Loan market: coming to a team near you Sunday

116 posts
mikey0406

Loan market: coming to a team near you Sunday

by mikey0406 » 04 Sep 2013 07:43

There has been a lot of disappointment with the transfer window but no one can doubt the quality of the three brought in, the fact the loan window opens again Sunday does not change what Reading are after, they will still sign a centre half and a striker, with Momo Sissoko signing a two year deal with an option of a third. We are still in for Billy sharp but the Centre half I'm clueless on, wait for the 25 man squad lists to be published and that will give some idea to who's available. The fact is that all of our mentioned targets that have not moved are still likely to be made available

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Loan market: coming to a team near you Sunday

by Rawlie19 » 04 Sep 2013 07:50

mikey0406 There has been a lot of disappointment with the transfer window but no one can doubt the quality of the three brought in, the fact the loan window opens again Sunday does not change what Reading are after, they will still sign a centre half and a striker, with Momo Sissoko signing a two year deal with an option of a third. We are still in for Billy sharp but the Centre half I'm clueless on, wait for the 25 man squad lists to be published and that will give some idea to who's available. The fact is that all of our mentioned targets that have not moved are still likely to be made available

I thought Billy Sharp had gone somewhere else? I don't know for a fact, just thought he had.

I will be VERY surprised if Momo is a Reading player anytime soon... Or ever.

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 04 Sep 2013 07:51

IN on page 1 8)

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 04 Sep 2013 07:52

We're not in for Billy Sharp

SydenhamRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SydenhamRoyal » 04 Sep 2013 20:11

Pepe the Horseman We're not in for Billy Sharp

And we're no longer in for momo

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 04 Sep 2013 21:04

SydenhamRoyal
Pepe the Horseman We're not in for Billy Sharp

And we're no longer in for momo

Says who?? :roll:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 04 Sep 2013 21:30

We've "talked to him this morning" and "talks can continue in future" suggest we're still after him.

AkpansBFF

by AkpansBFF » 04 Sep 2013 21:43

On the official site NH said he has a contract offer from us!

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 04 Sep 2013 21:46

Hopefully he rejects it as we have plenty of Midfielders and his wages will according to the clubs apologists stop us from signing players in positions that we need.

Cypry

by Cypry » 04 Sep 2013 21:50

sandman Hopefully he rejects it as we have plenty of Midfielders and his wages will according to the clubs apologists stop us from signing players in positions that we need.

But we don't have plenty of midfielders who can play an out-and-out defensive role just in front of the centre backs....Sissoko could fulfil that role....

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 04 Sep 2013 22:06

We don't exactly have a glut expansive Iniesta style midfielders who create loads of chances either. Karacan can protect the defence, Williams came here as a defensive midfielder and failing those two Leigertwood is a top end Championship quality DM. Also if you guys are saying the wages we pay are a large reason why we weren't more active in the transfer market then surely it makes sense not to sign a player we don't have a desperate need for and who commands high wages.

Cypry

by Cypry » 05 Sep 2013 07:08

sandman We don't exactly have a glut expansive Iniesta style midfielders who create loads of chances either. Karacan can protect the defence, Williams came here as a defensive midfielder and failing those two Leigertwood is a top end Championship quality DM. Also if you guys are saying the wages we pay are a large reason why we weren't more active in the transfer market then surely it makes sense not to sign a player we don't have a desperate need for and who commands high wages.

But.....Leigertwood is still injured with no news on when he might return, whilst Williams might have come here as a defensive midfielder, that doesn't appear to be the way we're using him, he's playing very centrally, making driving runs when possible.

I suspect the interest in Sissoko is for an out and out DM who can sit just in front of Pearce and Morrison, drooping between them (almost as a third CB) when we have possession to form a back three, with the full backs pushing on as wing backs - IMO this is the main area where the new system is falling down at the moment causing us to leak goals, and aside from Leigertwood, we don't really have anyone who can play that role....

local629

by local629 » 05 Sep 2013 09:10

I know it's only paper talk. However, Rafa Benitez is plotting to hijack midfielder Momo Sissoko's switch to Reading.

I really can't see him coming here now. If he really wanted to play for Reading, he would have signed by now!

Elm Park Pasty

by Elm Park Pasty » 05 Sep 2013 09:18

sandman We don't exactly have a glut expansive Iniesta style midfielders who create loads of chances either. Karacan can protect the defence, Williams came here as a defensive midfielder and failing those two Leigertwood is a top end Championship quality DM. Also if you guys are saying the wages we pay are a large reason why we weren't more active in the transfer market then surely it makes sense not to sign a player we don't have a desperate need for and who commands high wages.

Does anyone apart from Barcelona???!! I seem a bit out of step with everyone else here. I think if we are presented with the opportunity to sign a CL class player who seems interested and positive about coming (I would loved to have seen Sissoko here, but I do wonder if Reading's Interest was just as a lever for the free transfer) then we should take it if the budget allows. I am pretty certain Karacan didn't like playing the fully defensive role BM asked him to play (I am also sure posters on here reckon it stifled his development) and Williams hasn't appeared to be a fully 'defensive' midfielder. And to see someone say (I can't remember if it was Twitter or here) that he is no better than what we have is just laughable. I mean WTF :?:

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 05 Sep 2013 10:06

local629 Momo Sissoko's switch to Reading.

I really can't see him coming here now. If he really wanted to play for Reading, he would have signed by now!

This

Oh and oxf*rd off Newbie :D

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 05 Sep 2013 11:31

I think people are looking at this the wrong way. I doubt he, or any top class player , "really wants" to come to Reading, or to any club not in the CL, or in with a shout of serious silverware. We aren't going to be on the radar of players like that. However for good players who may have had a bad few seasons, or off field issues we're not q bad option. The fact that Sissoko came over and talked to us, and hasn't said no, is about as positive as you could expect from a player of his pedigree. I'd hope we're working on other deals ( actually that's wrong, I know we'll be working on other deals), but this is one that's got a lot further than I would have expected

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 05 Sep 2013 13:35

He hasn't said no yet because he's waiting to see if anyone better comes in for him. Clearly. Or he'd have said yes already.

:roll:

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 05 Sep 2013 19:43

The signing of Sylvan Ebanks-Blake will be announced next week after the international break.

One8Seven1

by One8Seven1 » 05 Sep 2013 19:45

Royal Lady He hasn't said no yet because he's waiting to see if anyone better comes in for him. Clearly. Or he'd have said yes already.

He hasn't said yes or no yet because we haven't agreed a deal! Charlie Watts confirmed tonight that we are still some way apart, and Johnny Fordham made a very valid point earlier saying how surprised he was to hear we are effectively skint, yet fund the huge wages of Pogrebnyak AND are prepared to bring another massive earner into the club in Sissoko.. It doesnt add up! It's all PR. It's more Gylfi, more "we're trying to bring big names in to satisfy the fans" but what we'll end up with will be very different.

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 05 Sep 2013 19:59

One8Seven1
Royal Lady He hasn't said no yet because he's waiting to see if anyone better comes in for him. Clearly. Or he'd have said yes already.

He hasn't said yes or no yet because we haven't agreed a deal! Charlie Watts confirmed tonight that we are still some way apart, and Johnny Fordham made a very valid point earlier saying how surprised he was to hear we are effectively skint, yet fund the huge wages of Pogrebnyak AND are prepared to bring another massive earner into the club in Sissoko.. It doesnt add up! It's all PR. It's more Gylfi, more "we're trying to bring big names in to satisfy the fans" but what we'll end up with will be very different.

To be honest most fans want a decent striker, not a big name cdm that wants huge wages.
Last edited by ManchesterRoyals on 05 Sep 2013 20:10, edited 1 time in total.

116 posts