Anyone eye any strikers we should sign?

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Anyone eye any strikers we should sign?

by SCIAG » 27 Apr 2015 13:11

holsgrove breaks a leg Brett Pitman may be surplus to requirments should Bournemouth go up and is a definate goal scorer

24 goals in 96 Championship matches = 12 goals a season. Don't think he's proven himself above League 1 yet, and he's 27 now.

I don't know what Burnley's plans for Sam Vokes are but he might help get the best out of HRK...

5cotland

by 5cotland » 27 Apr 2015 13:38

What about Darryl Murphy of Ipswich?

End of contract and banged 25 goals this year. If we are quick enough then why not?

and Adam Rooney of Aberdeen
Last edited by 5cotland on 27 Apr 2015 13:50, edited 1 time in total.

5cotland

by 5cotland » 27 Apr 2015 13:40

Patrick Bamford on Loan from Chelsea as well?

Maybe even take Lukas Jutkiewicz off Burnleys hands

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 27 Apr 2015 14:54

Brett Williams scores on average every other game for Aldersh*t

Colbster

by Colbster » 27 Apr 2015 15:06

SCIAG
Sutekh So how did Solanke get to play for Chelsea's academy when he was born in Reading?

Chelsea scout the Reading area heavily and sign about half the best young players.

This is quite an interesting read: http://www.thesecretfootballer.com/arti ... the-roost/

Basically kids would probably prefer to sign for the likes of Chelsea whereas they stand a better chance of making first team football signing for Bristol etc.....

GH Royal

by GH Royal » 27 Apr 2015 15:19

Colbster Basically kids would probably prefer to sign for the likes of Chelsea whereas they stand a better chance of making first team football signing for Bristol etc.....

Bit of an obvious one really. Trouble is a lot of the kids who do go to teams like Chelsea or Arsenal end up getting hung out to dry at the age of 13/14 as they don't think they'll make it and then struggle to find another club.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 27 Apr 2015 15:30

If I were Clarke and I could shift the likes of Blackman and Kanu (and Cox judging by the limited time he's had from Clarke) off the books I'd be looking for a bit of pace upfront aligned to some experience and prove ability.

Nicky Maynard, despite his recent poor record would be one I'd like to have a look at. Same with bringing Mackie back as he's the right type of player but just doesn't have enough quality with his final ball or finishing.

Nakhi Wells would be another I'd like us to be sniffing around as Vas Te (I think he might be available on a free this summer as well).

Young quality loanees would be a good way to go as well, someone like Bamford obviously ticks a lot of boxes, but they are still likely to be a bit of a gamble in the same way as our own youngsters are.

GH Royal

by GH Royal » 27 Apr 2015 15:51

Hoop Blah someone like Bamford obviously ticks a lot of boxes, but they are still likely to be a bit of a gamble in the same way as our own youngsters are.

I'm sorry but how is Bamford a gamble?

14/15 3rd place Middlesborough - 38 Apps 17 Goals
13/14 3rd place Derby - 21 Apps 8 Goals (6 month loan)

Still only 21, we would have no chance trying to get him on loan, he'll be top end of the Champs again or Lower end of the Prem next season.

Tilehurst End

by Tilehurst End » 27 Apr 2015 16:54

Given that Yakubu,Mackie and Appiah will probably be gone, Cox and Blackman do not appear to be in SC's plans and Robson-Kanu needs to realize that the number 9 on his shirt is not just his shoe size, we should be looking to bring in 3 strikers at least.

Unfortunately the likelihood of finding another trio like Kitson,Doyle and Long for a couple of hundred grand is pretty remote.

Tommio

by Tommio » 27 Apr 2015 17:44

Bradshaw, Mackie and Maynard/unknown foreign player would be good. If we get rid of Cox yakubu HRK and Blackman then perhaps another player added onto the above, maybe vaz te, bebe(if the rumour is true) or Mackail smith.

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 27 Apr 2015 17:47

Samuel is out of contract in the summer, so even if we want him to stay he may decide not to.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 27 Apr 2015 17:57

GH Royal
Hoop Blah someone like Bamford obviously ticks a lot of boxes, but they are still likely to be a bit of a gamble in the same way as our own youngsters are.

Still only 21, we would have no chance trying to get him on loan, he'll be top end of the Champs again or Lower end of the Prem next season.

Someone LIKE....

I thought it was pretty clear that I was talking about other young loanees from Chelsea and not Bamford himself. People have been putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with the idea we'll be getting Solanke on loan next season. That would be great, but it would still be a gamble and I think we need more proven performers than that or we'll be making a bit of a gamble.

If we could get Bamford it would be a great move. His next move really should be to a Premier League side where he can further prove himself though.

Whatevs

by Whatevs » 27 Apr 2015 18:01

I know someone that reckons* he scored a hatrick at Wembley

Tommio

by Tommio » 27 Apr 2015 19:10

Matt done would also be good, we could do with another left footbed winger or 2 (assuming we sell Kanu and Blackman)

Turns8
Hob Nob Regular

by Turns8 » 27 Apr 2015 20:48

Not so much an out an out striker....but Isiah Brown (Left Winger/Striker)could be a possible from Chelsea...Was at WBA with a certain Mr Clarke and then joined Chelsea once Clarke left WBA....

ayjaydee
Hob Nob Regular

by ayjaydee » 27 Apr 2015 23:02

GH Royal

Saints fan at work says they are getting Bamford on loan as a sweetner for Clyne going to Chelsea

Blakey's Chin

by Blakey's Chin » 28 Apr 2015 15:28

No chance we'll get Bamford. He won't want the move and Chelsea will want him playing in the prem next season, and rightly so. Hopefully Samuel can step up but we can't rely on him on his own. Have no idea who else, looks like we may need to take a gamble on someone like Solanke or a lower league striker

Royalcop

by Royalcop » 28 Apr 2015 16:29

We'd never be able to afford his wages (not unless Pog leaves) but Ricky Lambert is surely on his way out of Liverpool and could tear up the Championship.

Benik Afobe previously of this parish has scored 32 goals this season but can't see Wolves selling him to us, or being able to afford him.

Isaiah Brown at Chelsea mentioned above is a good shout, more on him here - http://www.espnfc.com/blog/scouts-noteb ... th-product

MoorgateRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MoorgateRoyal » 28 Apr 2015 17:05

Nicky Maynard might be worth looking at- he's got a point to prove and we could help him revive his career. I saw someone mention Vaz Te- another one worth looking at.

Other than that, this could be a big year for Samuel. He broke his foot/ankle at Coventry, but was smashing them in before that, and he also made an appearance under Clarke earlier this year. If he can get fit for pre-season, he could be a decent back-up striker.

Royalcop

by Royalcop » 28 Apr 2015 17:15

MoorgateRoyal Nicky Maynard might be worth looking at- he's got a point to prove and we could help him revive his career.

Also we have a good track record with players called Nicky.