RUMOUR - Harper to Middlesborough

944 posts
Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Speculation - Harper to Middlesborough

by Royalwaster » 02 Jun 2008 08:48

That would really go down well with JH - hey we're not selling you to a Premiership club so we can keep you on the bench in the Championship! Wake up man.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 02 Jun 2008 12:54

sell him for 3-4 mill

Y25

by Y25 » 02 Jun 2008 13:21

and buy the Swansea player

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 02 Jun 2008 18:47

Royalwaster That would really go down well with JH - hey we're not selling you to a Premiership club so we can keep you on the bench in the Championship! Wake up man.

We'll only sell under the right conditions. I personally think Harper is good enough to stay and fight for a first team place. I'm much surer that he's up to championship level than Marek. They may make a good partnership at this level. Either way we'd be insane to sell him given we already need at least one new midfielder, unless the price was very good.

Which to me equals no less than £4m

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 02 Jun 2008 19:10

Y25 and buy the Swansea player

agreed

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 02 Jun 2008 19:52

Harper, you're great! One of our 3 best players of the season.

Now sling your hook so we can buy in that guy from Swansea that no one's heard of before.

chandog

by chandog » 02 Jun 2008 20:25

Sarah Star Harper, you're great! One of our 3 best players of the season.

Now sling your hook so we can buy in that guy from Swansea that no one's heard of before.

Fair play i say

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 03 Jun 2008 00:39

RG30 Harper to Stoke is a rumour I've heard mentioned from 2 seperate sources, both who are well connected to the club.

Heard this as well.

The source i have told me about Southampton's new Dutch manager 3 weeks ago so now this has come true there could be a decent chance of this happening.

Apparantly the two clubs look to have sorted a fee and it now depends on the player.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 03 Jun 2008 09:52

there has been a bid from a club, but not middlesbrough, that was rejected by the club on friday

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 03 Jun 2008 15:41

Harper wont go to Middlesborough. Theres no ASDA there.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 03 Jun 2008 15:47

some rubbish football gossip site says talks with middlesborough are at an advanced stage
will be gutted to lose the crab if he goes

Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

by Scarface » 03 Jun 2008 17:15

UpNorth Yet another of our long standing stars is attracting interest from a Premiership club. Southgate wants Harper and Sidwell apparently.

Harper has been at the heart of the team for so long but a decent offer would surely see him leave. If offered Premiership football I doubt that Coppell would stand in his way assuming we got £2m - £3m for him (is he worth more?).

Time to rebuild around matey boy and an opportunity to bring in a ''box to box' type midfielder like Sidwell.

Fantastic, great rid of him, rebuild and move on.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 03 Jun 2008 17:49

from what i heard on saturday, the club has accepted no bids from anyone. Coppell isn't even abck from holiday yet and he has the final say on who is sold

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 03 Jun 2008 18:26

Sadly it seems he's going... An absolutely fantastic guy and a huge part of our recent success with his superhuman work rate.

Good luck to him and good luck to Coppell who now has to rebuild the central midfield from scratch. :cry:

Nomad_Royal

by Nomad_Royal » 03 Jun 2008 23:03

Scarface
UpNorth Yet another of our long standing stars is attracting interest from a Premiership club. Southgate wants Harper and Sidwell apparently.

Harper has been at the heart of the team for so long but a decent offer would surely see him leave. If offered Premiership football I doubt that Coppell would stand in his way assuming we got £2m - £3m for him (is he worth more?).

Time to rebuild around matey boy and an opportunity to bring in a ''box to box' type midfielder like Sidwell.

Fantastic, great rid of him, rebuild and move on.

Really, that simple is it ?

A player who has consistently given his all for the club, who has shown his premiership quality across two seasons, who scored some vital goals for us and one who will be very difficult to replace and for you all his potential departure generates is "Fantastic, get rid......"

I know Harper sometimes generates mixed emotions here, but the glib talk of getting rid of him and rebuilding around Matejovsky ( who may or may not fulfill early potential) in my opinion underestimates Harpers importance to the team.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Jun 2008 23:15

His reaction after Derby may have indicated he was going. He did sort of stand back from the other players and just watch the crowd.

Maybe taking it all in to remember after he'd gone. Maybe just surprise at the reception. Who knows.

I'd like him to stay, I'd hope we wouldn't sell for under £4m. Lets wait and see.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 04 Jun 2008 01:12

If we got an offer (a decent offer for him) then I'd let him move on, he's been a great servant but imo if Reading are to improve he's one of the people they need to replace.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 04 Jun 2008 06:53

It does somehow feel like the time is right for both parties.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 04 Jun 2008 07:38

Just this once I agree. I have always been a big fans of Harper; but this team needs abit of a shake up and it might just be that he is ready for a change too. I would not be squeezing him out because I don't rate him (I do - he is one of the best passers of the ball that we have seen in a Reading shirt and it is painfully obvious that he is the man that the whole team looks to to get the ball to in a crisis), but because we need a few fresh faces in the squad and maybe a bit of a change in in direction on the pitch.

If the price is right then we should see the club biting the bullet and releasing him for transfer.

Fezza

by Fezza » 04 Jun 2008 08:57

Alan Partridge If we got an offer (a decent offer for him) then I'd let him move on, he's been a great servant but imo if Reading are to improve he's one of the people they need to replace.

Concur

A lightweight player who doesn't tackle, high workrate is great but end product???

Prepares to be shot down by pro Harp brigade!

944 posts