Ovie Ejaria

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Ovie Ejaria

by Brogue » 22 Apr 2024 19:32

This could mean any number of things and him coming back is probably the least likely of those things but hey this is the rumours AND gossip page.

He just posted this on his Instagram page, with no context. Seems odd. Why? Who knows but a picture of him in a reading shirt? Well here we are

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Ovie Ejaria

by SouthDownsRoyal » 22 Apr 2024 19:36

UR&G 8)

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 22 Apr 2024 19:39

SouthDownsRoyal UR&G 8)

The ‘u’ for unfounded was dropped many a year ago

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 22 Apr 2024 20:40

Brogue
SouthDownsRoyal UR&G 8)

The ‘u’ for unfounded was dropped many a year ago

Indeed.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 Apr 2024 20:48

He is odd so it’s no surprise he posts something odd

Prob got a trial game somewhere

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 23 Apr 2024 08:23

Man who last played for Reading and is without a club still - posts a picture of him with in the last football kit he played in with a timer underneath.

Most obvious meaning is that he is still waiting to get back into football. Absolutely nothing to do with us bar he used to play for us, so not sure what other picture he would use?

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 23 Apr 2024 10:29

Ian is getting excited. :wink:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Apr 2024 17:29

Hound He is odd so it’s no surprise he posts something odd

Prob got a trial game somewhere

This, but it's kinder words than I would have used.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 23 Apr 2024 21:21

Millsy Ian is getting excited. :wink:

At the thought that at least one of his failed prodigies might be making good.

Crusader Royal

by Crusader Royal » 24 Apr 2024 15:53

Stranded Man who last played for Reading and is without a club still - posts a picture of him with in the last football kit he played in with a timer underneath.

Most obvious meaning is that he is still waiting to get back into football. Absolutely nothing to do with us bar he used to play for us, so not sure what other picture he would use?

Terms of paying up his contract could mean he can’t sign for anyone until the end of the season.

I’d not be unhappy to see a revitalised Ovie back at the club. He’d fill an obvious gap, probably fit better with the way this squad plays now.
I don’t think anyone knows the full background to his last 18 months with us but I think it was a more complex situation than we might be aware of.
If he wanted to return and the finances were right he on one side and Azeez on the other could be rather tasty.
Don’t think it will happen though.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 24 Apr 2024 18:15

Crusader Royal
Stranded Man who last played for Reading and is without a club still - posts a picture of him with in the last football kit he played in with a timer underneath.

Terms of paying up his contract could mean he can’t sign for anyone until the end of the season.

I’d not be unhappy to see a revitalised Ovie back at the club. He’d fill an obvious gap, probably fit better with the way this squad plays now.
I don’t think anyone knows the full background to his last 18 months with us but I think it was a more complex situation than we might be aware of.
If he wanted to return and the finances were right he on one side and Azeez on the other could be rather tasty.

Not just 18 months though....

Went missing under Pauno's last months when we had no fit players to speak of, repeat under Ince last season, and couldn't be arsed earlier this season when someone like him could have made all the difference.

There's no way I'd want this over paid waster anywhere near the club again even if he was supposedly committed.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 24 Apr 2024 18:37

Mid Sussex Royal
Crusader Royal

Went missing under Pauno's last months when we had no fit players to speak of, repeat under Ince last season, and couldn't be arsed earlier this season when someone like him could have made all the difference.

There's no way I'd want this over paid waster anywhere near the club again even if he was supposedly committed.

+1

Crusader Royal

by Crusader Royal » 25 Apr 2024 08:49

Mid Sussex Royal
Crusader Royal

I’d probably not be so quick to make assumptions. There was fairly clearly something going on that we weren’t privy to. From what little knowledge I have Ovie isn’t your usual footballer type personality (whatever that is). Given the restrictions on our transfer dealings and the fact he fits exactly our main gap I’d be considering him IF we had confidence in him and on a deal heavily weighted towards appearance based incentives.
But as I said, I don’t think it will happen.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Apr 2024 12:31

He doesn't really fit our main gap does he. We play quite a lot of fairly direct stuff and pacey counter attacking stuff.

He's a slow possession based guy.

He's not a high energy hassler and chaser.

He's a sulker and an odd ball that doesn't have a strong team collective spirit.

He doesn't have a good record of assists or goals.

He's not a young hungry player on the up. He's not a reliable senior player who can teach and lead the younger ones.

He's pretty much the antithesis of everything we might be looking for.

Crusader Royal

by Crusader Royal » 25 Apr 2024 13:22

Snowflake Royal He doesn't really fit our main gap does he. We play quite a lot of fairly direct stuff and pacey counter attacking stuff.

He's a sulker and an odd ball that doesn't have a strong team collective spirit.

He's not a young hungry player on the up. He's not a reliable senior player who can teach and lead the younger ones.

He’s a left sided attacker, which is the spot we’ve struggled with. Some of your points are a bit debateable, but they may be your opinion. Some are, in my opinion, simply wrong.
He creates space for others because he is often double marked.
I’m not advocating for him to be our top target, and if we did sign him it would need to be because whatever issues had arisen have been sorted.
But he’s a talented player who would rip teams apart in Div 1.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Apr 2024 17:33

Crusader Royal
Snowflake Royal He doesn't really fit our main gap does he. We play quite a lot of fairly direct stuff and pacey counter attacking stuff.

He’s a left sided attacker, which is the spot we’ve struggled with. Some of your points are a bit debateable, but they may be your opinion. Some are, in my opinion, simply wrong.
I’m not advocating for him to be our top target, and if we did sign him it would need to be because whatever issues had arisen have been sorted.

ALOL

Crusader Royal

by Crusader Royal » 25 Apr 2024 18:13

Snowflake Royal
Crusader Royal

ALOL

That’s a convincing argument !
I stick by my original comment.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 25 Apr 2024 20:35

Mid Sussex Royal
Crusader Royal

Agree, good post.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 26 Apr 2024 17:28

My suspicion would be a move to Saudi

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 27 Apr 2024 09:09

I suspect there is a lot about him that we will not find out for a few years, if ever. Every thing about his final months at Reading indicate a man who had serious mental issues. So, maybe people should give him a bit of slack.