RUMOUR - Little in talks with Coventry

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: RUMOUR - Little in talks with Coventry

by Stranded » 11 Jun 2008 08:49

Royalwaster Can't see anything in EP on Little. Link please? What deal?

It's within the story of Duberry signing his new deal.

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Little in talks with Coventry

by rfcjoe » 11 Jun 2008 09:01

Ralphy_81 LOL @ Piss off
LOL @ reason we went down

You mad, but you were right, you do know more about football than me.

lol at nine posts?
:wink:

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 11 Jun 2008 09:19

howser I would not be totally surprised if Little left as I dont see the club doing a lot to keep various players, Shorey, Harper, Hunt, Kitson, Doyle and Marek could all be moved on before next season and dont be surprised if they are replaced by the acedamy starlets mainly because they meet the main criteria for Reading...................... Cheap !! and they wont run the risk of getting us promoted to that awfully expensive Premiership.

They have offered Little a new contract though, which implies they are doing something for him.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 11 Jun 2008 09:24

Sarah Star
howser I would not be totally surprised if Little left as I dont see the club doing a lot to keep various players, Shorey, Harper, Hunt, Kitson, Doyle and Marek could all be moved on before next season and dont be surprised if they are replaced by the acedamy starlets mainly because they meet the main criteria for Reading...................... Cheap !! and they wont run the risk of getting us promoted to that awfully expensive Premiership.

They have offered Little a new contract though, which implies they are doing something for him.

Its allegedly just 1 year, which is fair

If you were guaranteed two years in your job at a possibly higher wage in what could easily be your last years' earning it could sway you.

Like (but not like) Sidwell he does have a family to feed.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 11 Jun 2008 09:41

Is there a decent Ladbrokes in Coventry?

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 11 Jun 2008 10:23

Agent talk again.

Just trying to get himself more money.

YateleyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Either screwing or working, so the grind don't stop

by YateleyRoyal » 11 Jun 2008 11:12

Uke
YateleyRoyal Wikipedia that most reliable source claims he signed a new deal on May 19th

No it doesn't

Alright, it doesnt anymore, but it did

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 11 Jun 2008 11:54

I've heard decent rumours today about Chris Coleman leaving Coventry for Blackburn so could quash any move for Little.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 11 Jun 2008 13:19

YateleyRoyal
Uke
YateleyRoyal Wikipedia that most reliable source claims he signed a new deal on May 19th

No it doesn't

Alright, it doesnt anymore, but it did

:wink:

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 11 Jun 2008 13:42

Stranded I've heard decent rumours today about Chris Coleman leaving Coventry for Blackburn so could quash any move for Little.

LOL@ Blackburn...

YateleyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by YateleyRoyal » 11 Jun 2008 15:50

I'd rather have Chris Coleman than Sam "Yes I Ate All The Pies, What of It?" Allardyce

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 11 Jun 2008 15:55

I very much doubt that he will want to go there tbh.

YateleyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by YateleyRoyal » 11 Jun 2008 15:59

Who, Coleman or Allardyce?

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 11 Jun 2008 19:28

That Friday Feeling Is there a decent Ladbrokes in Coventry?

Players often move for non-footballing reasons such as money.
Steve Claridge had to keep on moving so that new signing-on fees could provide new punting readies.

bottom left hand corner

by bottom left hand corner » 14 Jun 2008 21:52

No link what so ever says Little. Just saw him today at the Eldon Celtic tournement. I asked him what is the future for you then. He replied well as far as I know im staying here until I have heard I am not wanted.

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 16 Jun 2008 13:57

bottom left hand corner No link what so ever says Little. Just saw him today at the Eldon Celtic tournement. I asked him what is the future for you then. He replied well as far as I know im staying here until I have heard I am not wanted.

Did you ask him whether he signed the contract he was offered last month? If so, it would end all speculation. If you didn't ask - opportunity missed!

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 16 Jun 2008 14:59

Hey, that's just life as a Reading fan. You must be used to it by now. Little will join the constant flood of our best players who have been pouring out the door year in year out. Sidwell.... um... sidwell...

...Oster...

bottom left hand corner

by bottom left hand corner » 16 Jun 2008 17:19

CMRoyal
bottom left hand corner No link what so ever says Little. Just saw him today at the Eldon Celtic tournement. I asked him what is the future for you then. He replied well as far as I know im staying here until I have heard I am not wanted.

Did you ask him whether he signed the contract he was offered last month? If so, it would end all speculation. If you didn't ask - opportunity missed!

Well I said what is the future for you and he said well we are sorting things out next week but all I hope is I am staying here for as long as I can.

So It sounds all good to me.

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 16 Jun 2008 19:26

[quote="Arch"][quote="howser"]I would not be totally surprised if Little left as I dont see the club doing a lot to keep various players, Shorey, Harper, Hunt, Kitson, Doyle and Marek could all be moved on before next season and dont be surprised if they are replaced by the acedamy starlets mainly because they meet the main criteria for Reading...................... Cheap !! and they wont run the risk of getting us promoted to that awfully expensive Premiership.[/quote]
Hey, that's just life as a Reading fan. You must be used to it by now. Little will join the constant flood of our best players who have been pouring out the door year in year out. Sidwell.... um... sidwell...

...Oster...[/quote]

It isnt suggested that we always "flood" our best players out of the club, the point I was making is that from comments made by the owner that Reading will be "comfortable" in the championship for a while tends to give me the impression that any though of trying to hang on to the better players, to front a promotion push is a non starter as purly the finance required to play in the top league has frightened the life out of messrs Madejski, Howe and Hammond........this isnt meant as a critisism but when we were needing new players in our time of need last season nothing was done...........to go into the top league again, and stay there, will require one of Mr Madejski's rich billionaires who is looking for a, to qoute Mr Mad, "Fashion accessory of a premiership football club"

Roger the Rabbit

by Roger the Rabbit » 16 Jun 2008 19:34

Other comments support the notion that we do intend to hang on the players, that we'll strengthen and that the aim is to return to the Prem.

Pessimists select the quotes they want to read, optimists do likewise.

I'm comfortable with a couple of seasons in the Championship, I don;t expect JM to pour millions into seeking an immediate return. I'd be happy doing it the way we did last time.