Adkins to West Brom

236 posts
southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

Re: Adkins to West Brom

by southbank1871 » 03 Jan 2014 14:36

M Brook
BR2 Interesting-now 5/2 joint favourite with Paddy Power.

Can't see Paddy Power getting the job!

Lol.

royalZILLAAA

by royalZILLAAA » 03 Jan 2014 14:40

floyd__streete Then again, we are a nation who seems to find Mrs Brown's Boys amusing.

I'm dragging this one back from page 2 - that show is exactly the lowest common denominator bullshit that Extras parodied with Andy Millman.

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 03 Jan 2014 14:49

surrounded by saints
Brum Royal If this does happen. Who would we then get in?

Eddie Howe would be my choice I think.

Can't see this-he is very happy working for a Russian who actually does spend money, remains in the background and doesn't seek publicity.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 03 Jan 2014 15:10

winchester_royal I'm an Adkins fan, but if we come out of this with £2m compo for the 3 stooges and Eamo Dolan in charge then I wouldn't be unhappy.

IN-fucking-deed.
Dolan in as caretaker until the end of the season.
If Dolan does a good job and wants it full time then fine.
If not, try and go after the likes of Eddie Howe.

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 03 Jan 2014 15:16

Imagine the lolz at Bournemouth fans if we poached Eddie Howe from them.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 03 Jan 2014 15:21

southbank1871 Imagine the lolz at Bournemouth fans if we poached Eddie Howe from them.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 03 Jan 2014 15:26

Platypuss Going by the likes of Blackman, Carricco and Akpan, I'm glad we didn't give McDermott any more than that.

The same Carrico who is currently playing for Sevilla in the Europa League and La Liga? :|

And let's just casually ignore all the other players we brought in with McDermott as chief scout or manager.

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 03 Jan 2014 15:32

floyd__streete
Ouroboros They were 15th when he was sacked. We were 19th.

I refer the honourable gentleman to the reply I gave regarding respective budgets some moments ago.

Don't believe me? Ask Wiki:

Wikipedia In preparation for their first season back in the top flight, Southampton strengthened their squad relatively heavily during the summer transfer window, breaking the club's transfer fee record twice with the acquisitions of Burnley striker Jay Rodriguez in July and Uruguayan midfielder Gastón Ramírez from Bologna on deadline day.[10][11][12][13] Other significant additions included Rangers midfielder Steven Davis,[14][15] Japanese defender Maya Yoshida,[16][17] and young full-back Nathaniel Clyne.[18][19]

What clueless signings the Saints made. Glad we didn't stretch the budget to buy average players like that.

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 03 Jan 2014 15:32

P!ssed Off
winchester_royal I'm an Adkins fan, but if we come out of this with £2m compo for the 3 stooges and Eamo Dolan in charge then I wouldn't be unhappy.

IN-fucking-deed.
Dolan in as caretaker until the end of the season.
If Dolan does a good job and wants it full time then fine.
If not, try and go after the likes of Eddie Howe.

This would be ideal. I'm confident Eamon would get the results required to get it FT though.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 03 Jan 2014 15:36

SCIAG
Platypuss Going by the likes of Blackman, Carricco and Akpan, I'm glad we didn't give McDermott any more than that.

The same Carrico who is currently playing for Sevilla in the Europa League and La Liga? :|

And let's just casually ignore all the other players we brought in with McDermott as chief scout or manager.

As a manager it's hard to forget:

Brett Williams
Marcus Williams
Bongani Khumalo
Karl Sheppard
Dave Mooney
Jo Mills,
Cedric Basseya
Matthieu Manset
Gunnar Thorvaldsson

:wink:

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 03 Jan 2014 15:42

SPARTA
SCIAG

As a manager it's hard to forget:

Brett Williams
Marcus Williams
Bongani Khumalo
Karl Sheppard
Dave Mooney
Jo Mills,
Cedric Basseya
Matthieu Manset
Gunnar Thorvaldsson

:wink:

Coppell bought Fae, Halford, Bennett, Thomas etc - guess we'll have to think he was a pcunt too :|

Anyway, back on track....this story is being widely reported from Birmingham to Scunthorpe, the old phrase "no smoke without fire" comes to mind

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 03 Jan 2014 15:43

I'm also told that this week, Adkins has had a meeting with SJM to find out how much £ may be available in the transfer window. Perhaps he didn't like what he heard and so has instructed his agent (presuming he has one here) to engineer a move away/cause unrest?

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 03 Jan 2014 15:47

Big Foot I'm also told that this week, Adkins has had a meeting with SJM to find out how much £ may be available in the transfer window. Perhaps he didn't like what he heard and so has instructed his agent (presuming he has one here) to engineer a move away/cause unrest?

Fair play if he does. Been sold down the river once already.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 03 Jan 2014 15:48

Platypuss
Big Foot I'm also told that this week, Adkins has had a meeting with SJM to find out how much £ may be available in the transfer window. Perhaps he didn't like what he heard and so has instructed his agent (presuming he has one here) to engineer a move away/cause unrest?

Haven't we all.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 03 Jan 2014 15:54

I'm sure our impecunious owners will be absolutely delighted if Adkins gets the WBA job in the next few days. Some compensation in and no pesky manager demanding transfer funds to invest in players this window!

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 03 Jan 2014 15:59

Big Foot
Platypuss

Haven't we all.

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/footb ... ls-5433021

Royals’ boss said: “We need 100 goals. To do that we need people who are going to score in several positions.

Ahead of tomorrow’s season opener against Ipswich (3pm kick-off), Adkins has also given his defenders an ambitious target for the campaign.

He wants to see them keep 21 clean sheets, a number he believes will be enough to ensure the club heads straight back to the top flight.

Again it is a target which may raise eyebrows, but Royals’ boss offers no apologies about setting high standards.

“We don’t want to be mid-table,” he said. “We want to get back to the Premier League.

“That has to be the ambition, that has to be the drive. If you want to be at the top, then there are pressures that come with it, but believe me, the pressures that come at the top are far better than those at the bottom.”

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 03 Jan 2014 16:03

Yeah, boooooo ambition.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 03 Jan 2014 16:04

Royals’ boss said: “We need 100 goals. To do that we need people who are going to score in several positions.

Ahead of tomorrow’s season opener against Ipswich (3pm kick-off), Adkins has also given his defenders an ambitious target for the campaign.

He wants to see them keep 21 clean sheets, a number he believes will be enough to ensure the club heads straight back to the top flight.

Again it is a target which may raise eyebrows, but Royals’ boss offers no apologies about setting high standards.

“We don’t want to be mid-table,” he said. “We want to get back to the Premier League.

“That has to be the ambition, that has to be the drive. If you want to be at the top, then there are pressures that come with it, but believe me, the pressures that come at the top are far better than those at the bottom.”

Fair play to him, got sold a vision, dream was passed on to us and now we have all been had!!

21 clean sheets? We ll be lucky to keep half that!

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 03 Jan 2014 16:06

Sanguine Yeah, boooooo ambition.

Where am I saying that?

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 03 Jan 2014 16:08

Just spent my £120 I won at the half time quiz the other week and can confirm that Adkins car is in the car park. Now... It might be left there in readiness for overnight stay in Brighton... Or he is having afternoon tea with Sir John. Just saying!

236 posts