Speculation - Peter Whittingham

pea
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Speculation - Peter Whittingham

by pea » 30 Apr 2012 16:38

Happens all the time FR, like us asking Wolves about Doyle before they were actually relegated. The club have made it quite clear that we're looking to do business as early as possible

RockheadRumple

by RockheadRumple » 30 Apr 2012 17:55

The Real Sandhurst Royal Quality left foot with a great delivery just what we are going to need in the Premiership.

Sign him up.

I would still have Harte taking the set pieces, and yes, I do think he should be our starting LB in the prem.

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 01 May 2012 10:43

pea Happens all the time FR, like us asking Wolves about Doyle before they were actually relegated. The club have made it quite clear that we're looking to do business as early as possible

Also we lined up the deal to sell them Doyle before we failed to go up with them. The still grates with me. I know oblivion beckoned and it helped our planning for the Rodgers era, but it still hurt.

I just hope you're right that we've got them back! And hopefully bid for Fletcher, Jarvis and Kightly too!

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 01 May 2012 10:47

Z175
pea Happens all the time FR, like us asking Wolves about Doyle before they were actually relegated. The club have made it quite clear that we're looking to do business as early as possible

Also we lined up the deal to sell them Doyle before we failed to go up with them. The still grates with me. I know oblivion beckoned and it helped our planning for the Rodgers era, but it still hurt.

I just hope you're right that we've got them back! And hopefully bid for Fletcher, Jarvis and Kightly too!

serves him right in not joining Fulham instead of Wolves

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 03 May 2012 19:39

Playing like he's already got a deal to a Premier League club lined up tonight.

1871 Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by 1871 Royal » 03 May 2012 19:51

Stranded Playing like he's already got a deal to a Premier League club lined up tonight.

Have the rest of the Cardiff team got deals to them prem as well then, or are they just that shit?

:wink:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 May 2012 20:38

Looked Cardiff's best player from the 30 odd minutes I saw. Which is damning him with extremely faint praise.

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 03 May 2012 20:56

1871 Royal
Stranded Playing like he's already got a deal to a Premier League club lined up tonight.

Have the rest of the Cardiff team got deals to them prem as well then, or are they just that shit?

They beat us twice this season

moo
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by moo » 03 May 2012 22:30

Big Ern
1871 Royal

We beat West Ham twice. Champions!

They beat us twice this season

M-U-R-T-Y
Hob Nob Regular

by M-U-R-T-Y » 03 May 2012 22:55

Football =/= logic

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 04 May 2012 06:18

He can stop off at Reading on his way back down the M4 on Bank Holiday Monday after another Cardiff defeat to sign for the Royals.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 04 May 2012 07:03

The Real Sandhurst Royal He can stop off at Reading on his way back down the M4 on Bank Holiday Monday after another Cardiff defeat to sign for the Royals.

May well be on his way (hope so)

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 04 May 2012 07:50

Do we really want a "Championship dream team"?

I think Whittingham, McCleary, Butterfield etc are all superb players, but at the end of the day our current players were better this season.

Lets just sign Siggy and a random Senegalese striker eh Brian?

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 04 May 2012 08:40

Z175 Do we really want a "Championship dream team"?

I think Whittingham, McCleary, Butterfield etc are all superb players, but at the end of the day our current players were better this season.

But if you took the best players from certain Championship clubs then you are only making our squad stronger - surely?

Unless we are prepared to pay big wages, unfortunately its these kind of players that we need to sign until we are a stable Premiership side

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 04 May 2012 08:52

How would this side do in the Prem, backed up/mixed in with RFC's best 11?

Championship Team of the Year

Kelvin Davis (Southampton) (I know we don't need a keeper, just posting the team)

Nathaniel Clyne (Crystal Palace), James Tomkins (West Ham), Curtis Davies (Birmingham), Ian Harte (Reading),

Adam Lallana (Southampton), Peter Whittingham (Cardiff), Mark Noble (West Ham), Matt Phillips (Blackpool),

Rickie Lambert (Southampton), Jay Rodriguez (Burnley).

I'd've picked Vaz Te

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 04 May 2012 09:02

Snowball How would this side do in the Prem, backed up/mixed in with RFC's best 11?

Kelvin Davis (Southampton) (I know we don't need a keeper, just posting the team)

Nathaniel Clyne (Crystal Palace), James Tomkins (West Ham), Curtis Davies (Birmingham), Ian Harte (Reading),

Adam Lallana (Southampton), Peter Whittingham (Cardiff), Mark Noble (West Ham), Matt Phillips (Blackpool),

I'd've picked Vaz Te

I have been very impressed with him whenever I have seen him on tv. I think he would do well in the PL.

Bring Back The SB

by Bring Back The SB » 04 May 2012 10:46

Terminal Boardom
Snowball How would this side do in the Prem, backed up/mixed in with RFC's best 11?

I'd've picked Vaz Te

I have been very impressed with him whenever I have seen him on tv. I think he would do well in the PL.

He didn't

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 04 May 2012 11:13

I'd've picked Vaz Te

Not a bad team that but I would have Trippier from Burnley at right-back,Chester from Hull at centre-back and Fox from Southampton at left-back.
With Fox and Whittingham in the side there would be no need for Ian Harte as those two are just as adept with set-pieces and can play a bit as well.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 04 May 2012 11:23

Z175 Do we really want a "Championship dream team"?

Our TEAM beat their TEAMS. We do not have the best 11 players in the Championship.

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 04 May 2012 12:17

Seeing Whittingham last night showed me again that ,as a converted winger which he was in his Villa days,like most wingers he can't tackle.
With Brian quoted as saying that we will continue to go with two wingers next season I wonder what type of midfielder he is looking for.
In Ledge and Jem we have two hard-tackling central midfielders in an otherwise non-tackling midfield (Jobi and Jimmy hardly ever tackle) so does Brian want another hard-tackling midfielder as cover for or instead of one of Jem or Ledge or does he want more of a ball-player like Whittingham or Gylfi to play behind one central striker?
As I see it the other option is for the further hard-tackling midfielder to play just ahead of the back 4 with still 2 central midfielders and one up front.
The other point is that he might see the ball-playing midfielder as just a different option,e.g by going with just the one winger.
I think we will know how the team is likely to play when the new signings are in but I would like us to have another winger like McCleary to challenge Jobi and Jimmy,i.e a stronger option than HRK or Antonio.