Who should we get? The generic 2012/13 speculation thread.

475 posts
bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

Re: If we go up, who should we get?

by bigmike » 19 Apr 2012 12:43

MassSarrslibrarian Someone who's still old enough to do a job in the premier league, not that fussed about returning to his parent club (currently out on loan), ad yes that applies to Gylfi, but what about Joe Cole, works well in centre mid, and out wide??

oxf*rd off newbie :lol:

Elliott

by Elliott » 19 Apr 2012 12:56

From BBC Gossip:

Reading chairman Sir John Madejski has insisted that there will be no spending spree this summer following the Royals' promotion to the Premier League.

Full story: Metro

The new Russian owners of Reading are setting their sights on European qualification next season.

Full story: the Sun

Anton v Madejski by the sounds of it :lol:

Royalz96

by Royalz96 » 19 Apr 2012 16:37

Joe Cole aint bad shout, but then again not sure he would be a good siging as he has no real hunger, unlike if we got Gylfi etc

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 19 Apr 2012 16:45

Franchise FC
Libertine
LeFondreforEngland As much as I love Jem and ledge we need a quality cm. Pogba on loan? Haha

Clint Dempsey? (j/k...with the year he is having prolly out of our price range anyhoo) :wink: :mrgreen:

Clint : Arsenal or Reading ? Arsenal or Reading ? ................. maybe I should be thinking Wenger or McDermott. - Reading it is then.

:D

Well the rub is Clint wants a trophy. I think he feels he needs one to really validate his career. And that being said rumors have it, so take it for what it is worth and with the proper pinch of salt, that he has caught the eye of a one Sir Alex. Not to say he is gonna end up there (in fact the latest "rumor" says Roma is interested in him also) but I just think he wants to move to a "big club". :roll:

But he really would be a perfect fit for us. An extremely hard worker, versatile (playing everything up front from lone striker to CM), a proven goal scorer now, excellent on set pieces and someone who puts winning before self.

But it really was just the pipedream of an American based Reading supporter wanting to see the current best American international on the team. :wink:

JoebyRFC

by JoebyRFC » 19 Apr 2012 17:14

Defence
bertrand (buy or loan)
martin olsson, providing blackburn go down

Midfielders
Siggy
Chris eagles
Frédéric Bulot
Matt phillips

Attackers
B.wilfried
Artjoms Rudnevs
yakubu
Lukaku (on loan)

Royalz96

by Royalz96 » 19 Apr 2012 18:33

wil never happen but that would b amazing if we got Clint Dempsey!!

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 19 Apr 2012 18:51

Brek Shea and Yoon Bit-Garam

These type of signings pay for themselves.

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 19 Apr 2012 19:29

Martin Olsson would be nice.

Royalz96

by Royalz96 » 19 Apr 2012 19:31

wold be quality if we got him! :D

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 20 Apr 2012 15:34

Simon's Church Brek Shea and Yoon Bit-Garam

Maybe if we were staying in the Championship. In terms of a PL player he is still raw, and a project. Not to say it would be a bad thing to take a punt on him if the price were right...a lot of potential upside and could develop faster than I might assume.

Madstad to Nadderud

by Madstad to Nadderud » 21 Apr 2012 12:01

Ideal
Madstad to Nadderud Thomas Rogne (Celtic)

Not gonna happen.

Why not? Rogne is a young player with good experience having played in Champions League qualifiers and now the Scottish prem' so fits the RFC mould in terms of age, talent etc. Surely a chance of playing in the Premiership (which he would get with RFC) would be too good to turn down?

Madstad to Nadderud Alanzinho (Trabzonspor)

Work permit would be impossible, and he's not likely to play for brazil.

Still not out of the question though. There were British clubs looking at him during his stint at Stabæk but there seemed to be an opinion that he was too small to play in the Premiership. Strange decision as the guy is class.

Madstad to Nadderud Vegar Eggen Hedenstad (Stabæk)

No thanks.

Hedenstad is good enough for Championship level at the moment and with age on his side and going cheap would make a great addition to the RFC squad and again, fits the RFC mould of promising young player. Definitely worth a punt.

Madstad to Nadderud Henning Haugher (Hannover 96)

Too slow and ineffective for English football. Otherwise he's decent. Poor man's Van Bommel.

No. no, no...he wanted a move to the UK but didn't get the chance. Easily good enough for the Premiership, especially if Jem Karacan can do it then Haugher in my opinion is a better player and would fit in nicely.

Madstad to Nadderud Somen Tchoyi (West Brom)

Don't think WBA would sell him to us.

If the price was right, then no reason why Roy wouldn't sell as Tchoyi hasn't featured in every game for WBA this season. Great player and would be a great addition to the RFC squad.

In relation to your choices then I agree 100% with Hangeland (Fulham) (should be playing at Arsenal really), Mohammed Abdellaue (Hannover) but please no Huseklepp (not that quick, lightweight and overrated) and definitely not Carew!!!!! He's all head down and run with no direction. A truly overrated player who has ever really had one consistently ok stint at Aston Villa. But like you said, these signings are never going to happen as RFC have their own shopping list. So bit pointless debating this really but good fun nonetheless.

Ha det bra!

GK: Rossbach jr. (forget which team, but supposedly he has been having trials with Man U a couple of times and is only 15 years old or something)
RB: Tom Høgli (Brugge)
LB: Jonathan Parr (Crystal P.)
DC:
DC: Håvard Nordtveit (Borussia MGB)
AMC: Erik (p'muff)
DMC: Markus Henriksen (Rosenborg)
MC: Ruben Yttergård-Jensen (Tromsø)
ML: Thomas Drage (Tromsø)
MR: Magnus Andersen (Tromsø)
SC: Mustafa Abdellaoue (FC Copenhagen)
SC:

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 21 Apr 2012 17:19

bracksroyal10

Defenders Bertrand Corluka Unfounded Rumours

by bracksroyal10 » 23 Apr 2012 14:22

Since our promotion has been confirmed and questions have been asked about whether the team can cut it in the PL, I have been asking myself particularly about Ian Harte. Don't get me wrong in the team of the year for the ccc well and truly deserved. Despite his wand of a left foot that would 100% be a danger from dead ball situations as we all know, I cannot help but worry about him being rinsed for pace week in week out by players with bags of energy such as Lennon, Walcott, Nani etc.

Lets face it Harte isn't the quickest of players and certainly it would be some challenge for him to keep up with the pace of some of the worlds best wingers the PL has. On the other hand I could also say this for Griff depending on who were to be regular RB for us next year. Obviously it all depends on our style of play in terms of formation etc.

My question is do you think our defence as it is now is lacking that extra bit of pace needed to compete well in BPL and if so who should we bring in to try and resolve this.

Would love to see Bertrand back as has been mentioned. If we were looking from an experience point of view I would love to see Corluka currently on loan at Werder Bremen I think it is. Deployable as a centre back as well as his primary right back position. Wages may be a setback though

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 23 Apr 2012 14:35

Simon's Church Brek Shea and Yoon Bit-Garam

Somebody been playing too much FIFA

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 23 Apr 2012 15:54

Lol, are they good on Fifa? I just picked a young american and korean at random. Never actually heard of either of them.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 23 Apr 2012 15:57

Simon's Church Lol, are they good on Fifa? I just picked a young american and korean at random. Never actually heard of either of them.

:lol: :roll:

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 23 Apr 2012 17:07

I have an absolute tank on FIFA called Nacho Canacho. 17 and already worth £8m 8) came through my academy. Does he actually exist?

RoyalTank

by RoyalTank » 23 Apr 2012 17:14

I was thinking... if blackburn go down i am sure morten gamst pederson would be available, very good at set pieces and would provide some premier league experience that we could use! just a thought

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 23 Apr 2012 17:33

RoyalTank I was thinking... if blackburn go down i am sure morten gamst pederson would be available, very good at set pieces and would provide some premier league experience that we could use! just a thought

I <3 MGP

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 23 Apr 2012 20:02

Ideal +1, Pedersen can play as an in the gap striker as well, which he is excellent at, then he can really use his long range shooting and passing skills, this could open up the option of playing 4-5-1 for us.
One thing is though, he doesn't seem to fit the "hungry player" mentality that McD likes. He's a bit too far into his comfort zone, and doesn't seem to have any further ambitions.

I reckon a change of scenery would do him good

475 posts