Rumour - Jack Hobbs

415 posts
Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

Re: Rumour - Jack Hobbs

by Platypuss » 13 Jan 2014 22:11

noelgallagher As it stands, RFC have placed the highest bid, Forest haven't matched it and unless they do so by Friday then he will go to the highest bidders.

Not if Hobbs himself doesn't want to join them he won't.

jellytot

by jellytot » 13 Jan 2014 22:16

The next few days will be interesting. I am more anxious for news on the takeover to be honest. I do not think we would be bidding at all if the ownership issue wasn't settled.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 13 Jan 2014 22:17

Is anyone really that bothered about this? I don't really care if we get him. Would rather get someone who isn't injury prone...

noelgallagher

by noelgallagher » 13 Jan 2014 22:17

Platypuss
noelgallagher As it stands, RFC have placed the highest bid, Forest haven't matched it and unless they do so by Friday then he will go to the highest bidders.

Not if Hobbs himself doesn't want to join them he won't.

This alleged loved affair Hobbs has with Forest is your usual media/fan guff. He has no alliance to Forest or RFC, his decision will be based on contract length, salary and the prospects of top flight football. And at this point the advantage lies with RFC due to the forthcoming owners and the punch they'll be able to pack financially.

Forest want a free with Hobbs and are reluctant to pay the £600k. Says it all really.

Money talks more than ever in football.

jellytot

by jellytot » 13 Jan 2014 22:20

Watts saying that RFC have not held talks with him today, but that Forest have not met our offer yet! What if Forest cannot afford to match us and the player doesn't want to join us?

noelgallagher

by noelgallagher » 13 Jan 2014 22:24

jellytot Watts saying that RFC have not held talks with him today, but that Forest have not met our offer yet! What if Forest cannot afford to match us and the player doesn't want to join us?

Then Hull lose out on a potential £600k and Forest gain a CB on a free. Unless of course a PL team come in and offer a better deal. Again, this nonsense of Hobbs having allegiance to Forest is their supporters hoping he does!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 Jan 2014 22:35

noelgallagher
jellytot Watts saying that RFC have not held talks with him today, but that Forest have not met our offer yet! What if Forest cannot afford to match us and the player doesn't want to join us?

Then Hull lose out on a potential £600k and Forest gain a CB on a free. Unless of course a PL team come in and offer a better deal. Again, this nonsense of Hobbs having allegiance to Forest is their supporters hoping he does!

We only get him if he chooses us.
Forest only get him now if they pony up the cash, or Hull decide he can go there for free because he rejects us.
Forest could get him for free in the summer if they don't cough up.

He could easily find himself in Hull's reserves until the summer, by which time Forest have signed someone else and his stock has significantly dropped.

I find it amusing that you've got some people saying he was in Reading negotiating with us and others saying he never left Nottingham to go back to Hull and has signed with them. Just more signs that most people make it up and hope they get lucky enough to fool people.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 13 Jan 2014 22:39

Hobbs will leave Hull this window. If Forest do not come up with the dosh and he refuses to come to us - then I am sure that Hull will threaten to recall him and put him in the reserves. He would be very foolish to turn down a move to us in these circumstances.

However, I am still pretty sure Forest will come up with the dosh to match our bid - unless of course he is badly injured - in which case we won't want him either.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 13 Jan 2014 22:57

Anyone think this may be a move on part of club to show the fans we are 'active'?

Calculated move in that we never really expected to get him and forest had him all along?

Unphased Royal

by Unphased Royal » 13 Jan 2014 23:03

He doesn't love Forest that much more than us (if at all) and I highly doubt he's willing to sit in the reserves for 6 months in order to get his "dream move" to Forest. If they don't match our offer there is very little reason I can see that he would tell us to do one.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 13 Jan 2014 23:06

Unphased Royal If they don't match our offer there is very little reason I can see that he would tell us to do one.

One of those reasons posted just before you.

Unphased Royal

by Unphased Royal » 13 Jan 2014 23:14

Platypuss
Unphased Royal If they don't match our offer there is very little reason I can see that he would tell us to do one.

One of those reasons posted just before you.

You're quite right, know know how I didn't see that :(

Cypry

by Cypry » 14 Jan 2014 06:49

loyalroyal4life Anyone think this may be a move on part of club to show the fans we are 'active'?

Calculated move in that we never really expected to get him and forest had him all along?

What, so we told Bruce to go public with our bid?
Do behave....why is it some will try every angle to discredit the club? Loyal my arse.....

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 14 Jan 2014 08:04

Cypry
loyalroyal4life Anyone think this may be a move on part of club to show the fans we are 'active'?

Do behave....why is it some will try every angle to discredit the club? Loyal my arse.....

To be fair to LR4L, he /she may have a point. Lets look at some facts...

The fans are pissed off with the way the AZ takeover has gone tits up
The football has been generally shit
The Manager isn't universally popular

What better way to get fans onside but to go public on a deal that just might not come off?

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 14 Jan 2014 08:19

"I know what will get these fans on our side, a fake £600k bid for an injured defender :!: "

Elm Park Pasty

by Elm Park Pasty » 14 Jan 2014 08:29

Not really.

1. You run the risk of the 'charade' blowing up in your face if your bluff is called. At this particular time we are leading the chase, because we are the only team in the chase. NFFC have not shown their hand yet.

2. Further to 1. The fall out would be unimagineable if we were to bid on a player and then pull our bid once a deal was agreed (I presume we would use the injury excuse but that itself could open a pandora's box), we would be viewed as untrustworthy etc etc etc.

We have the money, whether it is from our prospective owner or from SJM prior to a takeover, who knows??? I would expect the deal is imminent, the change in NA's demeanour from the presser on Thursday to the post match one would point to that. It could just be the positive result, but NA's choice of words when asked if we had new owers was interesting. He could have said no, he could have said he didn't know. He chose to say he couldn't say, and smiled. I'm sure the reading taken into this will depend on the viewpoint of the reader.

Cypry

by Cypry » 14 Jan 2014 08:32

Terminal Boardom
Cypry

To be fair to LR4L, he /she may have a point. Lets look at some facts...

The fans are pissed off with the way the AZ takeover has gone tits up
The football has been generally shit
The Manager isn't universally popular

What better way to get fans onside but to go public on a deal that just might not come off?

Opening Saturday behind the East Stand - Cyprys Tin Foil Hat Shoppe - essential apparel for the terminally paranoid - should make a packet......

No Hoops
Hob Nob Regular

by No Hoops » 14 Jan 2014 08:35

jellytot The next few days will be interesting. I am more anxious for news on the takeover to be honest. I do not think we would be bidding at all if the ownership issue wasn't settled.

Or we're using some of the Marriapa / Kebe Money. It is only £600k

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 14 Jan 2014 09:04

Pepe the Horseman "I know what will get these fans on our side, a fake £600k bid for an injured defender :!: "

I can't see a problem especially if we agree terms and he fails the medical. That way Squaky and SJM can say that they tried their best. Plus, with Hull advertising the position that could flush out a few other clubs. Say we get outbid - again, no face lost. The Reading FC hierarchy really can't lose on this one.

MouldyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MouldyRoyal » 14 Jan 2014 09:22

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest they're more bothered by using bids to attempt to strengthen the squad than to pull the wool over the eyes of a couple of mongs on a spazboard.

415 posts