Robson-Kanu and Pearce to Cardiff

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Robson-Kanu and Pearce to Cardiff

by Ian Royal » 20 Apr 2013 13:40

Lower West HRK is approaching 24 and not an established first team player yet.

Sums it up.

So he could be an established first team player before he's 25 then?

RoyalinBracknell

by RoyalinBracknell » 20 Apr 2013 14:37

A year or two ago I wouldn't have been too bothered to see Robson-Kanu go. But I think he's been our most improved player this year, has impressed me particularly on the right wing, and must be pretty much our highest scoring midfielder? I hope we keep him.

I can't see Pearce staying now really and there's not anything we can do regarding where he goes.

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 20 Apr 2013 19:13

I highly rate hrk and it will be devastating to our rebuild if he leaves in all honesty.

Haag Royal

by Haag Royal » 20 Apr 2013 19:30

USA_Loyal_Royal I highly rate hrk and it will be devastating to our rebuild if he leaves in all honesty.

Sorry it would not make a blind bit of difference to RFC if HRK left. Not quick enough, poor defensively, too much showboating and not the the Adkins style.

The Royal

by The Royal » 20 Apr 2013 22:53

Haag Royal
USA_Loyal_Royal I highly rate hrk and it will be devastating to our rebuild if he leaves in all honesty.

Sorry it would not make a blind bit of difference to RFC if HRK left. Not quick enough, poor defensively, too much showboating and not the the Adkins style.

He looks fat too

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 21 Apr 2013 11:47

Some people can look fat but really they are thin.

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 21 Apr 2013 14:29

he has a real strong build. that should be obvious to just about anyone who has seen him...

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 21 Apr 2013 14:57

So he reckons he's Premier League quality and an international?

He plays his international football for a side that often dips into league one for players and where Simon Church is a squad regular.

He's played a bit part role this season for a relegated side and is not first choice when all wide players are fit. Yes he has scored the odd goal but most have been late in the game when the game was already lost.

No loss if he goes.

LightwaterRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by LightwaterRoyal » 21 Apr 2013 18:17

When everyone else was off cue HRK was the only player who looked like he was going to do anything. Thats the sort of players we need.

Haag Royal

by Haag Royal » 21 Apr 2013 19:00

Actually one of the reasons I think RFC won't be too bothered if he goes is that I think his brother is a players agent with Alex Pearce as a client. I know the actions of one should not affect the other but.......................they will.

Also as I have said endless times here the guy is not up for the job. Why when he is warming up does he spend more time looking at the crowd than he does the pitch? If ever a guy had too high an opinoion of himself it is him.

grey_squirrel

by grey_squirrel » 21 Apr 2013 19:08

Did Robson Kanu, being Welsh, say he would love to play for Cardiff 6 months ago? Nope. Or last year? Nope, dont remember that either. Yet now he does. Good honest professional.

No loss in the slightest if he follows up on his desires. Average player (whatever league you are talking about). Thinks he is better than he is.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 21 Apr 2013 19:57

grey_squirrel Did Robson Kanu, being Welsh, say he would love to play for Cardiff 6 months ago? Nope. Or last year? Nope, dont remember that either. Yet now he does. Good honest professional.

Except he hasn't said that at all. He's said the interest is flattering (that a team that will be playing Premier League football next season might want to sign him), especially because they're a Welsh team (because he's Welsh). Not tht he'd love to play for Cardiff.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 21 Apr 2013 20:39

HRK is not good enough for the premier league. For a start he is rubbish defensively(tracking back). He is overreated IMO

MeMeMe

by MeMeMe » 21 Apr 2013 20:46

HRK flatters to deceive. He appears slow on the wing & bit overweight but has chipped in with some goals.... he could make a half decent forward in the Championship

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 21 Apr 2013 21:15

Monreal is very very quick yet HRK blitzed past him on a few occasions against Arsenal. He's faster than you think but rarely gets to show it.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 21 Apr 2013 21:24

urz13 Monreal is very very quick yet HRK blitzed past him on a few occasions against Arsenal. He's faster than you think but rarely gets to show it.

He got past him a few times, then did nothing with the ball. What did he do against Southampton then?

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 21 Apr 2013 21:55

URZZZZ
urz13 Monreal is very very quick yet HRK blitzed past him on a few occasions against Arsenal. He's faster than you think but rarely gets to show it.

He got past him a few times, then did nothing with the ball. What did he do against Southampton then?

I was only making a point about his speed. He didnt do much vs Saints - but who did?

RockheadRumple

by RockheadRumple » 21 Apr 2013 22:23

Pearce and Robson-Kanu have the same agent. This just sounds like a story totally fuelled by an agent whoring out his clients.

I find it ridiculous that suddenly there is talk of Robson-Kanu leaving and by supposedly a complete coincidence everyone now thinks he's a rubbish player. The denial stinks.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 22 Apr 2013 09:04

RockheadRumple Pearce and Robson-Kanu have the same agent. This just sounds like a story totally fuelled by an agent whoring out his clients.

I find it ridiculous that suddenly there is talk of Robson-Kanu leaving and by supposedly a complete coincidence everyone now thinks he's a rubbish player. The denial stinks.

It's the supposed half-hearted acceptance that personally I find the most disgusting.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 22 Apr 2013 09:48

I'd prefer him to stay but if we got offered a decent sum, I'd be happy to sell him and get in someone in a position we need someone more desperately. Agree with others that he's far from the finished article - played great going forward against Man Utd at home, but at home for not tracking back in the same game for several goals. £4-5million would do the trick for me.