Potential New Owners

939 posts
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Potential New Owners

by Sutekh » 13 Sep 2023 07:18

Stranded
Orion1871
Stranded So if it was 777, who were interested, and I don't believe it was - then they won't be now as they are close to taking over Everton.

Well the owners of Reading and Everton have close relationships with a certain Super Agent, so wouldn't rule it out that 777 had some interest in us as well and Kia got them Everton instead.

Not sure you fan own 2 clubs, of ve invested in 2 in England. Major issues if we end up in the same division.

Robert Maxwell had financial interests in several clubs at the same time in the 80s but owned only one of them. However, presume the FA/PL/FL would have changed the rules on that since then.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 13 Sep 2023 08:04

Sutekh
Stranded
Orion1871
Well the owners of Reading and Everton have close relationships with a certain Super Agent, so wouldn't rule it out that 777 had some interest in us as well and Kia got them Everton instead.

Not sure you fan own 2 clubs, of ve invested in 2 in England. Major issues if we end up in the same division.

Robert Maxwell had financial interests in several clubs at the same time in the 80s but owned only one of them. However, presume the FA/PL/FL would have changed the rules on that since then.

One of the few tenants of the owners and directors test is that a perspective owner/investor has to declare that:

I am not either directly or indirectly involved in or have the power to determine or influence the management
or administration of another Football Club (including the direct or indirect holding of a Significant Interest in
that Football Club) against which the Club may play fixtures in any Competition sanctioned by The Association
and acknowledge that The Association may exercise its absolute discretion in the application of this
Disqualifying Condition to protect the integrity of the game based on any involvement that I may have in more
than one club given the position of those clubs in the game;

So the short answer is if 777 complete investment in Everton they cannot invest at all in us.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 13 Sep 2023 14:39

Another rumour floating around is that the owners of AC Milan have shown some interest.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 13 Sep 2023 20:08

South Coast Royal Another rumour floating around is that the owners of AC Milan have shown some interest.

Anyone know which 12 year old came up with that one?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 13 Sep 2023 22:04

Sutekh
South Coast Royal Another rumour floating around is that the owners of AC Milan have shown some interest.

:D really SCR,, why would you post that, everybody knows it`s the owners of PSG.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 14 Sep 2023 09:57

Sutekh

Actually it was a 52 year old that I know quite well.

BTW I never put out rumours unless I feel there might be some substance-in our position we do desperately need new owners unless you haven't noticed that we are slipping slowly towards obscurity so any rumour at least gives us a bit of hope at a time when hope is just about all we have got.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 14 Sep 2023 10:06

South Coast Royal
Sutekh

BTW I never put out rumours unless I feel there might be some substance-in our position we do desperately need new owners unless you haven't noticed that we are slipping slowly towards obscurity so any rumour at least gives us a bit of hope at a time when hope is just about all we have got.

Red Bird (or the head there off) have certainly been around the club. There was/is a second group around as well (not 777) but also with an American background.

Something/nothing may come of it but there are/were talks.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 14 Sep 2023 10:08

South Coast Royal
Sutekh

interesting, however, as per strandeds quote a couple up from yours similar to 777 AC Milan are owned by and investment company RedBird Capital Partners who have minority stakes in Liverpool and man city to name but a few. So i would suggest this rumour is also dead in the water

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 14 Sep 2023 10:12

Stranded
South Coast Royal
Sutekh

Red Bird (or the head there off) have certainly been around the club. There was/is a second group around as well (not 777) but also with an American background.

Something/nothing may come of it but there are/were talks.

No stranded we must have been listening to the same 12 year old (according to Sutekh).

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 14 Sep 2023 10:21

Brogue
South Coast Royal
Sutekh

interesting, however, as per strandeds quote a couple up from yours similar to 777 AC Milan are owned by and investment company RedBird Capital Partners who have minority stakes in Liverpool and man city to name but a few. So i would suggest this rumour is also dead in the water

They technically have a stake in FSG, not Liverpool and not aware of any Man City link but if they do then it clearly isn't considered to be a breach of the FA rule I posted earlier.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 14 Sep 2023 10:37

That and the rumour is complete and utter rubbish.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 14 Sep 2023 10:54

Anybody willing to be a minority partner with Dai has more money than sense and will most likely be a similarly bad owner. Dai is basically asking them to put in the funding to bankroll his attempt to claw back the poor investment he's pissed away, all after he has publicly demonstrated to be utterly untrustworthy.

I still maintain that the club is an attractive proposition if up for sale, but this minority investment route seems like a delusion.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 14 Sep 2023 11:06

NathStPaul That and the rumour is complete and utter rubbish.

Probably is but am aware multiple people have been told become aware of it. Fully expect nothing to come of it and the club to more likely fall in to admin at some point this side of Xmas.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 14 Sep 2023 11:56

Stranded

Probably is but am aware multiple people have been told become aware of it. Fully expect nothing to come of it and the club to more likely fall in to admin at some point this side of Xmas.

I don't really understand why anybody would categorically say that a rumour is rubbish.

Fans like you and me like to share any info that we get with fellow nobbers because surely that is one of the reasons for having a website like this.
Also, like me, you are mature enough not to be posting for any "look at me" reasons that seem to be the case with some of our other rather immature types such as OMA and others.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 14 Sep 2023 11:59

South Coast Royal
Stranded

I don't really understand why anybody would categorically say that a rumour is rubbish.

Fans like you and me like to share any info that we get with fellow nobbers because surely that is one of the reasons for having a website like this.
Also, like me, you are mature enough not to be posting for any "look at me" reasons that seem to be the case with some of our other rather immature types such as OMA and others.

Oh I wasn't shooting the messenger (you) I was rubbishing the rumour itself. Mainly because it is rubbish.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 14 Sep 2023 12:02

NathStPaul
South Coast Royal
Stranded

Oh I wasn't shooting the messenger (you) I was rubbishing the rumour itself. Mainly because it is rubbish.

Fair enough.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 14 Sep 2023 12:35

WestYorksRoyal Anybody willing to be a minority partner with Dai has more money than sense and will most likely be a similarly bad owner. Dai is basically asking them to put in the funding to bankroll his attempt to claw back the poor investment he's pissed away, all after he has publicly demonstrated to be utterly untrustworthy.

I still maintain that the club is an attractive proposition if up for sale, but this minority investment route seems like a delusion.

A minority investment with a view to a majority investment would make sense. But yes, anyone who wants solely a minority investment to fund Dai's issues would just be throwing money down the drain.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 14 Sep 2023 12:55

YorkshireRoyal99
WestYorksRoyal Anybody willing to be a minority partner with Dai has more money than sense and will most likely be a similarly bad owner. Dai is basically asking them to put in the funding to bankroll his attempt to claw back the poor investment he's pissed away, all after he has publicly demonstrated to be utterly untrustworthy.

A minority investment with a view to a majority investment would make sense. But yes, anyone who wants solely a minority investment to fund Dai's issues would just be throwing money down the drain.

Minority stake with a clause to complete the buyout if we're promoted back to the Championship within 3 or 5 years makes sense - potentially gives Dai more back on his investment if the deal completes on a Championship club.

But the logic stands that any complete sale will result in Dai losing out because the club is worth a fraction of what he's put in, while a minority investment with no route to ownership is a terrible deal for the investor. So the only hope is Dai gives up and tries to recoup what he can. Which could be what's happening - impossible to know.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 Sep 2023 13:44

Anything other than a complete bug out going to be complex isn’t it?

Think the best hope is dai cutting his losses and just taken whatever he can get. He’s the mug who spunked loads of money into the club on shite so only fair he gets punished for it

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 14 Sep 2023 16:07

Ruben Selles on potential new investment:

“I hear there has been some movements but I don’t know how close or far it is. I can’t specify times, dates or any other information.”

https://twitter.com/AndyPreston96/statu ... 3188521271

939 posts