Steven Hunt Sell-On Clause

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Steven Hunt Sell-On Clause

by Thaumagurist* » 21 Jun 2010 17:33

Last edited by Thaumagurist* on 25 Jun 2010 22:02, edited 1 time in total.

Wolfatthedoor

by Wolfatthedoor » 21 Jun 2010 17:34

Thaumagurist* Looking forward to Wolves getting relegated next year.

And, as if by magic, the village idiot appears.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 21 Jun 2010 17:35

Wolfatthedoor

It WILL happen.

He's the new Quashie.

Wolfatthedoor

by Wolfatthedoor » 21 Jun 2010 17:36

Row Z Royal
Wolfatthedoor

It WILL happen.

He's the new Quashie.

Don't mention that name around here again...........

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 21 Jun 2010 17:37

Last edited by Thaumagurist* on 25 Jun 2010 22:02, edited 1 time in total.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Row Z Royal » 21 Jun 2010 17:42

Wolfatthedoor
Row Z Royal
It WILL happen.

He's the new Quashie.

Was he in your last relegated team, perchance?

Wolfatthedoor

by Wolfatthedoor » 21 Jun 2010 17:45

Row Z Royal
Wolfatthedoor
Row Z Royal
It WILL happen.

He's the new Quashie.

Was he in your last relegated team, perchance?

No - we signed him in January in the 2008/9 season that we got promoted (you know the year that you were 'going to be top by Saturday'!!) - but he was garbage and hardly played.

Urinal Mint

by Urinal Mint » 21 Jun 2010 18:40

Wolfatthedoor
Urinal Mint over rated. lots of huff and puff but not enough consistency in his crossing and commitment. goes missing when times get tough. as for wolves - average club i couldn't care less about, shit fans.

Average club - we may be but we are average in the top league.

Shit fans - probably no more, no less than any other club - you are probably referring to the alleged raping and pillaging at the play off game - would you still be going on quite so much about it if you hadn't lost?

the result means little now. my son was spat at and the pensioner in front of me had a bottle of drink, near full thrown at his head when we went one nil up. every club has its idiots, wolves just have a lot more than most.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 21 Jun 2010 19:50

Wolfatthedoor

If you do manage to stay up, it will only be down to your reading produced players

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Stephen Hunt Sell-On Clause

by CMRoyal » 22 Jun 2010 11:04

Oh I don't know, McCarthy seems to be assiduously strengthening the squad, and Hunt will play some part in that despite being overpriced. Just don't expect miracles, Wolfatthedoor - he'll bring energy to the midfield and is handy at set-pieces, but beyond that he's in slow decline, more injury-prone and a yard slower these days. And if you are struggling at Christmas, you might as well get rid because you'll get little out of him in a relegation battle.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 22 Jun 2010 11:06

Impressed that McCarthy managed to sign Hunt despite being over in SA commentating on the world cup 8)

Wolfatthedoor

by Wolfatthedoor » 22 Jun 2010 11:26

CM - so Hunt won't have a stand named after him at the Madjeski then????

The thing Mick is probably looking at are the goals and assists he got for Hull, and their struggle without him - he seems like the kind of player we need to keep motivated or else his performance dips significantly.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Row Z Royal » 22 Jun 2010 11:47

Wolfatthedoor CM - so Hunt won't have a stand named after him at the Madjeski then????

The thing Mick is probably looking at are the goals and assists he got for Hull, and their struggle without him - he seems like the kind of player we need to keep motivated or else his performance dips significantly.

Remember when we signed Seol and you lot said that he was all skillz but no effort? Well Hunt's like that in reverse, but without the effort.

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 22 Jun 2010 11:51

Wolfatthedoor CM - so Hunt won't have a stand named after him at the Madjeski then????

I think you've summarised it very well - the only motivation he needs is for the team to be playing to the level at which he believes he operates (nb, did you hear the one about his departing tantrum when he got dropped for a supposedly weaker player?). Truth to tell, it was extremely hard work that got him to the level he is at, so when that level drops a few percent his limitations are exposed. I'm probably alone amongst Royals in not minding either Wolves or Hunty, so I wish him well. But no, no statues in his honour here - he blotted his copybook from the moment his head was turned.

Doyler's another matter - a legend, a great, a god and loyal to a fault. He'll stay with you for as long as you want to keep him, and never give less than 100% as I'm sure you already appreciate.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 22 Jun 2010 12:02

Good luck Hunty, I hate to side with the Wolves fan on this but LOLz @ everyone still bearing a grudge on here, as ever

Wolfatthedoor

by Wolfatthedoor » 22 Jun 2010 12:04

CMRoyal

I think you've summarised it very well - the only motivation he needs is for the team to be playing to the level at which he believes he operates (nb, did you hear the one about his departing tantrum when he got dropped for a supposedly weaker player?). Truth to tell, it was extremely hard work that got him to the level he is at, so when that level drops a few percent his limitations are exposed. I'm probably alone amongst Royals in not minding either Wolves or Hunty, so I wish him well. But no, no statues in his honour here - he blotted his copybook from the moment his head was turned.

Doyler's another matter - a legend, a great, a god and loyal to a fault. He'll stay with you for as long as you want to keep him, and never give less than 100% as I'm sure you already appreciate.

CM - Doyler was a one-man forward line for us last year and it is no understatement to say he was the difference between staying up and going down - Marcus was also key because Hennessey was just too raw.

As for Wolves, I am glad you take that view - yes, we have some idiots - yes, we have some people who still think wimabigclub - but mostly our fanbase is no better or worse than other clubs.

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 22 Jun 2010 12:28

Lot of talk about the there could be some big bids for Doyle this summer.

Much news up there of that?

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 22 Jun 2010 12:32

Doyler's another matter - a legend, a great, a god and loyal to a fault. He'll stay with you for as long as you want to keep him, and never give less than 100% as I'm sure you already appreciate.[/quote]

I wouldn't go that far CM!!!

If a better offer comes in that gives him the right opportunity then he'll have to consider it.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 22 Jun 2010 12:35

Wolfatthedoor

Post of the Year

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 22 Jun 2010 13:12

Hoop Blah I wouldn't go that far CM!!!

If a better offer comes in that gives him the right opportunity then he'll have to consider it.

I guess what I mean is he won't push for it as soon as the team starts to struggle - he knows he only needs to do his talking on the pitch.