RUMOUR - Hunt to Sunderland

258 posts
JimmytheJim

by JimmytheJim » 01 Jan 2008 21:48

holy christ, what the living hell are you on about, meldrew? you make no sense. your opinion is that he is overrated. we get that. you don't go to games very often, we get that too. you don't understand how to argue and you spout nonsense. we all get that.

1. "still feel the same after today?"
nob. how does one game - a game, incidentally, in which we played with ten men for over 85 minutes - change anything? it speaks volumes about your football knowledge that you would say something as deeply retarded as that.

2. "BTW your facts are irrelevant..."
yes. he said as much.

3. "how about two airshots in two games?"
oh my god! he isn't perfect?! he made two mistakes? in TWO games? because i've been arguing all along that he is infallible, haven't i? oh god, what a fool i feel.

4. "how about not a single cross..?"
like i said. ten v eleven. one game. idiot.

5. "i have said before the guy runs about ... players run about in divs1 and 2"
great point. everyone who runs about a lot belongs in 'divs1 and 2'. genius. (by the way, they have changed the names to "the championship" and "league one", but don't worry, i suspect it's hard for a chap like you to keep up with all that confusing business)

6. "i happen to think..."
yes, yes, so do we. and we believe that hunt does do more than run about. the attention he commands and the praise he receives from his manager and the media suggests that we might just be right on that one. yes, he's erratic, but he's also more than capable of producing the goods.

7. you are a total fool. you should lie down and drink some water until you fully recover from this pwnage.

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 01 Jan 2008 22:49

As coppell has said, he has performed to a high intense level over the past 18 months. He may have a off day, no doubt we all do at work or wherever. I never really rated Hunt until recently and i think he will only get better as he's now a Irish International and regularly playing in the Prem.

He doesn't seem to cross the ball in from the right as its harder because he's left footed, but then he tend to come into the centre more and play a through pass. Kitson 2nd v Spurs anyone???

I hope we say no to Sunderland even if it was 5M. We don't need the money and as long as he wants to stay here then great!

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 02 Jan 2008 06:34

Coppell is hacked off with Sunderland

Reading boss Coppell angry with Sunderland over Hunt bid
tribalfooball.com - January 01, 2008

Reading boss Steve Coppell is annoyed with Sunderland for unsettling Stephen Hunt with a £2.5million bid that Reading were always going to reject.
He said: "There has been a bid but there is no way that Stephen Hunt will be leaving this club at this moment in time.

"He is typical of what we are about. He is a free transfer from Brentford, someone that has something to prove on a game-by-game basis and as far as I am concerned has been one of our key players for 18 months.

"I would like to go back to the old way of doing business where you phone people up and that verbal communication is the end.

"Their making the bid public didn't do me any favours. I would like to think we would do our business in the old-fashioned way."

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 02 Jan 2008 08:08

Barry the bird boggler Coppell is hacked off with Sunderland

Reading boss Steve Coppell is annoyed with Sunderland for unsettling Stephen Hunt with a £2.5million bid that Reading were always going to reject.
He said: "There has been a bid but there is no way that Stephen Hunt will be leaving this club at this moment in time.

"He is typical of what we are about. He is a free transfer from Brentford, someone that has something to prove on a game-by-game basis and as far as I am concerned has been one of our key players for 18 months.

"I would like to go back to the old way of doing business where you phone people up and that verbal communication is the end.

"Their making the bid public didn't do me any favours. I would like to think we would do our business in the old-fashioned way."

Surely it would only unsettle Hunt if he was actually interested in a move away? That upsets me.

M Brook
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by M Brook » 02 Jan 2008 10:56

Rawlie19

Surely it would only unsettle Hunt if he was actually interested in a move away? That upsets me.

Everyone has their price and if the Plastic Mackem offered to double his wages Hunt would be daft not to consider it (for a couple of seconds anyway). If he thinlks about it for more than a couple of seconds tho he will conclude that the choice of being managed by Keane or Coppell is a bit of a no brainer.

rotherwick_royal

by rotherwick_royal » 02 Jan 2008 12:18

So Coppell's upset by Sunderland? Job done by Keano and his men then!

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 02 Jan 2008 12:32

M Brook
Rawlie19

Everyone has their price and if the Plastic Mackem offered to double his wages Hunt would be daft not to consider it (for a couple of seconds anyway). If he thinlks about it for more than a couple of seconds tho he will conclude that the choice of being managed by Keane or Coppell is a bit of a no brainer.

Offering to double his wages is neither here nor there. They first have to offer a respectable amount for us to give them permission to talk to him.

M Brook
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by M Brook » 02 Jan 2008 13:44

As I said - 'Everyone has their price.'

'lista
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by 'lista » 02 Jan 2008 13:45

Every cowboy sings a sad, sad song.

Fat Leather Jacket

by Fat Leather Jacket » 02 Jan 2008 13:47

Has he gone yet?

:oops:

Sorry...

Every Rose has its thorn

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 02 Jan 2008 13:49

Everybody Hurts Sometime.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 02 Jan 2008 13:50

Everybody needs somebody to love

Fat Leather Jacket

by Fat Leather Jacket » 02 Jan 2008 13:51

Never gonna give you up.

rotherwick_royal

by rotherwick_royal » 02 Jan 2008 14:36

I'm on the Hunt I'm after you.

God I hated that song

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 02 Jan 2008 17:41

JimmytheJim holy christ, what the living hell are you on about, meldrew? you make no sense. your opinion is that he is overrated. we get that. you don't go to games very often, we get that too. you don't understand how to argue and you spout nonsense. we all get that.

nob. how does one game - a game, incidentally, in which we played with ten men for over 85 minutes - change anything? it speaks volumes about your football knowledge that you would say something as deeply retarded as that.

yes. he said as much.

oh my god! he isn't perfect?! he made two mistakes? in TWO games? because i've been arguing all along that he is infallible, haven't i? oh god, what a fool i feel.

great point. everyone who runs about a lot belongs in 'divs1 and 2'. genius. (by the way, they have changed the names to "the championship" and "league one", but don't worry, i suspect it's hard for a chap like you to keep up with all that confusing business)

yes, yes, so do we. and we believe that hunt does do more than run about. the attention he commands and the praise he receives from his manager and the media suggests that we might just be right on that one. yes, he's erratic, but he's also more than capable of producing the goods.

7. you are a total fool. you should lie down and drink some water until you fully recover from this pwnage.

Jimmy-you do get a tad excited don't you when somebody disagrees about the merit of one player.
What is pwnage?
I do know what the leagues are-there are Dis 1 and 2 where players run about a lot and don't do much else-The Chamioship is slightly different but not much.
The "not going to matches" bit was tongue-in cheek as I missed jus two games last season,away at Middlesborough and Villa.

Whn you grow up a bit and see some more football you might understand some more about our game and come to realise that people have varying opinions that you might not agree with but should. respect all the same.
Just because Coppell praises up Hunt doesn't mean that we all have to love the boy to bits and remember that Coppell and Pardew both gave Bas Savage a game.

Expressions like "deeply retarded" and "Holy Christ" do you no favours when talking about such a relatively unimportant thing as how well or badly a little bloke plays football.
Back to school next week?
If you work hard you might scrape a GCSE in English.

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 02 Jan 2008 17:55

Victor Meldrew
JimmytheJim holy christ, what the living hell are you on about, meldrew? you make no sense. your opinion is that he is overrated. we get that. you don't go to games very often, we get that too. you don't understand how to argue and you spout nonsense. we all get that.

yes. he said as much.

Jimmy-you do get a tad excited don't you when somebody disagrees about the merit of one player.
What is pwnage?
I do know what the leagues are-there are Dis 1 and 2 where players run about a lot and don't do much else-The Chamioship is slightly different but not much.
The "not going to matches" bit was tongue-in cheek as I missed jus two games last season,away at Middlesborough and Villa.

Whn you grow up a bit and see some more football you might understand some more about our game and come to realise that people have varying opinions that you might not agree with but should. respect all the same.
Just because Coppell praises up Hunt doesn't mean that we all have to love the boy to bits and remember that Coppell and Pardew both gave Bas Savage a game.

Expressions like "deeply retarded" and "Holy Christ" do you no favours when talking about such a relatively unimportant thing as how well or badly a little bloke plays football.

League 1 and League 2 :wink:

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 02 Jan 2008 18:52

Rawlie19
Victor Meldrew

yes. he said as much.

What is pwnage?

League 1 and League 2 :wink:

Just wait and see if I catch you not referring to it as Barclays Premier League or Blue Square Conference. :wink:
J the J would probably see it as a hanging offence at the very least.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 02 Jan 2008 20:52

Victor Meldrew Just because Coppell praises up Hunt doesn't mean that we all have to love the boy to bits and remember that Coppell and Pardew both gave Bas Savage a game.

- Bas Savage was always a bit part player - not a regular first teamer like Hunt. As ever you can't separate your opinion from the fact. Notwithstanding that, check out the posts and you'l see that J the J actually concedes that Hunt is not a demi-god, or that he walks on water, or that everyone has to 'love him'; simply that he is not as crap as you claim he is.

- check out Jimmy's location, he is at Warwick University. Hardly doing GCSEs then is he? Being at that Uni the likelihood is that he has a string of A Grades at A level.

Xavier Onassis

by Xavier Onassis » 02 Jan 2008 20:54

West Stand Man - check out Jimmy's location, he is at Warwick University. Hardly doing GCSEs then is he? Being at that Uni the likelihood is that he has a string of A Grades at A level.
At Wawrick?! Times have changed.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 02 Jan 2008 20:57

Xavier Onassis
West Stand Man - check out Jimmy's location, he is at Warwick University. Hardly doing GCSEs then is he? Being at that Uni the likelihood is that he has a string of A Grades at A level.
At Wawrick?! Times have changed.

Edukayshun aint what it was,the boy is hardly literate.

258 posts