Summer 2023 Transfer Speculation

1360 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Summer 2023 Transfer Speculation

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Aug 2023 12:58

Best scenario is probably loan CBC for games.
Next sell Bouzanis

Hope Pereira is only 1 year deal with option to extend as we'll be back trying to work out whether Andresson or CBC should step up next summer.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 23 Aug 2023 13:48

Still interested in Anjorin apparently.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 23 Aug 2023 14:14

Snowflake Royal Best scenario is probably loan CBC for games.
Next sell Bouzanis

Hope Pereira is only 1 year deal with option to extend as we'll be back trying to work out whether Andresson or CBC should step up next summer.

Bouzanis was signed for 3 years last summer and so I can only see him agreeing to go if someone at least matches his current terms.

https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/foot ... s-24335766

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 23 Aug 2023 14:22

andrew1957
Next sell Bouzanis

Bouzanis was signed for 3 years last summer and so I can only see him agreeing to go if someone at least matches his current terms.

He's 33 in 5 weeks time, so depends if he favours playing over wage - he'll only be on between 2k and 3k pw - if he hangs around he'll get paid through to 2025 but barely play whereas he could drop back to L2 for a small decrease in salary but actually play.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 23 Aug 2023 18:21

Some random mentioning wba in talks for McIntyre and Ejaria

Can’t see it personally but maybe if they also sign Moore to rejoin Swift they can replicate our success of that era

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Aug 2023 18:38

Hound Some random mentioning wba in talks for McIntyre and Ejaria

Can’t see it personally but maybe if they also sign Moore to rejoin Swift they can replicate our success of that era

:lol:

Mugs. Except for McIntyre. Who Is gorgeous.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 23 Aug 2023 18:40

I noticed that and think he’s been right about a couple of other transfers.

A slight change of subject do you think we can convince Chelsea to let us have Deivid Washington on loan, lol.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 23 Aug 2023 18:55

Snowflake Royal

Maybe Fat Ron is trying to make up for ruining us by parting with some massively inflated fee for the pair of them

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 23 Aug 2023 19:13

Hound
Snowflake Royal

Maybe Fat Ron is trying to make up for ruining us by parting with some massively inflated fee for the pair of them

Doubtful considering he left them months ago.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 24 Aug 2023 06:28

Orion1871
Hound
Snowflake Royal :lol:

WBA must be on suicide watch by now, Swift joins then they're linked with signing Moore and now they're allegedly after Ejaria and McIntyre. Perhaps signing Button was a good move after all.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 Aug 2023 06:36

Orion1871
Hound
Snowflake Royal :lol:

Ah yeah true

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 24 Aug 2023 08:04

It’s going to be an interesting 8/9 days. How many incomings and outgoings does everyone think?

I’m going for 3 in (inc. Jayden Wareham) and 3 out (Ejaria, Holmes and NGW).

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 24 Aug 2023 08:14

blythspartan

I noticed that and think he’s been right about a couple of other transfers.

A slight change of subject do you think we can convince Chelsea to let us have Deivid Washington on loan, lol.

That account generally either takes an already known rumour and tweaks it/changes it slightly to make it look like he is ITK where is in reality it is mostly bollocks but enough have a grain of truth from other sources to make it look like he knows what he is talking about.

Been pretty much universally wrong on all transfer rumours involving us this summer.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 Aug 2023 08:43

I’d be surprised if someone took on Ejaria being as he’s been injured for a year and wages wouldn’t be cheap

And likewise not sure McIntyre would offer them a lot more than they have and would have to pay a fee

Do think Holmes will move on, strongly suspect he’s played his last game for us. Have a feeling someone will take Carroll - though suppose depends on him - can be arsed to up sticks again? Quite possibly his last season as a player

Fair chance NGW will go I think. Maybe a younger player as well

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 24 Aug 2023 09:57

Hound I’d be surprised if someone took on Ejaria being as he’s been injured for a year and wages wouldn’t be cheap

And likewise not sure McIntyre would offer them a lot more than they have and would have to pay a fee

Do think Holmes will move on, strongly suspect he’s played his last game for us. Have a feeling someone will take Carroll - though suppose depends on him - can be arsed to up sticks again? Quite possibly his last season as a player

Pereira, Clarke and Wareham in
No-one out.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 24 Aug 2023 09:59

Big Daz at the Mirror:

Reading are in talks with two clubs over keeper Dean Bouzanis. The Aussie, who has two years left on his contract, is expected to leave Reading with the club then set to tie up the free transfer of ex-Man United stopper Joel Pereira as his replacement.

https://twitter.com/DarrenOWitcoop/stat ... 4815016222

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 24 Aug 2023 10:11

Stranded
andrew1957
Next sell Bouzanis

He's 33 in 5 weeks time, so depends if he favours playing over wage - he'll only be on between 2k and 3k pw - if he hangs around he'll get paid through to 2025 but barely play whereas he could drop back to L2 for a small decrease in salary but actually play.

He's Australian, so wouldn't be surprised if an Australian club came in for him. I can't imagine his salary at Reading is massively higher than he'd get in the A-League and he'd probably be a fairly average GK in that league.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 24 Aug 2023 10:30

Sutekh
Hound I’d be surprised if someone took on Ejaria being as he’s been injured for a year and wages wouldn’t be cheap

Pereira, Clarke and Wareham in
No-one out.

Pereria is a definite but as that is just like for like I think that transfer is an "extra" one. Wareham will also happen, Clarke may sign Academy terms only for this season. I think there will be at least one surprise, probably on deadline day. Think we will leave most of our loans for Jan when that will be the best way to strengthen if needed.

Out Bouzanis looks off based on Witcoop this morning, Holmes & NGW will also go. Carroll will either stay or agree a pay off, he won't go to another club as he won't want to travel outside the South East.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 Aug 2023 10:38

He may find another club in the SE I suppose

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 24 Aug 2023 10:40

Hound He may find another club in the SE I suppose

Poss. maybe an Orient or Gillingham will take a punt but not sure - can see him being here, being brought back into the fold as a bench option and then retiring come the summer.

1360 posts