RUMOUR - Jermaine Defoe

725 posts
CayeneMatt

Re: RUMOUR - Jermaine Defoe

by CayeneMatt » 14 Jul 2012 22:05

I don't think BM does smoke and mirrors, its not in his nature. If Defoe was the one, he would've stopped at the '...Tottenham player' bit and wouldn't have added the '....can't see him coming to Reading' line.

I still reckon its Rhodes - lets just hope he's worth it.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 14 Jul 2012 22:07

CayeneMatt I don't think BM does smoke and mirrors, its not in his nature. If Defoe was the one, he would've stopped at the '...Tottenham player' bit and wouldn't have added the '....can't see him coming to Reading' line.

Le Fondre.

Jay o/

by Jay o/ » 14 Jul 2012 22:08

CayeneMatt I don't think BM does smoke and mirrors, its not in his nature. If Defoe was the one, he would've stopped at the '...Tottenham player' bit and wouldn't have added the '....can't see him coming to Reading' line.

I still reckon its Rhodes - lets just hope he's worth it.

So do huddersfield fans, and today Morrison changed his twit profile pic to one in his Huddersfield kit.....

CayeneMatt

by CayeneMatt » 14 Jul 2012 22:13

maffff

Le Fondre.

Hmmmm .... Fair point though not so blatant iirc

royal_cornwall

by royal_cornwall » 14 Jul 2012 22:24

In view of his statement regarding Le Fondre and knowing we all know what happened next I think mcd wry smile is sending us a cryptic message and the Defoe signing is in the bag :D

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 Jul 2012 22:25

Friday's Legacy "We have made an offer for a player which has been ongoing for a number of weeks. We will wait and see.

"No names, not at the moment. He's in England, it's a player that we have targeted for a number of weeks now. We are hopeful that we can get it done."

Reading have been linked with an audacious approach for Tottenham striker Jermain Defoe, but McDermott has been quick to rubbish the rumours.

He added: "Jermain Defoe is a terrific player, he's a Tottenham player, and I don't think he'll be coming to Reading somehow."

If he's not playing Defoe down then that sounds likely to be Simpson or another right back. Either way, and interesting week ahead with hopefully two more new faces.

It'd better be a bloody right back. It's a huge gaping hole in our squad right now.

I think that McDermott's smile is because the journo's given a name for completely the wrong player who we've already found out there's no chance of us signing some time ago.

You're all deluding yourselves if you think we'll sign Defoe and that smile meant something.
Last edited by Ian Royal on 14 Jul 2012 22:31, edited 1 time in total.

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 14 Jul 2012 22:28

Ian Royal
Friday's Legacy "We have made an offer for a player which has been ongoing for a number of weeks. We will wait and see.

"No names, not at the moment. He's in England, it's a player that we have targeted for a number of weeks now. We are hopeful that we can get it done."

Reading have been linked with an audacious approach for Tottenham striker Jermain Defoe, but McDermott has been quick to rubbish the rumours.

He added: "Jermain Defoe is a terrific player, he's a Tottenham player, and I don't think he'll be coming to Reading somehow."

If he's not playing Defoe down then that sounds likely to be Simpson or another right back. Either way, and interesting week ahead with hopefully two more new faces.

It'd better be a bloody right back. It's a huge gaping hole in our squad right now.

Personal opinion only, but I think it will be. If we're trying to get Defoe then there wont be a conclusion to it by next week. Spurs haven't even confirmed Adebayor yet have they? Let alone one or two more strikers before they let Defoe go. My guess is Mariappa and Simpson next week, and Young as back-up choice if Simpson doesn't happen.

As for Defoe coming here - It just feels a bit too ambitious for us at this stage, but you never know. If we're talking, which it seems we are, then there's chance, however small it may be.

TheVeryLoyalRoyal

by TheVeryLoyalRoyal » 14 Jul 2012 22:32

I reckon Defoe to Reading might actually occur! He was at Hogwood Park on Thursday, why come and look around otherwise? His wages may be a problem though and paying £6million for a 29 year old is quite high!

TheLawnMowerMan
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by TheLawnMowerMan » 14 Jul 2012 23:38

TheSiege There are two ITK people that I am aware of on HNA, One is Fridays_Legacy and one is TheSiege.

Oh joy - ever get the feeling that the nut-house has the lock on the wrong side of the door?

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 14 Jul 2012 23:45

TheSiege There are two ITK people that I am aware of on HNA, One is Fridays_Legacy and one is TheSiege.

Oxf*rd off newbie.

In my eyes, FL lost most of his ITK credibility during the Gylfi Sigurdsson saga. Still a great poster but I don't believe him to be ITK.

Oh and Defoe was not at the training ground on thursday, we have not lined up a bid for him, and we haven't even spoken to him. We made one enquiry to Levy, as we did with lots of players. That's all it has ever, and will ever be.

TheLawnMowerMan
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by TheLawnMowerMan » 15 Jul 2012 00:00

Ian Royal is right - we need a right back.
He knows this, I know this, I'm sure Brain Mc knows it as well.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 15 Jul 2012 02:30

Sorry to disappoint y'all, but this is 100% not happening. Factual.

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 15 Jul 2012 04:09

Graham, please stop approving all these new accounts without them having a letter from their parents to say that they're allowed to be on here...

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 15 Jul 2012 08:24

I saw the Sky interview & the first thing I thought was "He looks like the cat that got the cream". I smell a very good signing coming either way.

I still very much doubt it's Defoe though.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 15 Jul 2012 09:54

TheLawnMowerMan

Oh joy - ever get the feeling that the nut-house has the lock on the wrong side of the door?

:lol:

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 15 Jul 2012 09:56

urz13

Oxf*rd off newbie.

In my eyes, FL lost most of his ITK credibility during the Gylfi Sigurdsson saga. Still a great poster but I don't believe him to be ITK.

Oh and Defoe was not at the training ground on thursday, we have not lined up a bid for him, and we haven't even spoken to him. We made one enquiry to Levy, as we did with lots of players. That's all it has ever, and will ever be.

Apart from getting lucky with TSI can someone enlighten me to what FL (jay) has actually got right. Ta.

TheVeryLoyalRoyal

by TheVeryLoyalRoyal » 15 Jul 2012 09:57

MmmMonsterMunch I saw the Sky interview & the first thing I thought was "He looks like the cat that got the cream". I smell a very good signing coming either way.

I still very much doubt it's Defoe though.

He was talking about Danny Simpson, thats a guarantee.

UpNorth

by UpNorth » 15 Jul 2012 11:46

Spurs in the Mirror today say they want at least £10m for Defoe.

looks a bit of budget buster to me.

TheVeryLoyalRoyal

by TheVeryLoyalRoyal » 15 Jul 2012 11:48

UpNorth Spurs in the Mirror today say they want at least £10m for Defoe.

looks a bit of budget buster to me.

£10million plus £60k a week in wages! I seriously doubt we will get Defoe.

akranes
Hob Nob Regular

by akranes » 15 Jul 2012 11:51

Pogrebnyak > Defoe.

725 posts