Summer 2023 Transfer Speculation

1360 posts
Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Summer 2023 Transfer Speculation

by Clyde1998 » 04 Aug 2023 00:24

Pepe the Horseman Forgot about Button. The twitter meltdown will be fun when he's our only signing before the weekend.

I think Button would be an improvement on our current options, although I would still like to see Andresson get game time for us; perhaps he'll be our cup keeper, with us having FA Cup, League Cup and League Trophy matches this season, he could get a decent number of matches via cups.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 04 Aug 2023 00:52

Crowbar6753 It will be a busy day in the office today, but i fully expect Savage and Wing to be registered in time and i have a feeling that Rushesha and possibly Button may also be announced first thing tomorrow morning.

Savage and Rushesha should be match fit and Wing has been training with us for two weeks now which should be more than enough time for at least a place on the bench!

Not sure about Button, i guess its more about getting used to your team mates than being super fit lol.

I'm pretty sure Bowen has been kept in the loop and has had everything prepared and ready to go as soon as they had word the embargo was lifted. I don't think it'll be on par with the Tommy Burn's "Super 7' day all those years ago but i think we may see a good handful of players announced tomorrow, at least i hope this is the case :D

Rushesha is the obvious signing, as would other players we've had on trial. Loan signings can happen quite quickly too. I can see probably four max being announced tomorrow.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 04 Aug 2023 08:34

Clyde1998
Crowbar6753 It will be a busy day in the office today, but i fully expect Savage and Wing to be registered in time and i have a feeling that Rushesha and possibly Button may also be announced first thing tomorrow morning.

Savage and Rushesha should be match fit and Wing has been training with us for two weeks now which should be more than enough time for at least a place on the bench!

Not sure about Button, i guess its more about getting used to your team mates than being super fit lol.

I'm pretty sure Bowen has been kept in the loop and has had everything prepared and ready to go as soon as they had word the embargo was lifted. I don't think it'll be on par with the Tommy Burn's "Super 7' day all those years ago but i think we may see a good handful of players announced tomorrow, at least i hope this is the case :D

Rushesha is the obvious signing, as would other players we've had on trial. Loan signings can happen quite quickly too. I can see probably four max being announced tomorrow.

When is the supposed cut off time for getting players registered for tomorrow? Noon or 5pm? Back in the hands of the FL again...

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 04 Aug 2023 08:48

Sutekh
Clyde1998

When is the supposed cut off time for getting players registered for tomorrow? Noon or 5pm? Back in the hands of the FL again...

Registration is noon to play tomorrow - I imagine if Wing and Savage have now been registered, whoever the 3rd player is - likely Rushesha will have already been registered, so we'll see an announcement at some point today on them.

We may see some other deals today but they will be too late to play so we may get more early next week.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 04 Aug 2023 13:59

Are any of the pre-embargo targets still available? Thinking of Harlee Dean, Jay Stansfield and Lewis Fiorini who seemed like good signings to make.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 04 Aug 2023 14:07

With Smith out potentially long term we need a striker should be a priority in my view, AC Kelvin and Clarke can`t carry that workload alone.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 04 Aug 2023 14:26

windermereROYAL With Smith out potentially long term we need a striker should be a priority in my view, AC Kelvin and Clarke can`t carry that workload alone.

Jay Stansfield was rumoured prior to the embargo. Would fit the bill well.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 04 Aug 2023 14:36

WestYorksRoyal Are any of the pre-embargo targets still available? Thinking of Harlee Dean, Jay Stansfield and Lewis Fiorini who seemed like good signings to make.

Well, none have gone anywhere else to date - so those deals could be resurrected. Same with triallists such as Amos, Shodipo etc - they may have stopped training with us but none have signed deals elsewhere, so if the club wish to, deals could be concluded fairly quickly.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 04 Aug 2023 15:14

WestYorksRoyal Are any of the pre-embargo targets still available? Thinking of Harlee Dean, Jay Stansfield and Lewis Fiorini who seemed like good signings to make.

Dean signing today according to journalists at the presser. Doubtful its in time for tomorrow.

4 to 6 more expected incl a GK.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 04 Aug 2023 15:38

Stranded

Dean signing today according to journalists at the presser. Doubtful its in time for tomorrow.

Dean
Walcott
McCarthy
Stansfield (loan)
another midfielder

think we'd be more than happy if we persuaded that lot into the club!

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 04 Aug 2023 16:22

Sutekh
Stranded

Dean
Walcott
McCarthy
Stansfield (loan)
another midfielder

think we'd be more than happy if we persuaded that lot into the club!

Selles made specific mention of us being able to have 5 loans and that we are working with clubs here and abroad, so would imagine we will see 2 or 3 loans in now and probably keep a couple back for Jan.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 05 Aug 2023 18:03

6 more signings expected apparently (quoted from discussion between Mr Tim and the manager):

Pereira will be 1
Presume Walcott is still a possibility
And maybe loan deals for Fiorini and Stansfield
Which would leave 2 others....

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 05 Aug 2023 18:05

Are we extending the treatment room before we bring these players in?

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 05 Aug 2023 18:12

Sutekh 6 more signings expected apparently (quoted from discussion between Mr Tim and the manager):

Pereira will be 1
Presume Walcott is still a possibility
And maybe loan deals for Fiorini and Stansfield
Which would leave 2 others....

That, to me, sounds very promising. If I had to guess, I'd say the 2 unknowns from what you have quoted would be a full back (probably LB) and another midfielder.

Even with Fiorini and Savage, that still leaves us a little light in that area, in terms of natural midfield players anyway. We all know we can't rely on Hutch.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 06 Aug 2023 09:43

I walked back to Green Park Station with a Reading/Fulham fan yesterday who’s son is in the Fulham academy. He said Stansfield is very keen to come to us, and Exeter would also like to take him back on loan. He’s watched him play a fair bit and says he has a fantastic attitude and a real desire to do well. He reckons he’ll fit the style Selles wants to play perfectly. Let’s hope he joins us soon.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Aug 2023 10:49

blythspartan I walked back to Green Park Station with a Reading/Fulham fan yesterday who’s son is in the Fulham academy. He said Stansfield is very keen to come to us, and Exeter would also like to take him back on loan. He’s watched him play a fair bit and says he has a fantastic attitude and a real desire to do well. He reckons he’ll fit the style Selles wants to play perfectly. Let’s hope he joins us soon.

Didn’t know Leon had a son in the Fulham academy.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 06 Aug 2023 11:18

Certainly need more striking options with Smith out till October.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 07 Aug 2023 08:58

Darren Witcoop is linking us with BHA midfielder Jensen Weir on loan

Decent enough stats from last year

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 07 Aug 2023 09:10

Hound Darren Witcoop is linking us with BHA midfielder Jensen Weir on loan

Decent enough stats from last year

10 goals and 5 assists in 43 games from midfield in L1 for a relegated side - that is pretty damn impressive and just the kind of loan we should be after.

Witcoop hasn't specifically mentioned a club in his tweet just used hashtags for I assume interested clubs, Pompey and Derby being the other 2, so wouldn't think this one is close, if it were to happen.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 07 Aug 2023 12:19

Yeah Weir had a good season last time around, I would be all for that if we manage to pull it off.

1360 posts