SPECULATION - Jamie Mackie

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

SPECULATION - Jamie Mackie

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 05 Jul 2012 07:09

QPR striker Jamie Mackie is at the centre of a tug of war between top-flight new-boys West Ham and Southampton.

Both clubs are considering £1million bids for the Scot, 26, who has hit 16 goals in 56 league games for Rangers.

He'd be a good acquisition for Reading, always rated him and would be a bargain at that price ....a far better option than Rhodes in that he's played and scored in premiership and is a more all round player than just a goalscorer

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Jamie Mackie

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 05 Jul 2012 07:19

Rated Mackie when he played for Plymouth against us.

Still a good player ut not what we need now.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 05 Jul 2012 07:36

We're not likely to get involved in a bidding war. The club's shown it's not willing to pay over the odds for a player.

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

by Alexander Litvinenko » 05 Jul 2012 09:22

Royal Ginger We're not likely to get involved in a bidding war. The club's shown it's not willing to pay over the odds for a player.

WTF? Recently? :shock: With the Pog signing the club has shown that it certainly is prepared to get into a bidding war, and to commit to what it needs to spend to win that war.

Yes, that was wages rather than transfer fee, but wages are always a much more significant financial commitment than a one-off transfer fee.

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 05 Jul 2012 09:38

Royal Ginger We're not likely to get involved in a bidding war. The club's shown it's not willing to pay over the odds for a player.

We have no divine right to a player...if we want a player enough we will get into a bidding war if need be ....if the rumours are to be true £1m is a bargain .......go to JORDAN RHODES thread for discussion on paying over the odds...

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: SPECULATION - Jamie Mackie

by RobRoyal » 05 Jul 2012 10:31

Was great for a season, but probably past it now. And with Roberts in the team, we really don't want another Asaba-gate incident.

What?

Oh.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 05 Jul 2012 10:47

Thought he'd just signed a contract extension at QPR

Dare to Dr£am
Hob Nob Regular

by Dare to Dr£am » 05 Jul 2012 12:11

He can't be available, he only recently signed a new deal. I can't see it, but I would welcome it. Better than Rhodes for me.

Blakey's Right Peg

by Blakey's Right Peg » 05 Jul 2012 12:21

Slightly odd that QPR would be willing to let him move on for so little, particularly with how much they seem to rate him. Bit of a fans favourite by all accounts.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 05 Jul 2012 19:42

Alexander Litvinenko

WTF? Recently? :shock: With the Pog signing the club has shown that it certainly is prepared to get into a bidding war, and to commit to what it needs to spend to win that war.

Yes, that was wages rather than transfer fee, but wages are always a much more significant financial commitment than a one-off transfer fee.

Not sure i fully agree with that. Pog's wages x4 years are going to be far less then we would have had to have spent on a fee if he was mid contract and we got involved in a bidding war. Put slightly lessened wages on top of that that... 3 free transfers later i don't see evidence of a willingness to get involved bidding war. McDermott saying he doesn't think anyone's going to go in big money on Rhodes again points at not willing to pay over the odds. I stand by what i said.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 05 Jul 2012 19:52

Alexander Litvinenko

How do you work that one out ?
Transfer fee - payable now (even by instalments) - financially committed at day one
Wages - paid over a number of years - if he gets snapped up by someone after a good spell it may only be for a year

Albert Spangler
Hob Nob Regular

by Albert Spangler » 05 Jul 2012 21:29

Blond Graeme Murty. Yes please.

Tommio

by Tommio » 15 Jun 2015 19:27

Seems like Mackie is returning to QPR. Shame really, hope we can get a good alternative.

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 16 Jun 2015 18:39

He was an average player in a shit team. That's he why looked so good.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Jun 2015 20:02

blueroyals He was an average player in a shit team. That's he why looked so good.

But with exactly the sort of attitude and work rate the team needed.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 16 Jun 2015 22:14

Ian Royal
blueroyals He was an average player in a shit team. That's he why looked so good.

But with 6 goals in 39 games. Makes Pog look prolific given he only really played once Murray went back to Palace (and a few games at the beginning of the season). Before coming to Reading I always thought he worked hard but didn't score enough, and ulitmately lacked that bit of quality. A season with us confirmed my opinion. Decent guy and a decent squad player but not worth 20k per week

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 17 Jun 2015 11:28

Deluded if you think that 'shit' team is getting any better this season, should have signed him!!!!

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 17 Jun 2015 11:40

3points
Ian Royal

But with 6 goals in 39 games. Makes Pog look prolific given he only really played once Murray went back to Palace (and a few games at the beginning of the season). Before coming to Reading I always thought he worked hard but didn't score enough, and ulitmately lacked that bit of quality. A season with us confirmed my opinion. Decent guy and a decent squad player but not worth 20k per week

6 goals in 23 starts is a very good record for a winger, better than McAnuff or Little ever managed for example. OK, he sometimes played through the middle, but it's still one in four.

I believe he was player of the month three times and in one of those he didn't score, so reducing his performances to the goals he scored could be misleading.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 17 Jun 2015 11:45

Pretty sure he scored most of his goals in a little glut of form when he played through the middle, so his lack of goals out wide was probably on a par with our other wingers, ie not good enough.

I've always thought he was a very limited player. Works hard and has the odd moment of quality but generally lacked the composure or ability to create enough. I'd still quite liked us to have got him back if he wasn't demanding silly money but the fact he's gone to QPR probably means his demands are way above sensible.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 17 Jun 2015 11:46

Great attitude, more than good enough player for this level.

Shame when a loanee is more passionate, committed etc than the core of the squad.

I bloody loved him.

Wages were always going to make it unlikely he'd return.