McDermott linked with Leicester job

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

McDermott linked with Leicester job

by Compo's Hat » 27 Oct 2011 00:42

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011 ... ester-city

and it is understood that Brian McDermott, the Reading manager, is highly regarded.

Can't see it happening myself.

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

Re: McDermott linked with Leicester job

by rfcjoe » 27 Oct 2011 00:44

No way in hell will this happen. Can't believe some of the utter shite the press actually print.

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 27 Oct 2011 00:56

There's a massive list on Oddschecker for next Leicester manager and his name isn't even there.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 27 Oct 2011 04:05

Ideal They'll sign Martin O'Neill.

Did you read the article? He has ruled himself out. If BM was offerd it I'm sure he will take it but can't see it myself. Would have thought Billy Davies would be the best of te out of work managers.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 27 Oct 2011 08:14

Being "highly regarded" is quite different to being a practical target.

Turns8
Hob Nob Regular

by Turns8 » 27 Oct 2011 08:50

Rinsing even more money out of the foxes in compensation if BM does go...would be immense.. :mrgreen:

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 27 Oct 2011 09:43

Jackson Corner If BM was offerd it I'm sure he will take it...

I'm not.

That is the sort of job that would double his income but more than halve his job security. If he failed to take them up chances are he'd start next season without a job which would set his career and earning potential back.

I know he'll move on one day but I wouldn't have thought Leicester was right club for him right now.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 27 Oct 2011 11:08

Not going to happen. They'll feel they have to appoint a "name" manager...

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 Oct 2011 11:17

Royal Rother

I'm not.

That is the sort of job that would double his income but more than halve his job security. If he failed to take them up chances are he'd start next season without a job which would set his career and earning potential back.

I know he'll move on one day but I wouldn't have thought Leicester was right club for him right now.

Spot on. If Sven gets shafted early on with them a point off the play offs, he'd be mad to switch to that basket case with us improving. If he leaves us for another club, it'll be where there's less immediate pressure and more job security if he's got any sense at all.

royalsroyalsroyals92

by royalsroyalsroyals92 » 27 Oct 2011 11:32

apparently over the last year or so Brian has been linked with many jobs and some clubs have enquired but he loves Reading and doesn't want to leave.... according to a relative of Nick Hammond

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 Oct 2011 15:12

royalsroyalsroyals92 apparently over the last year or so Brian has been linked with many jobs and some clubs have enquired but he loves Reading and doesn't want to leave.... according to a relative of Nick Hammond

As Dirk has said, part of the key to his success is how well he knows the system and people at the club. It's not exactly a typical club set up with it's financial management and successful DoF system.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 27 Oct 2011 15:26

Ian Royal
Royal Rother

I'm not.

Spot on. If Sven gets shafted early on with them a point off the play offs, he'd be mad to switch to that basket case with us improving. If he leaves us for another club, it'll be where there's less immediate pressure and more job security if he's got any sense at all.

I remember Mcghee and Pardew didn't think twice? Of course he would leave. Double his salery have an open cheque book as opposed to balancing the books year in year out. Bigger club bigger City with real Premiership ambition.

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 27 Oct 2011 15:37

The jump between Reading in 2003 to West Ham of 2003 and the jump between Reading 1994 to Leicester 1994 was a LOT bigger than Reading 2011 to Leicester 2011.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 27 Oct 2011 17:10

Barry the bird boggler Not going to happen. They'll feel they have to appoint a "name" manager...

They did that last time and didn't get anywhere.

:lol:

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 27 Oct 2011 17:13

Ian Royal
Royal Rother

I'm not.

I remember Mcghee and Pardew didn't think twice? Of course he would leave. Double his salery have an open cheque book as opposed to balancing the books year in year out. Bigger club bigger City with real Premiership ambition.[/quote]

I believe McGhee did think twice, didn't he state he would stay and then changed his mind.

RoyalJames101
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalJames101 » 27 Oct 2011 18:52

The amount of time McDermott has spent at the club I can't see him leaving. Seems to love the club. Arsenal would be one of a small amount of clubs I think he would leave to.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 Oct 2011 18:58

peterroyal76
I believe McGhee did think twice, didn't he state he would stay and then changed his mind.

Only to get to go home and shut JM up if you believe him.

Thing about McGhee & Pardew is they didn't have the history at the club and were clearly very ambitious up and coming managers. McDermott seems more in Coppell's mold than Pardew or McGhee's. And as said, a lot of his ability is based on his knowledge of the club and players, which wasn't as much of the case with Pards or McGhee.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 27 Oct 2011 21:27

He will only leave Reading if he is sacked, a stable Premier League club calling or the opportunity to fulfil his dream and manage Republic of Ireland.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 27 Oct 2011 22:12

Im a fan of BMD...would be frightening to see what he could do with a supportive board offering resources behind him.

georgerob

by georgerob » 27 Oct 2011 23:06

I think Leicester will want a big name as manager such as Mark Hughes. However McDermott might want to work with Matt Mills again and Leicester's stakeholders may think they will be in a better position to pouch Kebe from us if McDermott is the manager.