Potential New Owners

939 posts
WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Potential New Owners

by WestYorksRoyal » 14 Jun 2023 08:50

Even in "doomsday" scenarios, I like to think it would just be the nadir of a bad cycle. Clubs like Bury and Macclesfield are rarer than Bolton, Portsmouth and Derby. I can handle a spell in L2 if it involves the club rediscovering its identity and there are feelgood recovery stories out there like Luton and, looking further back, Brighton. And at our nadir, the only people interested would be those in for the long haul; you can't simply roll the dice and hope for PL football.

I'd be more anxious about the pheonix club route if it can to it. We'd get to the Conference, but then it is a wild west akin to the Championship with massive risk taking and losses backed by wealthy owners in search of the Football League.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 14 Jun 2023 09:16

WestYorksRoyal Even in "doomsday" scenarios, I like to think it would just be the nadir of a bad cycle. Clubs like Bury and Macclesfield are rarer than Bolton, Portsmouth and Derby. I can handle a spell in L2 if it involves the club rediscovering its identity and there are feelgood recovery stories out there like Luton and, looking further back, Brighton. And at our nadir, the only people interested would be those in for the long haul; you can't simply roll the dice and hope for PL football.

I'd be more anxious about the pheonix club route if it can to it. We'd get to the Conference, but then it is a wild west akin to the Championship with massive risk taking and losses backed by wealthy owners in search of the Football League.

If it still exists we will have the best stadium in the national league that`s for sure,

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 14 Jun 2023 09:17

If true it just sums up Dai and to be honest, good riddance. Can't say I am surprised, the way he walked out early after Wigan scored at our ground said it all. Clearly lost interest.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 14 Jun 2023 09:27

Ian who wanted relegation was warned this might happen (it may have done anyway) but I think less likely so.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 14 Jun 2023 09:29

Royal_jimmy Ian who wanted relegation was warned this might happen (it may have done anyway) but I think less likely so.

What level are we at on the Royal Jimmy panic scale?

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 14 Jun 2023 09:38

WestYorksRoyal Even in "doomsday" scenarios, I like to think it would just be the nadir of a bad cycle. Clubs like Bury and Macclesfield are rarer than Bolton, Portsmouth and Derby. I can handle a spell in L2 if it involves the club rediscovering its identity and there are feelgood recovery stories out there like Luton and, looking further back, Brighton. And at our nadir, the only people interested would be those in for the long haul; you can't simply roll the dice and hope for PL football.

I'm not sure the phoenix club route really wants to come in at this stage. At the moment, it's a relatively credible/believable Twitter rumour that, whilst obviously is concerning, we shouldn't exactly panic about. It just seems like an owner who wants to sell the club. If it is the best for all parties, then Dai will want to sell and get the best price possible for the club, whilst the new owners will want to come in and invest and potentially look to build something from scratch essentially.

On Strings

by On Strings » 14 Jun 2023 09:57

Royal_jimmy Ian who wanted relegation was warned this might happen (it may have done anyway) but I think less likely so.

He said it would be more exciting being mid-table in L1 :lol:

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 14 Jun 2023 09:59

YorkshireRoyal99

I'm not sure the phoenix club route really wants to come in at this stage. At the moment, it's a relatively credible/believable Twitter rumour that, whilst obviously is concerning, we shouldn't exactly panic about. It just seems like an owner who wants to sell the club. If it is the best for all parties, then Dai will want to sell and get the best price possible for the club, whilst the new owners will want to come in and invest and potentially look to build something from scratch essentially.

An owner wanting to sell is no major issue, the issue would be if he either only funds to the minimal level i.e. just covers the costs as they stand today or just stops entirely.

I don't see the latter happening as whilst he has owned 2 clubs that no longer exist, he has never invested funds like he has here - 180 odd million is a lot to just lose.

May we live in interesting times.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 14 Jun 2023 10:05

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 14 Jun 2023 10:26

Stranded
tidus_mi2 Some guy says something on twitter and everyone believes it.

He is a little bit more than a random tweeter, so whilst a rumour, it is one that should be treated with some respect. Doesn't mean it's true of course but it fits the current situation.

I don't know of any situation where as a journalist he broke a story like that, let alone now as an ex-journalist.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 14 Jun 2023 10:28

Stranded

He is a little bit more than a random tweeter, so whilst a rumour, it is one that should be treated with some respect. Doesn't mean it's true of course but it fits the current situation.

Lots of his stories when sports editor of teh Chronicle ended up wide of the mark.

And if true why has Dai just pumped in £6m? That's not pocket money and not just seeing through the next month month or so

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 14 Jun 2023 10:35

Then why don`t they just put a statement out there?, they must be seeing the outrage on social media and how it is affecting the renewal figures.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 14 Jun 2023 10:57

NathStPaul

What level are we at on the Royal Jimmy panic scale?

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 14 Jun 2023 11:24

Let's see if these rumours are true but it's really not looking good if there's legs in them

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 Jun 2023 11:30

blythspartan
Stranded

Sadly, this is very believable. I can see another 12 points deduction incoming. I think we have much more pain ahead tbh.

Can’t see the leap from this to a 12 point deduction

Good news is an American investor interested

It’s the big difference between clubs like Bury and Macc that there are people wanting to buy the club. It’s a relatively attractive prospect for all the previous reasons mentioned

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 14 Jun 2023 11:32

Stranded
YorkshireRoyal99

An owner wanting to sell is no major issue, the issue would be if he either only funds to the minimal level i.e. just covers the costs as they stand today or just stops entirely.

I don't see the latter happening as whilst he has owned 2 clubs that no longer exist, he has never invested funds like he has here - 180 odd million is a lot to just lose.

May we live in interesting times.

Even if the latter was to be the case, which is still unlikely, yes we'd go into administration which would be a worry but I wouldn't be massively concerned about setting up as a phoenix club yet, plenty of clubs or our size have gone into administration and have survived. It's obviously not a great experience or something we want to happen, but we'd likely get new owners to take us out of administration.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 14 Jun 2023 11:46

If the rumours are true it looks like we’ll be heading into the next season with no manager and hardly any first team players. No manager or players in their right minds will want to join us, so at best League Two here we come. What a complete and utter shit show this is turning out to be.

under the tin

by under the tin » 14 Jun 2023 11:57

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Jun 2023 11:59

Someone man the pumps because the piss will soon be above chin level on HMS PanicStations.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 14 Jun 2023 12:03

The "BRING BACK SIR JOHN" Tweets are in full swing.

939 posts