Pearce to return?

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

Pearce to return?

by paddy20 » 07 Jan 2016 10:48

Thought that might happen as soon as Blackman went there. If true I think we are in a pretty sorry state and going back fast. If our only ambition is to re-sign players that weren't good enough before just to bolster egos then thats worrying. Please lets look ahead!

JIM

Re: Pearce to return?

by JIM » 07 Jan 2016 11:03

READING, new name , suggest ROYALS LOAN AND INJURED PLAYERS REST HOME. logically thats how it looks, We have never had as many loaned players as this season. an the possibility of 2 more, seems stupid.
Lets have a clean out now .

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 07 Jan 2016 11:31

Derby Telegraph

DERBY County defender Alex Pearce has been linked with a return to former club Reading on loan.

Pearce joined the Rams from the Royals on a free transfer in the summer but has yet to make a league appearance this season.

His only outing in a Derby shirt so far came in the Capital One Cup defeat at Portsmouth back in August.

Pearce is keen to get some regular first-team football as he bids to earn a place in the Republic of Ireland's squad for the Euro 2016 finals.

And Reading are said to be keen on taking him back to the Madejski Stadium, on loan, during the January transfer window.

Pearce is also thought to be attracting interest from other Sky Bet Championship clubs.

"Alex has been frustrated," said Rams boss Paul Clement recently.

Asked about the possibility of Pearce going out on loan, Clement added: "That is something we are going to have to decide together during this month, myself and him, and what the best thing is for him in order to play some games and have the opportunity to go to the Euros next summer."

Derby this week signed striker Nick Blackman from Reading.

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-C ... z3wYYLMvxh

oxf*rd off Pearce. Don't want you.

RoyalJames101
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalJames101 » 07 Jan 2016 12:08

Tbf I would rather Pearce than Hector.

He's always looked a lot better when playing alongside someone with experience, so he might benefit playing alongside McShane. He was brilliant alongside Gorkss but awful alongside Hector, KhumaLOLo and Morrison.

Would rather we looked elsewhere but it wouldn't be the worst signing we could make.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 07 Jan 2016 12:08

If McShane is out for long then signing an extra centre back makes sense, given Ferdinand is always a risk.
Pearce is a perfectly good player although I'd want Cooper to be ahead of him in terms of selection so he'd probably only be back up.
With the number of loans we have it's hard to see Pearce getting in the match day squad, let alone in the team, without significant injury so if his aim is to play games we're not a good option for him.

One8Seven1*

by One8Seven1* » 07 Jan 2016 13:42

maffff Derby Telegraph

DERBY County defender Alex Pearce has been linked with a return to former club Reading on loan.

Pearce joined the Rams from the Royals on a free transfer in the summer but has yet to make a league appearance this season.

His only outing in a Derby shirt so far came in the Capital One Cup defeat at Portsmouth back in August.

Pearce is keen to get some regular first-team football as he bids to earn a place in the Republic of Ireland's squad for the Euro 2016 finals.

And Reading are said to be keen on taking him back to the Madejski Stadium, on loan, during the January transfer window.

Pearce is also thought to be attracting interest from other Sky Bet Championship clubs.

"Alex has been frustrated," said Rams boss Paul Clement recently.

Asked about the possibility of Pearce going out on loan, Clement added: "That is something we are going to have to decide together during this month, myself and him, and what the best thing is for him in order to play some games and have the opportunity to go to the Euros next summer."

Derby this week signed striker Nick Blackman from Reading.

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-C ... z3wYYLMvxh

oxf*rd off Pearce. Don't want you.

But he's just what we need! Slow, gets turned easily..

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 07 Jan 2016 13:46

No to Alex Pearce. I'd rather Jason Pearce

RoyalJames101
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalJames101 » 07 Jan 2016 14:26

Royal_jimmy No to Alex Pearce. I'd rather Jason Pearce

:| he's awful.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 07 Jan 2016 14:37

RoyalJames101
Royal_jimmy No to Alex Pearce. I'd rather Jason Pearce

:| he's awful.

Exactly.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 07 Jan 2016 15:09

I'd rather play with 10 men. No, make that 9 men than have Alex Pearce sit on our bench.

It's a no from me.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 07 Jan 2016 15:19

Have you heard about the game journalists play at this time of year? They have three bags, one of which contains names of players, bag 2 holds club names, the third holds two counters, one marked loan the other sale. They pull out one from each bag and hey, presto they are then "linked" and worthy of a article in their newspaper.
It is also a big fat NO from me as well.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 07 Jan 2016 15:30

The Royal Forester Have you heard about the game journalists play at this time of year? They have three bags, one of which contains names of players, bag 2 holds club names, the third holds two counters, one marked loan the other sale. They pull out one from each bag and hey, presto they are then "linked" and worthy of a article in their newspaper.
It is also a big fat NO from me as well.

Seems legit.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 07 Jan 2016 17:44

Yes please, can't wait to see Pearce (C) alongside McShane (C)

**BREAKS COCK**

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 07 Jan 2016 19:45

Is this the same lad who was our best player when we won the league a few years ago?

If so, I hope we're not in for him, Fukking useless.

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 07 Jan 2016 21:52

Simon's Church Is this the same lad who was our best player when we won the league a few years ago?

If so, I hope we're not in for him, Fukking useless.

Yes the same player who went to Derby and was so good he played 1 game for them.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 08 Jan 2016 10:03

Classic Pearce
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C10yIlKYp58

Hospital pass to Kuhl, comedy defending falling over and waving his arms.
OUT.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 08 Jan 2016 16:38

For me he would be behind our current 4 CB's (currently McShane>Ferdinand>Hector>Cooper>Pearce) and so the only possible reason we would look at him would be if Hector went back to Chelsea. He would still be 4th choice though and would still be on the bench at best and so I cannot see it is attractive for either party.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 08 Jan 2016 16:47

I would definitely not put Cooper ahead of Pearce, if he was affordable I wouldn't mind going back to him, he is a dedicated player and never seems to get sent off, I recall the Cardiff game and that's about it and that red card seemed harsh.

Sure he can't pass the ball to save his life but he's always been solid alongside a defender he can offload the ball to who is more comfortable in possession which we have in abundance.

I suspect he won't be affordable though, despite his injuries just give Ferdinand another year, maybe a pay as you play style contract and maybe get a loan defender in next season to give us the opportunity to send Cooper out on loan with a recall option.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 09 Jan 2016 12:13

I've always liked Pearce. Solid but slightly slow and clumsy. Reads the game well but awkward at passing. Top Championship defender. As Reading through and through as a player comes.

But this is obvious bullshit made up by a lazy journalist.

There's no way we'll loan him without losing at least two other loanees. His wage demands were more than we were prepared to pay and apart from the promotion season McDermott has never favoured him as first choice picking Mills, Khizanishvili, Gorkss and Mariappa ahead of him more often than was justified by their, and our, performances at the time.

I love Pearce for his passion for the club. He was a real leader who connected with the fans.... and that step over at Donny was a thing of rare beauty.

But this isn't going to happen.

SydenhamRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SydenhamRoyal » 09 Jan 2016 12:17

tidus_mi2 I would definitely not put Cooper ahead of Pearce, if he was affordable I wouldn't mind going back to him, he is a dedicated player and never seems to get sent off, I recall the Cardiff game and that's about it and that red card seemed harsh.

Sure he can't pass the ball to save his life but he's always been solid alongside a defender he can offload the ball to who is more comfortable in possession which we have in abundance.

I suspect he won't be affordable though, despite his injuries just give Ferdinand another year, maybe a pay as you play style contract and maybe get a loan defender in next season to give us the opportunity to send Cooper out on loan with a recall option.

If i remember rightly Pearce got a red card that was overturned on appeal; but that might have been v Sheff Wed