Administration

409 posts
MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Administration

by MmmMonsterMunch » 04 May 2014 12:48

Well it would seem quite mental that we've gone from relatively well run to fcuked after signing what 3-4 players on big contracts?

I would guess only Pog / Drenthe are on silly money. Williams / Guthrie probably relatively expensive but I'd be surprised if they were on bumper deals given their previous status at other clubs.

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 04 May 2014 13:22

Don't forget Pearce and Hal Robson-Kanu were also given new deals last summer, not to mention Federici the summer before who I was told by someone ITK (yeah I know, believe if you want :roll: ...) was on £30k a week while were in the Premier League.

It only takes looking in the back of the programme to see how stupidly inflated our squad has become and while that helped us during the injurypalooza this season, it's nowhere near sustainable going forward.

I'd like to think the club have been working very hard behind the scenes to try and offload players or restructure debts to avoid any such doomsday scenario but we've got to be prepared for the fact that without changes (and quickly) the 'A' word can't be ruled out.

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 04 May 2014 13:27

MmmMonsterMunch Well it would seem quite mental that we've gone from relatively well run to fcuked after signing what 3-4 players on big contracts?

Exactly. The parachutes cover the difference anyway.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 04 May 2014 13:36

I've also heard a rumour that we borrowed this year's ST money upfront from Vibrac.

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 04 May 2014 13:38

How have we been well run recently?

We lost £22m in 2011/12 and £2m in 2012/13..... if we made a loss inside the Premier League I'm not sure how we're suddenly in a position to cover losses now we're outside the Premier League.....

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 04 May 2014 13:48

Wimb How have we been well run recently?

We lost £22m in 2011/12 and £2m in 2012/13..... if we made a loss inside the Premier League I'm not sure how we're suddenly in a position to cover loses now we're outside the Premier League.....

They have the opportunity to cut the wage bill drastically over the Summer, so why do we need to go into administration?

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 04 May 2014 14:15

Cureton's Volley

We lost £22m in 2011/12 and £2m in 2012/13..... if we made a loss inside the Premier League I'm not sure how we're suddenly in a position to cover loses now we're outside the Premier League.....

They have the opportunity to cut the wage bill drastically over the Summer, so why do we need to go into administration?

That's a lot harder than you think - certainly to get it down to where we want it, and for the manager to be able to keep or bring in his replacements. Last summer we did everything we could to move Pogrebnyak on, but no-one would take him. Now we will be doing that and the same for Drenthe, who has another 3 years on his contract!

Not only do we need to shave a significant amount of the wage bill, but we already owe a lot of money that is payable before any deals will be done. Hammond has his work cut out this season, and that's just the selling side of things.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 04 May 2014 14:39

the only person who could put us into administration is Anton, and he'd lose the most if he did if he's the main creditor.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 04 May 2014 14:51

Administration?

Total bollocks.

Drenthe with 3 years left on his contract?

More total bollocks.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 04 May 2014 15:02

Royal Rother Administration?

Total bollocks.

Drenthe with 3 years left on his contract?

More total bollocks.

Adkins said yesterday he has 3 more years left.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 04 May 2014 15:02

Rother - Nigel said yesterday on BBCRB that Drenthe has a 4 year deal.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 04 May 2014 15:04

Well if all these administration ITKers are right, we'll be hearing an announcement by June won't we. If not, I imagine they'll find some excuse why they weren't actually wrong and it'll be by July. Then August. Ad infinitum.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 04 May 2014 15:08

MmmMonsterMunch Rother - Nigel said yesterday on BBCRB that Drenthe has a 4 year deal.

Anton signed Drenthe so hopefully he will take him with him

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 04 May 2014 15:13

Ian Royal Well if all these administration ITKers are right, we'll be hearing an announcement by June won't we. If not, I imagine they'll find some excuse why they weren't actually wrong and it'll be by July. Then August. Ad infinitum.

It wont come to that surely, not yet. The club have a number of big wagers out of contract which gives us a bit of breathing space, and they'll do their best to move Pog and Drenthe on. Others will be in high demand - McCleary, Obita, Gunter, Alf; hopefully HRK and Pearce (sadly, but he is a high earner now). The threat of administration for me, will come if we can't shift enough of the high earners, and if we can't secure new ownership soon. Either way, I don't think we have much to look forward to next season. A season of struggle unless the free's and kids can over perform.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 04 May 2014 15:19

This sort of scenario would galvanise the club & fans I think though Sparta. We would be a lot more supportive with the up & coming players.

It's well needed as the fans have felt more detached from the club than ever - well I certainly have.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 04 May 2014 15:26

MmmMonsterMunch This sort of scenario would galvanise the club & fans I think though Sparta. We would be a lot more supportive with the up & coming players.

It's well needed as the fans have felt more detached from the club than ever - well I certainly have.

It might well do, but one day a big club will enter admin and not come out, and I really don't want to test the water. That said, it hasn't exactly hurt Leicester has it. There would be no current owner saying he wants this to stay the same, or that to stay the same, and potentially hold up a takeover. I'm just hoping SJM calls on the previously interested parties and gets something sorted urgently. He has a lot of money to find by the end of next week, and that's in addition to the transfers out that we desperately need this summer.

DaveBanana

by DaveBanana » 04 May 2014 15:32

People keep mentioning a substantial amount we have to pay next week - what's this all about?

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 04 May 2014 15:43

SPARTA
Cureton's Volley

That's a lot harder than you think - certainly to get it down to where we want it, and for the manager to be able to keep or bring in his replacements. Last summer we did everything we could to move Pogrebnyak on, but no-one would take him. Now we will be doing that and the same for Drenthe, who has another 3 years on his contract!

Not only do we need to shave a significant amount of the wage bill, but we already owe a lot of money that is payable before any deals will be done. Hammond has his work cut out this season, and that's just the selling side of things.

It'll be cut certainly by the players out of contract, and Jobi, Ledge, Roberts, Gorkss and Bridge will take a nice chunk of it but beyond that it's still a squad bloated and reliant on other clubs coming in or players agreeing wage cuts.

I'm not sure about Drenthe. Officially when he signed it was announced as a two-year deal with an option of a third, so unless that's been renegotiated Jason Roberts style he'll have two years here... hopefully the option year is a club one.

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/article ... 75401.aspx

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 04 May 2014 16:33

SPARTA
MmmMonsterMunch This sort of scenario would galvanise the club & fans I think though Sparta. We would be a lot more supportive with the up & coming players.

It might well do, but one day a big club will enter admin and not come out, and I really don't want to test the water. That said, it hasn't exactly hurt Leicester has it. There would be no current owner saying he wants this to stay the same, or that to stay the same, and potentially hold up a takeover. I'm just hoping SJM calls on the previously interested parties and gets something sorted urgently. He has a lot of money to find by the end of next week, and that's in addition to the transfers out that we desperately need this summer.

Hasn't hurt Leicester? They've been out of the PL for a decade or more and spent a fair amount of that in League One.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 04 May 2014 16:43

Ian Royal
SPARTA

Hasn't hurt Leicester? They've been out of the PL for a decade or more and spent a fair amount of that in League One.

Wow, you're hard to please. Considering how drastic going through admin is, that's a wee bit better than ending up in League 2... No it hasn't really hurt Leicester.

409 posts