Potential New Owners

939 posts
MartinRdg

Re: Potential New Owners

by MartinRdg » 12 Oct 2023 16:52

From Despair To Where? No, but the rumour's got legs.

:D

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 12 Oct 2023 17:38

The Athletic reporting Genevra's failed bid as £40m. Mad to reject, but bullet dodged. Come on Red Bird!

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Oct 2023 18:02

WestYorksRoyal The Athletic reporting Genevra's failed bid as £40m. Mad to reject, but bullet dodged. Come on Red Bird!

Interesting

For everything I assume

J1A7Y

by J1A7Y » 12 Oct 2023 18:20

WestYorksRoyal The Athletic reporting Genevra's failed bid as £40m. Mad to reject, but bullet dodged. Come on Red Bird!

Good. That's the dodgy cnut from Wigan.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 12 Oct 2023 19:24

So basically the c*nt that owns the club is rejecting offers from more dodgy c*nts that are queuing up to buy us and noone with a decent past or record of business or sponsorship wants to buy us. Jeez this is depressing.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 12 Oct 2023 19:43

This must be the most protracted decline of a football club ever. There doesn’t appear to be an end in sight, and all of the red bird rumours look to be false. I can see this dragging on for oxf*rd months.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 12 Oct 2023 19:51

blythspartan This must be the most protracted decline of a football club ever. There doesn’t appear to be an end in sight, and all of the red bird rumours look to be false. I can see this dragging on for oxf*rd months.

Waiter, waiter … Can you top him up please his glass appears half empty

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Oct 2023 20:05

blythspartan This must be the most protracted decline of a football club ever. There doesn’t appear to be an end in sight, and all of the red bird rumours look to be false. I can see this dragging on for oxf*rd months.

We've only been openly on the market to buy for about 3 weeks. And additional investment for about another 3 months.

Why does no one have patience any more. This stuff takes months usually.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 12 Oct 2023 20:25

SJM spent about 5 years touting the club for sale and that was when we were well run and successful. Even then, the only person to bite was a Russian chancer with daddy's credit card.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 12 Oct 2023 20:36

From Despair To Where? SJM spent about 5 years touting the club for sale and that was when we were well run and successful. Even then, the only person to bite was a Russian chancer with daddy's credit card.

Depends on how desperately he was trying to sell the club in those five years - he wasn't being forced out of the club, unlike Dai effectively is. There could've easily been plenty of reasonable offers that got rejected in that time that we're not aware of.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 12 Oct 2023 21:15

Snowflake Royal

We've only been openly on the market to buy for about 3 weeks. And additional investment for about another 3 months.

Maybe because even with a 12 point deduction, there might still be slim hope we could stay up with a new owner who has half a brain and brings in the right people.
My concern is that we aren't like a Bolton, or Derby. They live in low-cost areas, and don't have the facilities we have.
We on the other hand are heading for League 2 and enormous overheads and who the f*CK wants to invest in that? Apart from a property developer who's eyes might light up at assets we have.....that's if Dai hasn't kept them and flogged them off.
Gilks has worked so hard to get that academy back to where it belongs and I suspect it maybe a casualty when we drop....as well as a lot of staff.

Linden Jones' Tash

by Linden Jones' Tash » 13 Oct 2023 06:33

Clyde1998
From Despair To Where? SJM spent about 5 years touting the club for sale and that was when we were well run and successful. Even then, the only person to bite was a Russian chancer with daddy's credit card.

Depends on how desperately he was trying to sell the club in those five years - he wasn't being forced out of the club, unlike Dai effectively is. There could've easily been plenty of reasonable offers that got rejected in that time that we're not aware of.

I have no information on this - but given SJM needed to get that Chris Samuelson character involved to find his buyer, it is very doubtful that plenty of "reasonable offers" were rejected.
Those who mythologise SJM and his decision making should Google CS and his involvement in football
Last edited by Linden Jones' Tash on 13 Oct 2023 07:36, edited 1 time in total.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 13 Oct 2023 07:05

So all we know for sure is that nothing has happened as yet that can be confirmed by official sources but it could be on the way.

Back to sleep everyone, at least until payday comes round again....

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 13 Oct 2023 08:45

Snowflake Royal

The last time people were calling for patience was when we were allegedly on the brink of appointing Wilder and we heard nothing. Turns out the club was in crisis behind the scenes.

The fans are entitled to be impatient; we want Dai to face reality and accept reasonable bids, and a bearded twat to stop wasting everyone's time. Quickly.

I'd point out Reading fans have probably been the most patient in the country. When we had our first points deduction and Dai said he'd learn from his mistakes, we were patient. When he got us relegated, we were patient. We've been given a miserable 3 years or so and only started protests a month ago.

Now all we want is the man overseeing the ruin of our club is to get out, and there is no patience left.

Acquisitions can move quickly if the motivation is there on both sides. The pace suggests this isn't the case, so I'm impatient and anxious that Dai will hang around to inflict more pain.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 13 Oct 2023 09:19

WestYorksRoyal
Snowflake Royal

The last time people were calling for patience was when we were allegedly on the brink of appointing Wilder and we heard nothing. Turns out the club was in crisis behind the scenes.

The fans are entitled to be impatient; we want Dai to face reality and accept reasonable bids, and a bearded twat to stop wasting everyone's time. Quickly.

I'd point out Reading fans have probably been the most patient in the country. When we had our first points deduction and Dai said he'd learn from his mistakes, we were patient. When he got us relegated, we were patient. We've been given a miserable 3 years or so and only started protests a month ago.

Now all we want is the man overseeing the ruin of our club is to get out, and there is no patience left.

Acquisitions can move quickly if the motivation is there on both sides. The pace suggests this isn't the case, so I'm impatient and anxious that Dai will hang around to inflict more pain.

Well said.

I was patient but it’s gradually being eroded away. Even a mate at work who’s a Derby fan thinks that compared to them we have had it much worse, in terms of the length of time we have had to endure embargoes and points deductions. I would have taken a 21 points deduction, relegation, but then stability.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Oct 2023 10:30

I'm not saying be patient with Dai and the way the club is run, I'm saying selling a club isn’t to a quick process and you're on a hiding to nothing if you expect it to be done and dusted quickly.

It'll happen when it happens.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 13 Oct 2023 12:15

It's like buying a house really. It can be done in a couple of weeks but in the long run you're glad that the solicitors check and double check everything before exchanging contracts.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 13 Oct 2023 12:29

Snowflake Royal I'm not saying be patient with Dai and the way the club is run, I'm saying selling a club isn’t to a quick process and you're on a hiding to nothing if you expect it to be done and dusted quickly.

I fully appreciate that selling the club will take as long it takes. However, my impatience with Dai and my distrust of him naturally wants it to be completed ASAP. Hence a bit of frustration when I thought that something with red bird might be close only to find out that it’s all bollox.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Oct 2023 12:45

blythspartan
Snowflake Royal I'm not saying be patient with Dai and the way the club is run, I'm saying selling a club isn’t to a quick process and you're on a hiding to nothing if you expect it to be done and dusted quickly.

I fully appreciate that selling the club will take as long it takes. However, my impatience with Dai and my distrust of him naturally wants it to be completed ASAP. Hence a bit of frustration when I thought that something with red bird might be close only to find out that it’s all bollox.

William Storey was a pretty obvious red flag.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 13 Oct 2023 12:59

Snowflake Royal
blythspartan

William Storey was a pretty obvious red flag.

I agree, but being the frontman for red bird was feasible even if somewhat unlikely.

At the end of the day I got taken in by a false rumour, which was my bad.

939 posts