Summer 2023 Transfer Speculation

1360 posts
CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Summer 2023 Transfer Speculation

by CountryRoyal » 21 Aug 2023 14:11

-Also no thanks to hoilett, we’re investing in youth and the future as it should be.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 21 Aug 2023 14:18

CountryRoyal -Also no thanks to hoilett, we’re investing in youth and the future as it should be.

+1, probably would've taken him back at the beginning of the summer, but probably not now with the signings made and the direction the team is going in.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 21 Aug 2023 15:38

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 21 Aug 2023 16:01

blythspartan Another rumour.
https://t.co/6EVbJeAOij

Gavin Kilkenny can play as a defensive midfielder. It looks like it’s us and Brum who want to sign him on loan from Bournemouth. I’m not sure we need another CM though.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 21 Aug 2023 16:14

Know very little about him - started 13 games in Bournemouth's last promotion season but his loans were underwhelming last year. If he is more defensive, could be a good move if it allows Elliott to be more advanced where he could potentially hurt opponents.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 21 Aug 2023 16:15

blythspartan

Gavin Kilkenny can play as a defensive midfielder. It looks like it’s us and Brum who want to sign him on loan from Bournemouth. I’m not sure we need another CM though.

A busy little midfielder in the Charlie Savage mould-popular with the fans down here and definitely of Championship standard.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Aug 2023 16:48

Stranded Know very little about him - started 13 games in Bournemouth's last promotion season but his loans were underwhelming last year. If he is more defensive, could be a good move if it allows Elliott to be more advanced where he could potentially hurt opponents.

With Hutchinson, Savage and Wing, not to mention Senga, Craig, Elliott and Ejaria, we have absolutely no need of another central midfielder. If anything we have too many already.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Aug 2023 16:57

Well our recruiting has been on the money so far from early indications so if the scouting team think he’s a good option then great.

Ooc at end of season so not sure if this would be a loan followed by a free or something

Wouldn’t fancy our chances if Brum are interested though.

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 21 Aug 2023 18:09

I hope experience is something that’s being looked at too. Would imagine in September we’ll have some good ones still looking for clubs that we could pickup.

retro royal

by retro royal » 21 Aug 2023 18:33

Was out on loan at Charlton last season, from their board "I was disappointed in Kilkenny. I really thought he could be a good addition, but he just didn't look at it at all."

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 22 Aug 2023 08:19

Snowflake Royal
Stranded Know very little about him - started 13 games in Bournemouth's last promotion season but his loans were underwhelming last year. If he is more defensive, could be a good move if it allows Elliott to be more advanced where he could potentially hurt opponents.

With Hutchinson, Savage and Wing, not to mention Senga, Craig, Elliott and Ejaria, we have absolutely no need of another central midfielder. If anything we have too many already.

Wing is currently injured and it's only a matter of time before Hutchinson gets injured too. After that we've got Savage and Elliot in midfield. Ejaria I can't see being used as a CM and Rushesha, Craig and Senga are probably still U21 players for the time being, although can step in as a last resort.

I personally think it could be a good move for us and I think he'd be a solid addition to the squad for a season on loan.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 22 Aug 2023 08:21

Whatever the view, if we don't pay the tax today - won't be much happening anyway, on incomings at least.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 22 Aug 2023 08:28

retro royal

Was out on loan at Charlton last season, from their board "I was disappointed in Kilkenny. I really thought he could be a good addition, but he just didn't look at it at all."

Rather have Stacey

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 Aug 2023 08:48

YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal

Wing is currently injured and it's only a matter of time before Hutchinson gets injured too. After that we've got Savage and Elliot in midfield. Ejaria I can't see being used as a CM and Rushesha, Craig and Senga are probably still U21 players for the time being, although can step in as a last resort.

I personally think it could be a good move for us and I think he'd be a solid addition to the squad for a season on loan.

Despite the success so far of Abbey, Binden, Kelvin, Camara, Carson and Vickers we are still talking of u21 players as a last resort?

All 3 mentioned would be fine to step in.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 22 Aug 2023 09:42

Hound
YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal With Hutchinson, Savage and Wing, not to mention Senga, Craig, Elliott and Ejaria, we have absolutely no need of another central midfielder. If anything we have too many already.

Despite the success so far of Abbey, Binden, Kelvin, Camara, Carson and Vickers we are still talking of u21 players as a last resort?

All 3 mentioned would be fine to step in.

To be fair, probably a bit harsh to say last resort on my part, although the gist is that they possibly aren't first choice and wouldn't want them necessarily being 4th choice. Would rather have them impressing with the U21's and getting regular game time there or if not then possibly a loan move somewhere for the season.

Kilkenny would only be a loan as well, so we can easily re-assess in 12 months time and hopefully by that point decisions would be made on players like Rushesha and Craig, Senga may be afforded a bit more time.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Aug 2023 10:13

YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal

See, I even forgot Rushesha.

You don't seem to have learnt anything from Abbey and Binden. You describe Senga, Craig and Rushesha (mostly older than our CBs) as only for the U21s, when they've looked pretty comfortable playing with the first team.

You also argue you don't need more than 3 strikers for one forward position, or 4 for two where most of them are very young. Yet think we need 9 midfielders for two positions because you just rule out three of them for being young.

If Wing is injured and Hutch gets injured, I want to see Senga, Rushesha and Craig get chances. I'm sick of blocking off perfectly good Academy players with loanees and experienced failures.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 22 Aug 2023 10:19

Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal With Hutchinson, Savage and Wing, not to mention Senga, Craig, Elliott and Ejaria, we have absolutely no need of another central midfielder. If anything we have too many already.

You don't seem to have learnt anything from Abbey and Binden. You describe Senga, Craig and Rushesha (mostly older than our CBs) as only for the U21s, when they've looked pretty comfortable playing with the first team.

You also argue you don't need more than 3 strikers for one forward position, or 4 for two where most of them are very young. Yet think we need 9 midfielders for two positions because you just rule out three of them for being young.

If Wing is injured and Hutch gets injured, I want to see Senga, Rushesha and Craig get chances. I'm sick of blocking off perfectly good Academy players with loanees and experienced failures.

Yeah and that's your opinion. Mine is that I wouldn't mind Kilkenny, I think he would be a solid option for our team. Not much else to say that's worthwhile.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 Aug 2023 11:44

Expect Kilkenny would be with view to a perm transfer. He isn’t a youngster and will want first team football from this point on

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 22 Aug 2023 11:54

YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99

Yeah and that's your opinion. Mine is that I wouldn't mind Kilkenny, I think he would be a solid option for our team. Not much else to say that's worthwhile.

YR, I do enjoy reading most of your posts as I do IR’s, Stranded’s and a few others.

However, at times you don’t seem to have much faith in our youngsters and I appreciate that you are not alone with that view.

If Bowen and co deem Kilkenny as a good option for the squad I won’t argue as their recruitment has been spot on so far. I just wonder why you feel Craig and Senga etc. should be kept more for the u21s? I thought Craig was one of our best players against Millwall and he also impressed me in preseason friendlies.

I’ll reserve my judgement about the team until we have played 10+ games, but I do feel that our youngsters can really flourish in League One.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Aug 2023 12:07

blythspartan
YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal See, I even forgot Rushesha.

YR, I do enjoy reading most of your posts as I do IR’s, Stranded’s and a few others.

However, at times you don’t seem to have much faith in our youngsters and I appreciate that you are not alone with that view.

If Bowen and co deem Kilkenny as a good option for the squad I won’t argue as their recruitment has been spot on so far. I just wonder why you feel Craig and Senga etc. should be kept more for the u21s? I thought Craig was one of our best players against Millwall and he also impressed me in preseason friendlies.

I’ll reserve my judgement about the team until we have played 10+ games, but I do feel that our youngsters can really flourish in League One.

It's not like the guy has much experience, he's a similar age to our young players , he seems not to have got particularly good reviews at his last club.

And you can't just keep going after shiny baubles. You've got to manage your squad size. And it's really important to provide pathways.

It's like Pereira and Bouzanis before him. What's the point?

1360 posts