17 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Dare to Dr£am
Hob Nob Regular

Gossip - Only one more to come in...?

by Dare to Dr£am » 15 Jul 2012 15:33

... after Mariappa, says the club.

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/page/NewsDet ... 99,00.html

Take that with a large pinch of salt.

We all but know the next player after Maps will be a right back, but then Taylor is also being considered for a contract, with the idea of loaning out Andersen/McCarthy. so that means there could be two more... plus we've been chasing another striker as well as Pog all summer. We've sudden;y decided we don't need another proven striker? Really? Church hat-trick that convincing? Please God know..

I expect a right back and Mariappa this week, but there could still be a couple more before the deadline draws to a close.

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

Re: Gossip - Only one more to come in...?

by Libertine » 15 Jul 2012 16:11

Prolly will be two...Simpson and Defoe. Then our business of filling out the squad will be done and we can concentrate on preparations for the upcoming season.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 15 Jul 2012 16:11

Simpson will join next week then that will be it (Stuart Taylor aside) unless a smart opportunity suddenly presents itself...

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 15 Jul 2012 19:18

Remind me again why Simpson is leaving Newcastle? Surely Pardew would like quality back up, to who ever he signs in that position??

Dare to Dr£am
Hob Nob Regular

by Dare to Dr£am » 15 Jul 2012 19:28

Barry the bird boggler Simpson will join next week then that will be it (Stuart Taylor aside) unless a smart opportunity suddenly presents itself...

Simpson? there's been rumours going around today that it's off and Gunter may be back on. You only seem to pipe up when you've heard something reliable, so is Simmo still on?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 15 Jul 2012 20:39

skipper Remind me again why Simpson is leaving Newcastle? Surely Pardew would like quality back up, to who ever he signs in that position??

First team football and a better wage would seem like two obvious and huge reasons.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 15 Jul 2012 21:23

TheSiege BMcD always knew which positions needed to be strengthened and with a RB as well as Mariappa who should be unveiled tomorrow, he will have ticked all the boxes. However, there is still money in the transfer kitty and other clubs may still find some of our less regarded players attractive. I would not presume that there will be no furhter transfers. If a Van Der Vaart(Reading version) suddenly came on the radar, I,M sure that we would throw our hats into the ring!

Van Persie is still available

GSY-Royal

by GSY-Royal » 15 Jul 2012 21:46

TheSiege I started a thread yesterday asking who our 25th man should be. Who would be the Jewel in the Crown were we to have a place outstanding after buying a CB(Mariappa) and a RB(Simpson - although this now seems to be in doubt!). Due to envy by some of the older members of this forum, my thread was consigned to a bizarre thread to do with Premiership rules apparently due to the fact that none of the 'oldies' could be bothered to actually read what I was saying! Ha-ha, an old contributor puts manc where there used to be Gloss and the Oldies on this forum have nothing to say! RockheadRumple - destroy this thread!

:|

Blakey's Right Peg

by Blakey's Right Peg » 15 Jul 2012 22:51

Think Marriapa and a right-back would likely conclude our business for now, unless Brian sees something amiss during pre-season. Also would expect us to quickly dip back into the transfer market if we struggle early on.
Last edited by Blakey's Right Peg on 15 Jul 2012 22:54, edited 1 time in total.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 15 Jul 2012 22:53

TheSiege RockheadRumple - destroy this thread!

I'm not sure he has that sort of power...

RockheadRumple

by RockheadRumple » 15 Jul 2012 23:11

LoyalRoyalFan
TheSiege RockheadRumple - destroy this thread!

I'm not sure he has that sort of power...

I certainly don't, but I'd destroy you if I could.

:?

No homo

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 16 Jul 2012 08:00

skipper Remind me again why Simpson is leaving Newcastle? Surely Pardew would like quality back up, to who ever he signs in that position??

He has 1 year on his existing contract and he does not want to sign an extention therefore Newcastle dont want to loose him on a free so are opting to sell him

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 16 Jul 2012 08:16

TheSiege I started a thread yesterday asking who our 25th man should be. Who would be the Jewel in the Crown were we to have a place outstanding after buying a CB(Mariappa) and a RB(Simpson - although this now seems to be in doubt!). Due to envy by some of the older members of this forum, my thread was consigned to a bizarre thread to do with Premiership rules apparently due to the fact that none of the 'oldies' could be bothered to actually read what I was saying! Ha-ha, an old contributor puts manc where there used to be Gloss and the Oldies on this forum have nothing to say! RockheadRumple - destroy this thread!

Yes yes, we saw the thread but frankly, no-one cared.

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 16 Jul 2012 08:48

I see it as:

Mariappa + Right Back
or
Mariappa + Right Back + Central Mid

Wuzzy87

by Wuzzy87 » 16 Jul 2012 09:24

The Rouge I see it as:

Mariappa + Right Back
or
Mariappa + Right Back + Central Mid

Tabb, Karacan, Guthrie, Ledge +Mcanuff if needed - Can't see us signing another midfielder unless one goes.

I reckon Mapps + a RB and maybe another forward depending on outgoings (Church, Williams etc)

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 16 Jul 2012 11:51

From the reports on the OS the only signings there will be before the start of the season are Mariappa plus one (which must be a RB).

Brian will then no doubt assess the squad tro see how they start the season and if it is glaringly obvius something needs to be done then no doubt it will happen right at the end of the transfer window. That means Church and Morrison look to be in the 25 (although Morrison does not take up a space as he was under 21 at 1/1/12).

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 16 Jul 2012 16:41

:D :D :) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :) :D :D :) :lol: :lol:

17 posts   •   Page 1 of 1