by melonhead » 21 Feb 2012 10:09

Bah!

luckinly theer are a million other reasons why this wont happen

chiefly , cos i bloody say so

The Prisoner
Hob Nob Regular

Re: RUMOUR - McDermott to Wolves

by The Prisoner » 21 Feb 2012 10:16

On paper shouldn't happen, but I am more worried by the club not coming out and saying anything. If there was nothing in it they would have said so by now?

I am more annoyed by the fact that Betfair weren't even offering odds on him at the weekend when I fancied a cheeky £5 on him, and now the odds are pants.

On the face of it Steve Bruce seems their obvious choice, but the fact that Curbishley said no (clearly he wanted cash to spend that wasn't there) suggests that Bruce might also say no? Also, what has Steve Bruce actually achieved as a manager?

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 21 Feb 2012 10:20

The Prisoner On paper shouldn't happen, but I am more worried by the club not coming out and saying anything. If there was nothing in it they would have said so by now?

I am more annoyed by the fact that Betfair weren't even offering odds on him at the weekend when I fancied a cheeky £5 on him, and now the odds are pants.

On the face of it Steve Bruce seems their obvious choice, but the fact that Curbishley said no (clearly he wanted cash to spend that wasn't there) suggests that Bruce might also say no? Also, what has Steve Bruce actually achieved as a manager?

club always quiet, till summat actually happens

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 21 Feb 2012 10:20

IF, and it's a big IF, McD has or is talking to Wolves then he must feel that his job is not as secure as JM has made it out to be. If he wasn't even interested in the Wolves job, I'm surprised he or the club haven't issued a statement stating that fact and ruling him out. It just leads to speculation and unsettles the players, surely?

I'm also surprised that Dave Jones hasn't featured very highly in the Wolves Manager betting - he was 80/1 last time I looked - I thought he did well for them when he was there. :|

The Prisoner
Hob Nob Regular

by The Prisoner » 21 Feb 2012 10:22

melonhead
The Prisoner On paper shouldn't happen, but I am more worried by the club not coming out and saying anything. If there was nothing in it they would have said so by now?

Slightly different I know, but they came straight out and quashed it when rumours about Bryn leaving came out recently.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 21 Feb 2012 10:22

Royal Rother I just cannot see BM being the right man for Wolves just now.

Surely they'll be looking for an up and at 'em guy to kick arse and have a quick impact rather than a thoughtful / studious type who calmly observes before he makes his decisions. Maybe I read him wrong but BM is the 2nd type, right?

If they wanted the latter type then I'd have thought Adkins would have been in the frame - but again, he's absolutely not what they need right now.

Oh well, whatever will be will be.

I've always agreed with Dirks suggestion that part of McDermotts success here has been down to his existing relationship with the players (and knowledge of the club as a whole) so it would be interesting to see how he gets on elsewhere and how he approached things differently.

I'd say you've called his type pretty much right, but is that down to circumstances or purely just his way of doing things. He's acted pretty quickly at times, bringing in Girffin and Kishanishvili, bombing out Williams and Cummings, so it might not be too alien to him.

From what I've seen of Wolves this season they're not far from being a decent side. They might not need massive changes implemented quickly, they may just need a little tweeking here and there and a different approach might just be what they need.

If I were Wolves, I'd see the job he did in turning us round so quickly when he took over from Rodgers as a big plus on his CV.

I'd still think that Bruce would be the better fit for them though, and hopefully McDermott sees the value in what he has here.

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 21 Feb 2012 10:23

Lee Clark now favourite with most bookies.

Absolute joke of a thread.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 21 Feb 2012 10:26

Focher
Absolute joke of a thread.

this.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 21 Feb 2012 10:26

The Prisoner
melonhead

Slightly different I know, but they came straight out and quashed it when rumours about Bryn leaving came out recently.

thats was plainly nonsense though, whereas he is actually talking to wolves

he just wont go there

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 21 Feb 2012 10:27

lets get one thing str8 before this thread goes any further.

THE RUSSIANS DO NOT OWN THE CLUB YET.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 21 Feb 2012 10:27

The Prisoner ...Also, what has Steve Bruce actually achieved as a manager?

He's got a very good record of starting well at clubs, Palace, Birmingham and Wigan certainly, where he did good jobs before being poached to go elsewhere.

He's not won a hell of a lot no, but he did get Birmingham promoted.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 21 Feb 2012 10:31

melonhead club always quiet, till summat actually happens

as it should be, but every pcunt on the internetz these days thinkls they are entitled to constant updates from people who've got something better to do, probably so they can organise a car park protest if necessary

Ups and Downs
Hob Nob Regular
Location: the piss artist not formerly known as scutterbucket

by Ups and Downs » 21 Feb 2012 10:34

JONNY FORDHAM IS A MASSIVE HACK HELM.

I HAVE IT ON A RELIABLE SOURCE THAT HE ENJOYS CARNAL RELATIONS WITH SMALL ANIMALS. HE HAS A PARTICULAR FONDNESS FOR GERBILS AS THEY ARE THE BEST FIT FOR HIS RIDICULOUSLY SMALL PENIS. WHEN HES NOT FABRICATING OR SIMPLY COPYING OTHER PEOPLES MADE UP RUMOURS, HE ESPECIALLY ENJOYS BUMMING RODENTS IN THE GETREADING OFFICE TOILETS AND HE SHOULD THEREFORE BE FIRED FOR MIXING BSINESS WITH PLEASURE, IN THIS REPORTERS HUMBLE OPINION.

AS FAR AS MY SOURCE IS CONCERNED, THIS COULD BE 100% ACCURATE SO CAN SOMEONE PLEASE PUT IT UP ON TWITTER. LINK IT BACK TO HERE IF NECESSARY. I STAND BY MY SOURCE. HE IS, I REPEAT, VERY RELIABLE.

No Hoops
Hob Nob Regular

by No Hoops » 21 Feb 2012 10:41

It is going to be massive egg on his face (or rat pooh)

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 21 Feb 2012 10:45

Does anyone know what Fordhams [hna] username is?

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 21 Feb 2012 10:45

TBM
melonhead luckily wolves fans are arogant dicks and would kick off if the board brought in a 'nobody' like brian

http://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=68945

Interesting to see many comments along the lines of "The Russians are looking to bring in a big-name manager, so McDermott may leave before he is sacked." That's absolutely not my impression of how things are - indications from that press conference suggested that the investors are very happy with how the club is being run, want to ensure continuity, and realise that McDermott is one of the club's key assetts.

I hope that if he is offered the Wolves job that we offer him the best possible terms to stay at the club. He can write his own contract as far as I'm concerned.

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 21 Feb 2012 10:45

TBM Does anyone know what Fordhams [hna] username is?

Always assumed it was No Fixed Abode.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 21 Feb 2012 10:46

Muguire

Cobi
Hob Nob Regular

by Cobi » 21 Feb 2012 10:49

JF claims RFC have given McD permission to talk to Wolves today.

Yesterday he said he'd already spoken to them.

He built his story based on a tweet from a usually reliable source on Twitter, made it his own and then deleted the tweet sent to him. He's an arse of the highest order. Don't trust a word unless it comes from #readingfc. :roll:

The Prisoner
Hob Nob Regular

by The Prisoner » 21 Feb 2012 10:49

1teaminberks

1271 posts