably signing Debuchy and it means Cummings isn't guaranteed a first team place anymore (ultimately he's not good enough for the prem).

Very handy to have a player who's adept at clearing off the line - right place, right time!

He's also very useful getting forward, but Newcastle fans are quick to point out that he has a tendency to not track back in a hurry on occasion, and that's something that will have to change.

There are rumours he hasn't travelled with Newcastle to their pre-season camp. Not confirmed though, and one NUFC fan was claiming he took photos from the airport...

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 12 Jul 2012 19:14

andrew1957 Newcastle fans site saying it is a done deal subject to player agreeing terms with us. Exert from twitter also below. Very good signing if true.

We understand a fee has been agreed with #NUFC for RB Danny Simpson. The player is believed to be in advanced talks with #readingfc

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastl ... z20QuTVmPm

That's a direct quote from @ReadingFC__News

Edit: I thought the ChronicleLive had used the tweet.

WoodsyNUFC

by WoodsyNUFC » 12 Jul 2012 19:26

Newcastle fan here, just thought id post my opinions on Danny Simpson as it seems this deal is almost as good as done.

Danny joined us on loan at the start of the championship season and was a big part of the solid defence that helped us win that division.

Since our return to the premiership Simmo has massively divided opinion of Newcastle fans, and I personally dont think hes good enough at this level, His positioning is very poor and time and time again he gives away cheap possession. The season before last he had Joey Barton infront of him on the right of Midfield and i think this helped protect him defensively, but this season he has been at fault for quite a few goals we have conceded.

Im not sure why he refused to sign the contract whether it was the amount offered or what, but i wish him all the best as i cant fault his commitment.

On another note, Danny Guthrie is a fantastic signing on a free im very dissapointed to see him leave and im sure he'll have a great season for yous.

All the best for the season!

BrockManson

by BrockManson » 12 Jul 2012 19:32

WoodsyNUFC Newcastle fan here, just thought id post my opinions on Danny Simpson as it seems this deal is almost as good as done.

Danny joined us on loan at the start of the championship season and was a big part of the solid defence that helped us win that division.

Since our return to the premiership Simmo has massively divided opinion of Newcastle fans, and I personally dont think hes good enough at this level, His positioning is very poor and time and time again he gives away cheap possession. The season before last he had Joey Barton infront of him on the right of Midfield and i think this helped protect him defensively, but this season he has been at fault for quite a few goals we have conceded.

Im not sure why he refused to sign the contract whether it was the amount offered or what, but i wish him all the best as i cant fault his commitment.

On another note, Danny Guthrie is a fantastic signing on a free im very dissapointed to see him leave and im sure he'll have a great season for yous.

All the best for the season!

Fellow NUFC fan here! Although...

Haddaway and shite- Simpson is perfectly capable at premiership level. Very understated and definitely worth his place in the first team. Trouble is he wants parity with the first team in wages which he isn't going to get from the club. Probably means Debuchy is a done deal so I reckon Simpson has gone because he won't get as many first team games next season.

Bit unfair to single him out for the defence shipping goals, especially since he's also made the most goal line clearances of any player in the prem last season. Only Arsenal sticks out as him f*cking up and costing the team.

Mid table premiership defender - not spectacular but sorry to lose him. He'll do very well at Reading and I'm looking forward to watching him play regularly still.

WoodsyNUFC

by WoodsyNUFC » 12 Jul 2012 19:47

As I said, very mixed opinions on Simmo between all NUFC Fans and to give him credit the amount of goal line clearances he made saved us a good few points, but IMO hes been at fault for quite a few goals shipped this season aswell.

Yes he was worthy of his first team place but only because we were very limited in that area and was our only out an out first team RB at the start of the season (before the rise of Perchinio) Fingers crossed this transfer means Debuchy will sign shortly.

Anyway i hope he proves me wrong and does well for you lot this year.

Woodsy

TheRoyalJoe

by TheRoyalJoe » 12 Jul 2012 20:28

He just tweeted that he has landed in Germany for the Newcastle pre-season tour.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 12 Jul 2012 20:44

TheRoyalJoe He just tweeted that he has landed in Germany for the Newcastle pre-season tour.

Anyone know how long they're out there for?

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 12 Jul 2012 20:53

was a great signing in Fantasy footy last season, would be happy though if we did get him as our RB

LoyalRoyal13

by LoyalRoyal13 » 12 Jul 2012 22:37

Brian confirmed that a signing should be a done deal either tonight or in the morning, afterwards we asked him if it's Danny Simpson. He replied "No, it's not Danny Simpson. It could be, but it's not" :|

themadstad

by themadstad » 12 Jul 2012 22:43

Danny Simpson in Germany now, signing expected within next two days. So not Danny Simpson considering. Seems like it'll be Luke Young or maybe a slight chance of Kyle Naughton.

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 12 Jul 2012 22:49

please not young. we need a young player who well keep for a good while who has premier league experience not a player who we will get another year out of, maybe. id love simpson to come here preferably, naughton wouldnt be a bad signing either.

193 posts