801 posts
CholseyRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: 2013 Summer Transfer Window

by CholseyRoyal » 27 Aug 2013 15:32

Gordons Cumming When is the deadline?

August 31st or September 1st?

Isn't it September 2nd? But NA is already muttering about the loan market after deadline day. Don't know the details on that though.

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 27 Aug 2013 15:34

CholseyRoyal
Gordons Cumming When is the deadline?

August 31st or September 1st?

Isn't it September 2nd? But NA is already muttering about the loan market after deadline day. Don't know the details on that though.

You're correct Cholsey, It's September 2nd.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 27 Aug 2013 18:06

11pm on Monday 2nd September.

One8Seven1

by One8Seven1 » 27 Aug 2013 22:43

NA said tonight he will see AZ tomorrow about new players but he doesn't know if there's been any progress. It's clear he's highlighted who he wants and the club are the ones holding him back in getting them in.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 27 Aug 2013 22:48

One8Seven1 NA said tonight he will see AZ tomorrow about new players but he doesn't know if there's been any progress. It's clear he's highlighted who he wants and the club are the ones holding him back in getting them in.

I don't know if I misheard but NA didn't seem that confident about bringing in any new signings.

I am worried that AZ really doesn't have the finances.

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 27 Aug 2013 22:52

blythspartan
One8Seven1 NA said tonight he will see AZ tomorrow about new players but he doesn't know if there's been any progress. It's clear he's highlighted who he wants and the club are the ones holding him back in getting them in.

I don't know if I misheard but NA didn't seem that confident about bringing in any new signings.

You me and a lot of people on here mate

Alfie10

by Alfie10 » 27 Aug 2013 23:09

By the sounds of it no one wants to come here, Adkins said he will speak to anton in the morning and see if "anything" is possible. Doesn't sound too promising. He liked to spend big at Southampton so hopefully he'll have funds available. In Adkins we trust

One8Seven1

by One8Seven1 » 27 Aug 2013 23:44

ManchesterRoyals
blythspartan

You me and a lot of people on here mate

AZ has never claimed to have a lot of money, only the media have, and that's because his father is a billionaire, not Anton!

Anton promised to operate with bigger budgets, and we are compared to that of SJM. He also promised we wouldn't have to sell out best players, unless of course they forced a move (i.e. Kebe, Pog..)

He has actually kept his word, but the fans buy into the bullshit the press come out with and their expectations increase, and unfairly. You can also argue Adkins has shot himself in the foot with his very vocal ambitions for us, but that's his job, that's how he works, he instills confidence in his squad and to do that you have to talk them up, and the club also.

AZ has done nothing wrong. Football fans always want more, so he's very rarely going to be on a winner.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 27 Aug 2013 23:59

No room for sensible input on these threads - you must have learnt that by now surely?

urzmikep

by urzmikep » 28 Aug 2013 00:54

For some reason I've had a sneaky feeling since the end of last season that if Adkins didn't get the funds that he was promised then he's the sort of guy that would walk out on us.

He was successful at Southampton because he had the funds to buy the players he wanted (initially in Division 1 and then the Championship and then in the Premier League).

Yes we had our 2nd team out today (apparently) but almost all of these players played for us in the premier league and should have at least kept the score line respectable tonight. But lets not forget that the Pog & Alf are the best striking options we have (sorry Blackman is not a striker!!!)

We should have invested in proven goal scorers when we had the chance (Rhodes, Austin, Hooper etc for not stupid money in today's terms) but instead we get rid of 2 of our strikers in Hunt & Church. At least Hunt would have shown a bit of passion out there tonight.

As I've said I can see Adkins walking out if he's not given some money to sign some decent players

Tommio

by Tommio » 28 Aug 2013 01:24

urzmikep For some reason I've had a sneaky feeling since the end of last season that if Adkins didn't get the funds that he was promised then he's the sort of guy that would walk out on us.

He was successful at Southampton because he had the funds to buy the players he wanted (initially in Division 1 and then the Championship and then in the Premier League).

Yes we had our 2nd team out today (apparently) but almost all of these players played for us in the premier league and should have at least kept the score line respectable tonight. But lets not forget that the Pog & Alf are the best striking options we have (sorry Blackman is not a striker!!!)

We should have invested in proven goal scorers when we had the chance (Rhodes, Austin, Hooper etc for not stupid money in today's terms) but instead we get rid of 2 of our strikers in Hunt & Church. At least Hunt would have shown a bit of passion out there tonight.

As I've said I can see Adkins walking out if he's not given some money to sign some decent players

Who said he was promised funds?

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 28 Aug 2013 07:31

sadly Reading are now lumbered with the millstone that is Pog.....he has done nothing to make himself a target for other clubs and I see him happily hanging around on his unwarranted wages which will in turn limit clubs ability to buy a suitable replacement...

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 28 Aug 2013 13:34

One8Seven1 AZ has never claimed to have a lot of money, only the media have, and that's because his father is a billionaire, not Anton!

Anton promised to operate with bigger budgets, and we are compared to that of SJM. He also promised we wouldn't have to sell out best players, unless of course they forced a move (i.e. Kebe, Pog..)

He has actually kept his word, but the fans buy into the bullshit the press come out with and their expectations increase, and unfairly. You can also argue Adkins has shot himself in the foot with his very vocal ambitions for us, but that's his job, that's how he works, he instills confidence in his squad and to do that you have to talk them up, and the club also.

AZ has done nothing wrong. Football fans always want more, so he's very rarely going to be on a winner.

Good post. Sadly it's grown men that also believe the hype and not just the young fans. NA needs time, and as mentioned elsewhere, he needs a few transfer windows to realistically bring in the right players that suit him and his style, and ship out the very average players he's desperately trying to work with.

Royal Dee

by Royal Dee » 28 Aug 2013 15:38

what about Bakary Sako? has a decent scoring record from midfield and he can play upfront and with kebe going he might be a suitable replacement?

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 28 Aug 2013 15:44

Royal Dee what about Bakary Sako? has a decent scoring record from midfield and he can play upfront and with kebe going he might be a suitable replacement?

dont need to replace kebe though do we? mcanuff hrk drenthe mcleary obita is surley enough?

Tilehurst End

by Tilehurst End » 28 Aug 2013 15:51

I am worried that AZ really doesn't have the finances.[/quote]

You me and a lot of people on here mate[/quote]

AZ has never claimed to have a lot of money, only the media have, and that's because his father is a billionaire, not Anton!

AZ has done nothing wrong. Football fans always want more, so he's very rarely going to be on a winner.[/quote]

Seem to remember an Anton interview where he said he expected "6 to 8" signings so he has made a rod for his own back if he is not backing that financially.

I appreciate they have to be the right players and would be as annoyed as anyone if we just brought in quantity instead of quality.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 28 Aug 2013 16:01

but when brian didnt make the signings, it was all down to him

now adkins hasnt, its all down to anton?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 28 Aug 2013 16:02

WoodleyRoyal
Royal Dee what about Bakary Sako? has a decent scoring record from midfield and he can play upfront and with kebe going he might be a suitable replacement?

dont need to replace kebe though do we? mcanuff hrk drenthe mcleary obita is surley enough?

i would very much hope we would, since he is better than all of those except maybe drenthe, it would leave us seriously worse off

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 28 Aug 2013 16:16

One8Seven1

Good post! I'm sure he does have quite a bit of money as he was looking into buying (was it Everton or Fulham?) a couple of years ago..
I think in addition to doing nothing wrong (so far) he has done an awful lot right! Academy, Trainging grounds, budget and club linking

Elm Park Pasty

by Elm Park Pasty » 28 Aug 2013 16:35

NewCorkSeth
One8Seven1

Good post! I'm sure he does have quite a bit of money as he was looking into buying (was it Everton or Fulham?) a couple of years ago..
I think in addition to doing nothing wrong (so far) he has done an awful lot right! Academy, Trainging grounds, budget and club linking

To use a metaphor, a few too many people on this site believe that 60 minute makeover is the correct way to go about refurbishing your house. Without wondering about the quality of the rushed workmanship, there is also the longevity of the structure and whether the end result is actually what you wanted in the first place. Brick by brick is the best thing rather than throwing the house up at once.

801 posts