Arab takeover interest reported on tribalfootball.com

451 posts
Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

Re: Arab takeover interest reported on tribalfootball.com

by Row Z Royal » 14 Sep 2009 15:53

winchester_royal Talks are ongoing at the moment, and could/should be completed by January.

Just after the transfer window, no doubt.

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Reading taken over by Arabs

by Focher » 14 Sep 2009 15:54

RobRoyal
Focher
RobRoyal As soon as the shady foreigners come into view, it's suddenly good old John,

Racist.

Either you don't understand irony or you're not willing to engage the argument - either way it's pretty disappointing.

Ok lets engage into the argument.

How does "nightmare scenario for any self respecting FOOTBALL CLUB" constitute racism?

Alivey

by Alivey » 14 Sep 2009 15:57

LoyalRoyalFan
Alivey I can't wait for the deal to go through, we need to get rid of JM and his horrible risks he has put the club through... as for foreign ownersships going wrong???? Look at all the domestic ones going WRONG. Every week more and more clubs FOLD. Can't blame thE ARABS for EVERYTHING.

Horrible risks? The man saved our club from extinction.

WTF? LOL

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 14 Sep 2009 15:58

Alivey
LoyalRoyalFan
Alivey I can't wait for the deal to go through, we need to get rid of JM and his horrible risks he has put the club through... as for foreign ownersships going wrong???? Look at all the domestic ones going WRONG. Every week more and more clubs FOLD. Can't blame thE ARABS for EVERYTHING.

Horrible risks? The man saved our club from extinction.

WTF? LOL

Plus, he took us into the Premier League. He might of made some terrible decisions in the last 2 years, but he still saved this club.

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 14 Sep 2009 16:00

LoyalRoyalFan

Plus, he took us into the Premier League. He might of made some terrible decisions in the last 2 years, but he still saved this club.

:P :lol:
Last edited by Focher on 14 Sep 2009 16:02, edited 1 time in total.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 14 Sep 2009 16:01

Stop it please LoyalRoyalFan.

Folk here are wondering what I'm laughing at.

Alivey

by Alivey » 14 Sep 2009 16:02

Madejski took a massive risk with the Madejski stadium, we could have easily ended up as darlington right now or worse.

test icicles

by test icicles » 14 Sep 2009 16:02

Ian Herring You ‘newbies’ can deride some of us ‘dinosaurs’ all you like. But age-wise, you have grown up in a society where you may have spent most of your formative years in front of a screen, or ‘cuddling’ each other in the street, wearing toddler-style clothing and thinking that ‘branding’ is something integral to sport. Or you have watched much of your games from the floor in bars, looking up at a screen again. Occasionally you will come to games, and ‘participate’, if you can. Waving your arms up and down to Tom Hark, holding up your pieces of plastic, sucking it all up as good consumers.

Then you will spout the ‘racist’ card , if someone dares to say something along the line of ‘I’d rather Reading were relegated than be owned by Arabs’. A semantic jumped upon because that is what has made football, and seemingly England, these days, the anaesthetised and PC-obsessed shell it has become today.

What would be wonderful would be if you could be taken back in time for a week, to a time when the sport ‘belonged’ to us, the fans. Yes, it was occasionally violent, and dirty, and people swore. But it belonged to its towns and cities, and places and regions. Now? Small enclaves these days. Dying out. Soon to be gone. But that meant something, to many people.

The question remains, what on earth do ‘Arabs’ have to do with Reading Football Club? Nothing, in old terms. In the modern, whored-out plate of spineless, anodyne shite this sport has become, fully-marketed and segmented up into its various revenue streams and outlets. Probably, everything.

But don’t pull the race card on older fans who have seen the sport in its other form, and who probably have seen and experienced more ‘racism’ than you’ve ever seen and will do in your bedroom-cossetted, sports-bar punctuated lives.

I agree with some of your post, however this section is frankly rubbish. Blaming a mindset on age, I can't agree with.

I am a younger fan who has been lucky enough to only see Reading go up over the years (first game was pants day- I was mascot. Hooked ever since.) and that is something I know will change, and you could argue has already started to. Although, I do understand that these are still some of the greatest ever days as Reading fans, and have found myself very lucky. But just becuase I am younger than others, doesn't mean I am a worse fan, or person for that matter than you are, which to be honest you seem to be suggesting.

Yes, I have watched a football match in a bar/pub, I imagine you have once or twice aswell. Yes I do spend a bit of care picking out what clothes I buy, I imagine you do to. And yes every now and again, as a childish joke someone will accuse someone else as being a racist. The key word in that sentence being: joke. And whilst what RobRoyal said wasn't a joke, doesn't mean every time someone my age says it, they mean it seriously. It is infact a mockery of todays 'Politically Correct' society which we are fully aware of. But just because some younger fans may choose to dance and sing to Tom Hark (which I find incredibly embarrasing and hate by the way) doesn't mean they are a worse fan than you. They pay the same as you do, and therefore can do as they please at the game. I realise I have entered a different debate here, but frankly this ageist bullsh!t is bloody annoying.

It Is What It Is

Re: Reading taken over by Arabs

by It Is What It Is » 14 Sep 2009 16:39

Ryn Will it mean our Stadium is renamed the 'Sheikh Bin Faisal Aktar Mohammed Stadium' instead?

Will people actually pronounce it correctly?

:D

Thats got a ring to it tbh.... SHEIKH BIN FAISAL AKTAR MOHAMMEDS BARMY ARMY dum dum dum dumm :mrgreen: & then the Rogers verse, and then that verse...

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 14 Sep 2009 16:46

one SHEIKH BIN FAISAL AKTAR MOHAMMED
theres only one SHEIKH BIN FAISAL AKTAR MOHAMMED

SHEIKH BIN FAISAL AKTAR MOHAMMED's magic
he wears a magic kaftan
and when madjeski said can you afford to buy my club
he said of course i can

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 14 Sep 2009 17:02

brendywendy one SHEIKH BIN FAISAL AKTAR MOHAMMED
theres only one SHEIKH BIN FAISAL AKTAR MOHAMMED

SHEIKH BIN FAISAL AKTAR MOHAMMED's magic
he wears a magic kaftan
and when madjeski said can you afford to buy my club
he said of course i can

And do think of all the years I've spent arguing that weed has no long term ill effects....

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 14 Sep 2009 17:04

I'm looking forward to the new Chairman's name on the back of a shirt at the grand unveiling.

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 14 Sep 2009 17:10

Jeeez, not really sure where I stand on this..... apart from the ignorant, shallow, ill informed or just idiotic Arab stereotyping that really gets on my wick.

I like supporting "little old Reading." Yup, the Primmadonnaship was fun - at least for one season - but I sort of miss the rollercoaster of life between the Chumpionship and League 2. The, two coin a well worn word from the past couple of months, 'cycle' of ups and downs.

Working this week from Abu Dhabi and seeing how every dishdash within 30 miles has suddenly dropped supporting Barcelona, Arsenal, Liverpool and Inter Milan in favour of Citeh really does put any "plastic" comments in to perspective.

The club needs investment beyond the Mad Man's means if it is to 'progress' but it would take huge - several hundred million - to 'progress' in any meaningful way. I don't want to scrub around the lower half of the Prem. I'd much prefer Carlisle away on a Tuesday night.

Can't the Mad Man just stay - we can all be content with the under investment, cutting the coat according to te cloth, be surprised when we can manufacture a team like the 106 and whinge relentlessly when we don't?

zummerset

by zummerset » 14 Sep 2009 17:19

Great news..another evolutionary step for our club. Dinosaurs died out because they failed to evolve or maybe a comet strike but who cares. I don't want to watch some really mediocre football at a cold windy Elm Park. JM turned us from Neaderthals to Homo Erectus - the Arab money could make us space hopping super beings. Bring on change, set your faces again the flat earthers, nay sayers and those wistfull for the bygone years of football (hooligans, flat caps, crushing on terraces, baggy shorts, balls with shoelaces holding them together). We are happy Mr Al -Moneybags that you are here to take on the mantle that our esteemed Mad Notmuchmoneybags has so willingly thrust aside.

Shemags for every supporter and flying carpets at half time.

Alivey

by Alivey » 14 Sep 2009 17:22

Considering how we constantly love pushing our foreigners out of the club (Oster, Seol, Sodje, Kebe, Hunt, Lita, etc) it's no surprise people are out with some utterly cringeworthy anti muslim hate speech.

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 14 Sep 2009 17:23

When I first read the title of this I thought that theclub was being taken over by a Dundee Utd Fan :o

Acording to BBC Radio Berks the club are also speaking to an American Consortium.

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 14 Sep 2009 17:24

Alivey Considering how we constantly love pushing our foreigners out of the club (Oster, Seol, Sodje, Kebe, Hunt, Lita, etc) it's no surprise people are out with some utterly cringeworthy anti muslim hate speech.

Er, Oster and Lita aren't exactly foreigners.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 14 Sep 2009 18:17

I'm sure, if we as a club turn out like Chelsea, we'd all go and support other teams.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 Sep 2009 18:32

If SJM is willing to sell, the chances are good that he is confident they aren't a dodgy bunch of feckers out to asset strip us and will actually be in the club's best interests.

I'd be worried about whether they demand instant success and sack managers at the drop of a hat and interfere. I also don't like all this foreign billionaires plaything that is IMO ruining football even more.

But if SJM signs, I trust him.

adamh4608

by adamh4608 » 14 Sep 2009 19:15

[quote="Ian Royal"]If SJM is willing to sell, the chances are good that he is confident they aren't a dodgy bunch of feckers out to asset strip us and will actually be in the club's best interests.

no thats aready been done

451 posts