QPR have bid turned down for McAnuff......

216 posts
Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

Re: QPR have bid turned down for McAnuff......

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 24 Aug 2010 17:50

brendywendy
Which is what we are likely to be looking at when Kebe goes back to France. Gylfi gets his deserved big move. Mills gets frustrated, and asks for a move. Long gets shipped out to save money, and, Ladies and gentlemen, there you have a League 1 team.

If that's where we are for the forseable future then so be it, but personally I hope we're aiming a little higher than those levels of quality.

some of these things may happen, probably next season if we dont go up, but theyve not happened yet, so just wait before venting you spleens about them happening till after theyve happened..

and people were saying the same when curle left, when shaka left, forster left, cureton and butler left, sidwell left, shorey left, kitson left, etc
we survived, and in fact did rather well out of all of those deals, so lets just take it on past evidence rather than made up random worries you have

LOL at losing long being a massive worry

You do remember what happened when Sidwell left? We ended up where we are now. That's what happens when you lose good players and dont/cant replace them.

As for these things might not happen? They will happen, we all know that.

It's hard not to be negative, but when you see people sticking their head in the sand, you know what is coming, cause it has happened before.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 24 Aug 2010 18:19

brendywendy not if you switch to 442- then sig covers mcanuffs position,kebe stays where he is, and HRK and antonio are still back up players.
and as good as he is, and as much as i like him, i tghink we can lose macanuff without a massive impact on our offensive play, and th emoney in would enable us to compete better at the back.
im not even saying it should happen- just that if we need to sell then id lose jobi over our other attacking players

But we're talking about losing a player and it weakening us and our options. In the current world we have choice:

1) 4-5-1 with McAnuff - Sig - Kebe
2) 4-4-2 with Sig - Kebe on the wings
3) bringing in one of the sub-standard backup players

If we sell any of McAnuff, Sigurdsson or Kebe we go from have the 3 options above to only have options 2 and 3. As highly as you might rate our backup players or centre forwards, it weakens us letting any of our starting XI go.

under the tin

by under the tin » 24 Aug 2010 19:21

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe You do remember what happened when Sidwell left? We ended up where we are now. That's what happens when you lose good players and dont/cant replace them.

It's hard not to be negative, but when you see people sticking their head in the sand, you know what is coming, cause it has happened before.

Sir, if I were the queen, you would get a knighthood for "services to stating the obvious"
Sadly, I'm not the queen, and unfortunately, there are those who cannot see the obvious, either because their heads are in the sand, or up Madejski's @rse.

under the tin

by under the tin » 24 Aug 2010 19:22

Hoop Blah As highly as you might rate our backup players or centre forwards, it weakens us letting any of our starting XI go.

I second the motion.

URZZ
Hob Nob Regular

by URZZ » 24 Aug 2010 19:50

Davyc I wouldnt agree with thats! i can see us remaining as a midtable chamionship side for a number of years until the financial situation gets better. yes it is tough and will be tough for a number of seasons for them but there is a good number of youth players that will be bale to hold theree own in the championship.

When we lose Gylfi, Jobi and Kebe... get back to me.

Cummings, Kelly and whatnot are NOT mid table Championship players.

Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 24 Aug 2010 20:06

under the tin
Smoking Kills Dancing Doe You do remember what happened when Sidwell left? We ended up where we are now. That's what happens when you lose good players and dont/cant replace them.

Sir, if I were the queen, you would get a knighthood for "services to stating the obvious"
Sadly, I'm not the queen, and unfortunately, there are those who cannot see the obvious, either because their heads are in the sand, or up Madejski's @rse.

The worse thing I've been saying this for 4 years. It's not just about JM, it's the whole make do attitude that seems to have crept into our fans since the beginning of the end for Coppell.

Nthe argument is the same, the bench Mark just keeps being set lower and lower. Ignoring the problems won't make them go away. It never has.

Nits the exact same argument as when Sid left. People saying we'd be fine, Bryn was a better player, Cisse or Fae would be great.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 25 Aug 2010 09:53

i think youll find its just a case of two different personality types.

one type, tries to think positive, and be optimistic
the other type runs around screaming"the sky is falling in"
the liklihood is somewhere in the middle will be true

under the tin

by under the tin » 25 Aug 2010 10:17

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe The worse thing I've been saying this for 4 years. It's not just about JM, it's the whole make do attitude that seems to have crept into our fans since the beginning of the end for Coppell.

Nthe argument is the same, the bench Mark just keeps being set lower and lower.
Ignoring the problems won't make them go away. It never has.

Nits the exact same argument as when Sid left. People saying we'd be fine, Bryn was a better player, Cisse or Fae would be great.

100% agree.
Some on here seem to assume that any criticism is meant with malice.
I am one who thinks about things in the longer term. Whilst protecting the long term future of the club by maintaining strict controls over staffing levels and wages is vital, it seems to me that some do not consider that there are other ways that the club could go under.
When JM took over the club he was moaning (with full justification) about writing out £20 000 cheques every week, just to keep the club going, and has vowed never to go back to that situation again.
A football club, just bubbling under the top in the championship is, IMHO, a viable business model, where the club's profile is high enough to generate workable merchandising, corporate and ticket sales. Because of the club's status, we remain in a position to attract young prospects to the academy. Remember, years ago, most of the best local young talent was hoovered up by Palace, or Southampton, who were playing at a higher level.
Last night was a bit of a snapshot of how the future could be. A 3/4 empty stadium.
If we keep meekly accepting lower standards, how long will it be before that becomes the norm?
How long will it be before JM has to make a decision as to whether to start writing those weekly cheques out again?

Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 25 Aug 2010 11:29

JM cant afford any weekly cheaques any more. Thats the key to the problem, he was in the past, despite what some say, Reading's golden ticket, he provided the outside investment that allowed the club 1st to get to this level and then push on to the Prem.

We can't do that now, so where do we go?

retro royal

by retro royal » 25 Aug 2010 18:51

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe JM cant afford any weekly cheaques any more. Thats the key to the problem, he was in the past, despite what some say, Reading's golden ticket, he provided the outside investment that allowed the club 1st to get to this level and then push on to the Prem.

We can't do that now, so where do we go?

Bloody get rid off the big players and start again, take the last money he can, and we thank him for the infrastructure he's built and for saving RFC, I'm not happy but he has been great for RFC but is just mixing RFC with other failing businesses

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 26 Aug 2010 11:09

I have the solution to the problem.......

Why don't all the fans invest £1000 a month into the club for transfer fees and player wages. That would push us up the table.

Then we can sign Zurab, Bertrand in January and a top draw striker and we'll be well on our way!

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 26 Aug 2010 12:17

In!

(Anyone got £1000 a month to give me?)

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 26 Aug 2010 12:19

Top Flight I have the solution to the problem.......

Why don't all the fans invest £1000 a month into the club for transfer fees and player wages. That would push us up the table.

Then we can sign Zurab, Bertrand in January and a top draw striker and we'll be well on our way!

Good luck getting that off the ground

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 26 Aug 2010 16:27

Doesn't seem to be anyone stepping forward.

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 26 Aug 2010 16:33

you arent John Madejski are you? :shock:

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 26 Aug 2010 16:42

DOYLERSAROYALER

you arent John Madejski are you? :shock:

Is that Nick?

Hammy? you alright?

216 posts