Ovie Ejaria

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Ovie Ejaria

by SCIAG » 27 Apr 2024 09:15

Happy to give him slack on a personal level.

On a professional level, while he’s far too good for this level at his best, he’s also proven far too unreliable.

Someone will gamble on him and they might well be richly rewarded, but I don’t think it should be us. He’d probably benefit from a new environment.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 27 Apr 2024 13:34

No thank you

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Apr 2024 16:00

West Stand Man I suspect there is a lot about him that we will not find out for a few years, if ever. Every thing about his final months at Reading indicate a man who had serious mental issues. So, maybe people should give him a bit of slack.

I don't see any of us as likely to get in touch with him.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 27 Apr 2024 18:22

Snowflake Royal
West Stand Man I suspect there is a lot about him that we will not find out for a few years, if ever. Every thing about his final months at Reading indicate a man who had serious mental issues. So, maybe people should give him a bit of slack.

Strange as you were one of his biggest advocates!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Apr 2024 18:31

Clicked on that post for a laugh.

Apparently I'm one of ejaria's biggest advocats according to Karbota. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What a moron.

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 28 Apr 2024 14:03

Snowflake Royal Clicked on that post for a laugh.

Apparently I'm one of ejaria's biggest advocats according to Karbota. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What a moron.

I thank you for not quoting them though. I hate it when people quote others that I have muted. I don't wana see that.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 29 Apr 2024 09:36

karbota
Snowflake Royal

Strange as you were one of his biggest advocates!

Sorry skipper

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 29 Apr 2024 11:48

This is what I'm expecting to come out at some point. He went from looking like he'd be a solid Premier League player to someone I wouldn't want in a League One side - which points to some mental problems. Hopefully he gets his head back in the game and goes on to have a decent career.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 06 May 2024 09:54

https://twitter.com/dingjohnny1871/stat ... 3xBEw&s=19

Some footage, taken from his Instagram, shows he's training with us.

Why? Ex-player just keeping fit, or about to return to the Royals - you decide

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 06 May 2024 11:45

Imagine it’s the club looking after his welfare and letting him train to get fit rather than having intent to sign him. Wish him all the best, however his future lies away from Reading.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 May 2024 14:10

Surely the first team are now on holiday, havijg finished the season. I get there are still some youth games, so they'll be training, but why would anyone else, when they'll be back in about a month for pre-season.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 06 May 2024 15:28

TiagoIlori Imagine it’s the club looking after his welfare and letting him train to get fit rather than having intent to sign him. Wish him all the best, however his future lies away from Reading.

I wonder if that was part of the termination agreement - he can continue to train at the club's facilities until his contract would've naturally expired.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 06 May 2024 16:27

Clyde1998
TiagoIlori Imagine it’s the club looking after his welfare and letting him train to get fit rather than having intent to sign him. Wish him all the best, however his future lies away from Reading.

I wonder if that was part of the termination agreement - he can continue to train at the club's facilities until his contract would've naturally expired.

It's not unusual for clubs to let unattached professionals train with them at various times throughout a year especially if they're living locally.

Crusader Royal

by Crusader Royal » 08 May 2024 08:40

Sutekh
Clyde1998

It's not unusual for clubs to let unattached professionals train with them at various times throughout a year especially if they're living locally.

Although this is a rather different situation than him just being ‘unattached’. It might suggest the parting was less acrimonious than some imply. It might equally mean nothing !
I also don’t think Ovie lives locally.

JedMaxwell

by JedMaxwell » 08 May 2024 09:52

I'd imagine he's training with the u21s who are still in action in the play-offs.

Undeniable ability on the ball, but a total enigma and I doubt he's under serious consideration.

Having said that, Ruben may have seen something in him and might want to offer him something without the baggage of previous managers. If the stars align, he'd be unplayable in League One.

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 08 May 2024 12:28

JedMaxwell I'd imagine he's training with the u21s who are still in action in the play-offs.

Undeniable ability on the ball, but a total enigma and I doubt he's under serious consideration.

Having said that, Ruben may have seen something in him and might want to offer him something without the baggage of previous managers. If the stars align, he'd be unplayable in League One.

Incorrect. He'd dribble it back towards his goal just like he did in the championship.

He's better suited to indoor football or 5-a-side

MouldyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MouldyRoyal » 08 May 2024 16:54

You've got to be pretty biased to think that Ejaria didn't have a lot of talent. Some games he was another level. Fulham away where he scored a brace in a side which had no strikers for example.

Ability can't have been his issue, application or mental health/fortitude is much more likely.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 May 2024 17:28

JedMaxwell I'd imagine he's training with the u21s who are still in action in the play-offs.

Given Selles binned him it seems unlikely.

And +1 to GWL. Though I think he'd do a bunch of static step overs, slowing down all momentum, then get kicked, shoved and pushed off the ball before looking sulkily at the Ref from the ground while the opposition break.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 May 2024 17:33

MouldyRoyal You've got to be pretty biased to think that Ejaria didn't have a lot of talent. Some games he was another level. Fulham away where he scored a brace in a side which had no strikers for example.

Ability can't have been his issue, application or mental health/fortitude is much more likely.

He just played football wrong basically. Undeniable skill, but very little appropriate application of that skill.

He kept the ball tight to him, under his centre of balance, so he could never really go anywhere quickly, practically dragging it with him, meaning he was usually off balance.

He slowed down attacks. He delayed and delayed delivery so the defence was always set and ready and our attack's movement had died by the time he did anything.

He didn't track his man well. We was weak in the challenge physically and easily bullied.

He was at least good at interceptions and would occasionally chase the ball or opposition.

He's a player who with the right attitude and training could have maybe played in the PL, but with the attitude and applicatiojln he had, isn't really an asset to any professional team.

He's the kid who is more interested in making the opposition look stupid than playing the game.

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 08 May 2024 19:40

The guy totally lost it in the end however, i guess we do not know why it happened, maybe mental health issues we just don't know!! There was always a part of me that wanted him to succeed as mentioned above an in-form Ejaria in Div one would be a huge asset to any team.

Probably time to put this one to bed however, if he has put his troubles behind him then maybe a game to game contract could work!!