RUMOUR- Clayton Donaldson

171 posts
Tommio

Re: RUMOUR- Clayton Donaldson

by Tommio » 14 Jul 2015 16:46

According to talk sport a bid worth up to £2m rejected. I assume that'll be our final bid.

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 14 Jul 2015 17:00

Fcuking hell we should have stopped 3 bids ago

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 15 Jul 2015 09:17

This is madness!

Coppelled_Streets

by Coppelled_Streets » 15 Jul 2015 10:12

A deal up to £2m will include a fair chunk being based on promotion, so even if it was £1.5m, that would most likely be spread too, that's not bad in this mental day and age for a striker with his record. You don't get much for that these days!

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 15 Jul 2015 10:41

Coppelled_Streets A deal up to £2m will include a fair chunk being based on promotion, so even if it was £1.5m, that would most likely be spread too, that's not bad in this mental day and age for a striker with his record. You don't get much for that these days!

I think Clarke has looked at the top goalscorer charts for the Champ last season and picked the highest goalscorer who'd be interested. I'd rather give up on Beric and Donaldson and splash out on Jordan Rhodes to be honest.

Tommio

by Tommio » 15 Jul 2015 11:02

John Smith
Coppelled_Streets A deal up to £2m will include a fair chunk being based on promotion, so even if it was £1.5m, that would most likely be spread too, that's not bad in this mental day and age for a striker with his record. You don't get much for that these days!

I think Clarke has looked at the top goalscorer charts for the Champ last season and picked the highest goalscorer who'd be interested. I'd rather give up on Beric and Donaldson and splash out on Jordan Rhodes to be honest.

He'd cost at least £10million?

Tommio

by Tommio » 15 Jul 2015 11:03

Yeah, they'd probably accept £2m upfront

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 15 Jul 2015 11:04

Tommio
John Smith

...and wouldn't come here

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 15 Jul 2015 12:12

Coppelled_Streets A deal up to £2m will include a fair chunk being based on promotion

you have literally no idea if that is true or not. You are just saying words and hoping someone responds.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 15 Jul 2015 12:32

Winston Smith
Coppelled_Streets A deal up to £2m will include a fair chunk being based on promotion

you have literally no idea if that is true or not. You are just saying words and hoping someone responds.

Latest offer has gone in. we've added a lottery ticket for each week of his contract. Not sure if it's lucky dip or based on squad numbers or something.
With potential roll overs that makes it potentially a record fee.
Watch this space.....

Coppelled_Streets

by Coppelled_Streets » 15 Jul 2015 12:38

Winston Smith

Actually Charles Watts' words. He said ourselves and Ipswich offered a deal structured to £2m. Of course it's only speculation some being based on promotion, but it's often the case; sometimes more if you stay up etc.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 15 Jul 2015 13:07

Tommio
John Smith

And is allegedly on upwards of £25,000 a week.

You really have to :roll: :roll: at anyone thinking the sums add up on that one.

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 15 Jul 2015 13:30

Coppelled_Streets
Winston Smith

Actually Charles Watts' words. He said ourselves and Ipswich offered a deal structured to £2m. Of course it's only speculation some being based on promotion, but it's often the case; sometimes more if you stay up etc.

'a deal structured to £2M' doesnt have to mean 'a fair chunk being based on promotion'.

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 15 Jul 2015 13:36

Coppelled_Streets hamburgers, Tuesdays, President Ngo Dinh Diem, blancmange, fluffy clouds, faulty carburettors, discharge, a slow walk on a long hot summers day, the battle of Gettysburg, tapioca

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 15 Jul 2015 13:44

Winston Smith
Coppelled_Streets
Winston Smith

'a deal structured to £2M' doesnt have to mean 'a fair chunk being based on promotion'.

but certainly does mean it will not be 2 million up front

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 15 Jul 2015 13:44

Correctamundo

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 16 Jul 2015 00:15

Let's put this into context, £2m is more than the deal mooted for Glenn Murray.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 16 Jul 2015 01:16

Eesh, hadn't thought of it like that. I'd certainly rather have Murray.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 16 Jul 2015 17:39

Tommio He'd cost at least £10million?

Rubbish. If he was worth that they'd have cashed in a long time ago.

Tommio

by Tommio » 16 Jul 2015 17:45

John Smith
Tommio He'd cost at least £10million?

Rubbish. If he was worth that they'd have cashed in a long time ago.

They'd signed him for £7m, he's scored plenty of goals in this league since they signed him so his price would've gone up. Tell me how that's rubbish?

171 posts