SPECULATION: Andrey Arshavin

464 posts
Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

Re: SPECULATION: Andrey Arshavin

by Simon's Church » 07 Nov 2012 11:18

Terminal Boardom
TBM QPR have signed some quality players - look at what Mark Hughes has managed to achieve

Corrected for you

FTR, a monkey would do a much better job with the squad that Hughes has

+1

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 07 Nov 2012 11:59

Arshavin won't be coming to Reading. The guy's reported to be on 78k a week at Arsenal plus we're not even challenging for mid table obscurity!

Cobi
Hob Nob Regular

by Cobi » 07 Nov 2012 12:00

Terminal Boardom
TBM QPR have signed some quality players - look at what Mark Hughes has managed to achieve

Corrected for you

FTR, BMcD would do a much better job with the squad that Hughes has

Disagree. McD doesn't know how to handle players with big egos. Other clubs don't freeze them out, yet we do. Other clubs have several players like Guthrie, but because those players offer quality the club needs, they play. Brian would ban the lot of them and impose phantom injuries to justify their unavailability.

I don't mean to knock Brian but he's suited to players that laugh and joke and are close-knit and grateful to be there.

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 07 Nov 2012 13:50

Tevez? Balotelli? with Mancini?? :roll:

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 07 Nov 2012 15:04

TBM QPR have signed some quality players - look at them

also been sold a few high priced dudds
and all bought without any clue as to how they could blend together into a unit

royalsroyalsroyals92

by royalsroyalsroyals92 » 07 Nov 2012 15:09

Terminal Boardom

Corrected for you

Yeah cause i bet Taraabt, Granero etc. would be totally happy to just get the ball and lump it forward.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 07 Nov 2012 15:42

Cobi
Terminal Boardom

Corrected for you

Disagree. McD doesn't know how to handle players with big egos. Other clubs don't freeze them out, yet we do. Other clubs have several players like Guthrie, but because those players offer quality the club needs, they play. Brian would ban the lot of them and impose phantom injuries to justify their unavailability.

Hmmph, others would maintain that is EXACTLY the right way to handle them.

If they want to piss us about and risk undermining the team ethic then they can go and sit in the corner for a while until they come back and say sorry.

Football would be a far better place, with less spoiled brats and prima donnas strutting their stuff, if more clubs followed our example.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 07 Nov 2012 15:47

melonhead
TBM QPR have signed some quality players - look at them

also been sold a few high priced dudds
and all bought without any clue as to how they could blend together into a unit

Why would Arshavin be any different here?!

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 08 Nov 2012 12:06

As far as I can see the only reason that Arshavin would come here would be if we paid him £200K a week on a 3 year deal (a great retirement plan).

Why else come to a team that will be potentially relegated when many big clubs throughout Europe would have him in a heartbeat.

Players like this are simply out of our league unless Anton suddenly becomes Abramovic overnight.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 08 Nov 2012 17:51

andrew1957 As far as I can see the only reason that Arshavin would come here would be if we paid him £200K a week on a 3 year deal (a great retirement plan).

Why else come to a team that will be potentially relegated when many big clubs throughout Europe would have him in a heartbeat.

Players like this are simply out of our league unless Anton suddenly becomes Abramovic overnight.

A loan deal isn't out of the question. But no way will he come here on a long-term deal.

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 08 Nov 2012 19:11

...guess the question is if we are bottom 3 come January, will anyone,who can improve what we have, come to the club?

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 09 Nov 2012 09:53

SPARTA
andrew1957 As far as I can see the only reason that Arshavin would come here would be if we paid him £200K a week on a 3 year deal (a great retirement plan).

A loan deal isn't out of the question. But no way will he come here on a long-term deal.

But I thought his contract expired next summer so Arsenal will not let him out on loan if they can get a fee for him instead.

Isaac Hunt

by Isaac Hunt » 09 Nov 2012 10:24

Barry the bird boggler Arshavin won't be coming to Reading. The guy's reported to be on 78k a week at Arsenal plus we're not even challenging for mid table obscurity!

Although i agree with this entirely, the safety of his family might be enough to persuade him :?

LightwaterRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by LightwaterRoyal » 09 Nov 2012 13:36

If this comes off, Id just like to ensure everyone that I am not infact ITK, just a lucky guess. If you wish to bum me over it be my guest. no homo

El Diablo

by El Diablo » 13 Nov 2012 22:12

Pavel Pogrebnyak hoping Andrey Arshavin will join him at Reading

http://www.football.co.uk/arsenal/pavel ... 0249.shtml

Pavel Pogrebnyak would like to see fellow countryman Andrey Arshavin secure a January switch from Arsenal to Reading.

Russia international Pogrebnyak linked up with the Royals over the summer after deciding against penning a long-term contract at Fulham. Reports have suggested that he could soon be joined by Arshavin, with Reading owner Anton Zingarevich admitting to holding an interest in the Arsenal playmaker. Arshavin has struggled for game time at the Emirates of late and there is a chance that he could be persuaded to join the Royals' efforts to preserve their Premier League status.

"It's Arshavin who has to make the decision," Pogrebnyak told www.rg.ru.

"Anton Zingarevich knows him well enough without listening to my opinion, as he is from St Petersburg.

"Andrey is a master and there is no doubt that it would be great to see him at Reading.

"Gloomy Meanwhile, Pogrebnyak insists he has no regrets at having snubbed the opportunity to remain at Fulham over the summer in favour of joining a fight for survival at the Madejski Stadium.

"My former team Fulham are doing better than Reading at the moment, but I wouldn't say that I am sorry I left them," he added.

"I would say that I feel gloomy. I make no secret of the fact that it was difficult for me to leave Martin Jol's team.

"I had the desire to stay, but this is football and I signed for another team. I am still in touch with Jol and he is a strong coach."

HoneyRoastHoax
Hob Nob Regular

by HoneyRoastHoax » 14 Nov 2012 13:56

LightwaterRoyal If this comes off, Id just like to ensure everyone that I am not infact ITK, just a lucky guess. If you wish to bum me over it be my guest. no homo

ITK means In the know, it does not mean had a guess.

akranes
Hob Nob Regular

by akranes » 18 Nov 2012 23:08

‘What I really said, when asked about (Andrey) Arshavin, is that he’s a good player. I said that if he’s available, like another 10 to 15 players who would be in the winter, then we’d sit down and discuss. But the manager will make the final decision on transfers.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z2CcRFXzBE
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

tomrfcurz
Hob Nob Regular

by tomrfcurz » 18 Nov 2012 23:40

akranes ‘What I really said, when asked about (Andrey) Arshavin, is that he’s a good player. I said that if he’s available, like another 10 to 15 players who would be in the winter, then we’d sit down and discuss. But the manager will make the final decision on transfers.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z2CcRFXzBE
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

In terms of purely focussing on the possibility of Arshavin here: we know he IS available as Wenger has said so hundreds of times already. I also noticed the Mirror ran an 'exclusive' yesterday saying we would be willing to pay the asking price of £2m and £60k a week wages; this wouldn't seem like much usually but the last time they did have a Reading exclusive it was saying Pogrebnyak would sign, and we know where that went. Just fuelling the fire but lets wait and see

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 19 Nov 2012 20:10

£60k a week - I would not be happy with that, I don't care how good someone is, I don't want to see us playing the stupid wage chasing game and just throwing money at big name signings in the hope we can get into Europe once in a blue moon and just forgetting about the possibility of relegation.

NattMiles

by NattMiles » 19 Nov 2012 20:43

I really don't see us paying any player 60k a week, i hope we can get him in some way though.

464 posts