RUMOUR: Mohamed Sissoko

516 posts
Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

Re: RUMOUR: Mohamed Sissoko

by Reading4eva » 11 Sep 2013 11:04

genome
Reading4eva Its all gone a bit quiet on this. Understand Sissoko isnt happy with our offer and wants to hold out for something "better"

you flipping truncheon

Huh?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 11 Sep 2013 11:08

just trying to get creative with my put downs.

Badger Finger
Hob Nob Regular

by Badger Finger » 11 Sep 2013 13:07

I approve of calling him a truncheon

It's a high class put-down

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 11 Sep 2013 15:51

Elm Park Pasty
loyalroyal4life
Platypuss

:lol: The New Johnny Fordham

Somebody has to, Fordham's twitter feed seems to be morphing into Tim Dellor,

I had to stop following him. His hatred for Reading fans (probably fair, but we all are not mongs), and his delight/smugness that Reading have had a few tough weeks was really getting on my nerves. Talk about burning bridges. He does have a very punchable face though.

Elm Park Pasty

by Elm Park Pasty » 11 Sep 2013 16:46

Mike Hunt
Elm Park Pasty
I had to stop following him. His hatred for Reading fans (probably fair, but we all are not mongs), and his delight/smugness that Reading have had a few tough weeks was really getting on my nerves. Talk about burning bridges. He does have a very punchable face though.

I always quite liked it when I followed a game on Twitter, and you'd have the @ReadingFC propaganda stream closely followed by Fordham's stream of what was really going on. Not sure what has happened recently though. Maybe he thinks he's bigger than us now, maybe he's become Oliver Holt's protege, or maybe he was just asked to pay for his portion of pasta when he made his recent trip to Hogwarts, but whatever it is, he's become slightly vitriolic and almost sneering. Fordham, if you're reading this, The Hound moved onto greater heights than you have when he left the Post, but he did it with class.

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 12 Sep 2013 09:35

The hound didn't have to deal with the modern Reading FC PR machine though.

No surprise he's venting a bit, he's probably had to bite his tongue countless times over the past three years because if he didn't he wouldn't get the access needed to do his job.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 12 Sep 2013 09:43

Wimb The hound didn't have to deal with the modern Reading FC PR machine though.

No surprise he's venting a bit, he's probably had to bite his tongue countless times over the past three years because if he didn't he wouldn't get the access needed to do his job.

Didn't The Hound basically retire ? And he had to deal with Boyd Butler, which ended up with him being banned from the club and IIRC then declining to cover them any more.

MM

by MM » 12 Sep 2013 12:52

Adkins has today stated, directly, that the Sissoko deal is very unlikely to happen now. Also he didn't make any positive sounds on loan players coming in, but did repeat that we have to try to get to January in contention, wait until the window opens again, and then try and push on from there.

Nothing that we don't already know really, but a bit of an update on Sissoko at least. Pretty uninspring imo, given all the bravado.

Source: Sky Sports News Radio interview.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 12 Sep 2013 13:31

Elm Park Pasty The Hound moved onto greater heights than you have when he left the Post, but he did it with class.

A Maidenhead Liberal Democrat councillor constitutes 'greater heights' does it :?:

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 12 Sep 2013 13:33

MM Adkins has today stated, directly, that the Sissoko deal is very unlikely to happen now.

Wow, the least surprising news ever :!:

"We didn't sign anyone on deadline day but we're speaking with Sissoko, don't you know....."

".....ah, he doesn't want to sign but we were speaking with Sissoko, don't you know"

Complete lack of class shown in our dealings. I can imagine they feel some pressure as to the reaction of their supporters for their recruitment FAILINGS, but these are expectations they built up themselves!

"100 goals! 21 clean sheets"

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 12 Sep 2013 14:24

What seems to be happening is that we are going after signings that are unrealistic because we either don't have the stature to attract them or the willingness to pay the obviously higher wages they will want. Hence all the failed deals we keep hearing about.

So in a way I commend them for setting their sights high, but what is the point if you don't sign them? There never seems to be a back up plan in our transfer dealings.

Shaka's Giant Hands

by Shaka's Giant Hands » 12 Sep 2013 14:38

Must admit that after 'Bushgate' I thought there may have been a loan signing coming in.

Would be interested to find out who those two players (or not) were.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 12 Sep 2013 14:41

The only possible saving grace for the monumental f*ckup of not signing further key players (and yes enough of the BS apologists its a f*ckup and you know it this time) is that we would be making kickarse loan signings with a view to permanent transfers round about now. Even then it was a monumental f*ckup but at least one with a hint of a getout clause. That we're not being linked with a couple of decent strikers, a AM and CB (or at least just strikers) already is SERIOUSLY concerning. Not even the odd rumour, nothing. Ok there's the sissoko rumour but why do we need him? Signing him would be interesting but wouldn't go anywhere near addressing our main weaknesses.

I'm actually astounded at what's happening. Someone, somewhere has ballsed up big time or blatantly lied to us. Step forward Anton "I don't know why Brian didn't spend the millions I gave him" Zingarevich or Nicky Hammond.

Elm Park Pasty

by Elm Park Pasty » 12 Sep 2013 14:52

floyd__streete
Elm Park Pasty The Hound moved onto greater heights than you have when he left the Post, but he did it with class.

A Maidenhead Liberal Democrat councillor constitutes 'greater heights' does it :?:

I thought he left the Evening Post to write for The Times? If so, a respected paper around the world is surely a 'greater height' than a local rag?

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 12 Sep 2013 15:01

Elm Park Pasty
floyd__streete

I thought he left the Evening Post to write for The Times? If so, a respected paper around the world is surely a 'greater height' than a local rag?

You are thinking of Russell Kempson, perhaps.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 12 Sep 2013 15:03

Wycombe Royal What seems to be happening is that we are going after signings that are unrealistic because we either don't have the stature to attract them or the willingness to pay the obviously higher wages they will want. Hence all the failed deals we keep hearing about.

So in a way I commend them for setting their sights high, but what is the point if you don't sign them? There never seems to be a back up plan in our transfer dealings.

tbf we did sign at least two players who would previously have been too big for reading. so........

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 12 Sep 2013 15:41

im sure im going over old ground, but what if we'd signed nobody in the summer, and Drenthe, Williams and Bridge on deadline day :?:

I think we all know hopw positive we'd be.

Elm Park Pasty

by Elm Park Pasty » 12 Sep 2013 15:55

floyd__streete You are thinking of Russell Kempson, perhaps.

I most certainly was Floyd cheers, but didn't he write for one of the local papers?

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 12 Sep 2013 16:23

Elm Park Pasty
floyd__streete You are thinking of Russell Kempson, perhaps.

I most certainly was Floyd cheers, but didn't he write for one of the local papers?

Post.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 12 Sep 2013 16:27

melonhead
Wycombe Royal What seems to be happening is that we are going after signings that are unrealistic because we either don't have the stature to attract them or the willingness to pay the obviously higher wages they will want. Hence all the failed deals we keep hearing about.

tbf we did sign at least two players who would previously have been too big for reading. so........

Drenthe yes, but Bridge no as he played a full season in the Champ last season.

But I'm talking about Sissoko, Sigurdsson (January transfer window), Tom Ince, Wilfred Zaha, etc. We were never going to back up these targets with the required wages and/or transfer fee so why bother trying in the first place?

516 posts