Rumour - Jack Hobbs

415 posts
Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Rumour - Jack Hobbs

by Pepe the Horseman » 14 Jan 2014 09:25

Oooh, looks like someone's unashamedly ITK. You've changed.

MouldyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MouldyRoyal » 14 Jan 2014 09:35

I'm a better man for it. I've stopped paying out any money on bets for a start.

'lista
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by 'lista » 14 Jan 2014 10:03

MouldyRoyal I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest they're more bothered by using bids to attempt to strengthen the squad than to pull the wool over the eyes of a couple of mongs on a spazboard.

I think you may be on to something there. :D

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 14 Jan 2014 10:09

Cypry
loyalroyal4life Anyone think this may be a move on part of club to show the fans we are 'active'?

Calculated move in that we never really expected to get him and forest had him all along?

What, so we told Bruce to go public with our bid?
Do behave....why is it some will try every angle to discredit the club? Loyal my arse.....

Bruce went public not us, we dont need to tell him anything if we know we are going for a player who was never likely to join anyway

Elm Park Pasty

by Elm Park Pasty » 14 Jan 2014 10:25

Dave-Royal Clark hunt the rumours was rubbish Tim dellor said on radio Berkshire it not going to happen.....

You are in a time warp aren't you? Or some sort of time bubble that means you come to news 2 days after every one else?

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 14 Jan 2014 10:48

Pepe the Horseman "I know what will get these fans on our side, a fake £600k bid for an injured defender :!: "

:lol: This made me chuckle this morning when otherwise I'm in quite a shit mood.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 14 Jan 2014 11:00

Dave-Royal Clark hunt the rumours was rubbish Tim dellor said on radio Berkshire it not going to happen.....?

Edited for you - you forget your ususal superfluous question mark at the end of the sentence.

Cypry

by Cypry » 14 Jan 2014 11:02

loyalroyal4life
Cypry
loyalroyal4life Anyone think this may be a move on part of club to show the fans we are 'active'?

Calculated move in that we never really expected to get him and forest had him all along?

What, so we told Bruce to go public with our bid?
Do behave....why is it some will try every angle to discredit the club? Loyal my arse.....

Bruce went public not us, we dont need to tell him anything if we know we are going for a player who was never likely to join anyway

Erm - if you really believe that the club is somehow engineering this to in some way placate the fans, and show we are "active", then there's not much point in doing it if the fans aren't told. To my knowledge the only person who's said anything about it is Bruce, RFC have, as usual in the context of transfer negotiations, said nothing....

So for your theory to hold water it would mean that the club would have had to have told/asked Bruce to go public, otherwise nobody would have known about the bid, and nobody would be "deceived" into thinking the club was active, when in fact, the whole thing's just an elaborate ploy......

Sometimes I just despair about the desire of some, so called, Reading "fans" to discredit the club in every way, and produce these ridiculous conspiracy theories - you need to take a long hard look at yourself....

HoneyRoastHoax
Hob Nob Regular

by HoneyRoastHoax » 14 Jan 2014 11:15

My two penneth is Hobbs needed a scan and Hull will delay the recall so Forest will pay for it rather then them.

Doesn't mean that he's staying there.

You broke him, you will be contracted to declare the extent of the damage.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 14 Jan 2014 12:02

Cypry
Erm - if you really believe that the club is somehow engineering this to in some way placate the fans, and show we are "active", then there's not much point in doing it if the fans aren't told. To my knowledge the only person who's said anything about it is Bruce, RFC have, as usual in the context of transfer negotiations, said nothing....

So for your theory to hold water it would mean that the club would have had to have told/asked Bruce to go public, otherwise nobody would have known about the bid, and nobody would be "deceived" into thinking the club was active, when in fact, the whole thing's just an elaborate ploy......

Sometimes I just despair about the desire of some, so called, Reading "fans" to discredit the club in every way, and produce these ridiculous conspiracy theories - you need to take a long hard look at yourself....

Just offering an opinion which once again gets jumped on by someone ever so sensitive about what may or may not happen. Anyway, I heard that Clark Hunt buying the Club was merely an internet rumour. Who would be so wicked to do something like that?

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 14 Jan 2014 12:23

Hobbs is out for two weeks apparently.

Esteban

by Esteban » 14 Jan 2014 13:23

Set to sign a pre-contract deal with Forest, according to BBC Sport.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25728743

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 14 Jan 2014 13:24

Very unlikely this will happen

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 14 Jan 2014 13:25

Esteban Set to sign a pre-contract deal with Forest, according to BBC Sport.

They can't do that until 3 months before his contract is up. So basically he'll be sat in Hull Reserves for the rest of the season

Elm Park Pasty

by Elm Park Pasty » 14 Jan 2014 13:32

TBM

They can't do that until 3 months before his contract is up. So basically he'll be sat in Hull Reserves for the rest of the season

I was thinking something along those lines, as I thought domestic rules were different from International. However, Lewandowski at Dortmund has announced a pre-agreement with Bayern so now I haven't a clue.
Last edited by Elm Park Pasty on 14 Jan 2014 13:35, edited 1 time in total.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 14 Jan 2014 13:34

Even if he can sign one now, Hull could let him rot for the rest of the season.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 14 Jan 2014 13:42

I can understand why Hull would want to cash in on Hobbs but it is a bit late with barely 6 months left on his contract to worry about that now. At least while he is at Forest I would suspect that some of his wages would be picked up. If Hobbs was slung into the reserves, Hull would lose more. I would put it down as a bit of a punt by Reading that has not come off.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 14 Jan 2014 13:58

Elm Park Pasty
TBM

I was thinking something along those lines, as I thought domestic rules were different from International. However, Lewandowski at Dortmund has announced a pre-agreement with Bayern so now I haven't a clue.

that could be nothing more than a handshake and gentleman's agreement. In fact probably all it is.

Elm Park Pasty

by Elm Park Pasty » 14 Jan 2014 13:59

Terminal Boardom I can understand why Hull would want to cash in on Hobbs but it is a bit late with barely 6 months left on his contract to worry about that now. At least while he is at Forest I would suspect that some of his wages would be picked up. If Hobbs was slung into the reserves, Hull would lose more. I would put it down as a bit of a punt by Reading that has not come off.

Not to mention just cos a player is on loan doesn't mean they want to stay there, always worth asking the question. If a pre-agreement is in the offing then I wouldn't be surprised to see a transfer for an undisclosed fee in the next week or so. I also wouldn't be surprised to see more of this happening.

ankeny
Hob Nob Regular

by ankeny » 14 Jan 2014 15:34

Nottingham Forest have completed the signing of Hull City defender Jack Hobbs on a season-long loan.

The deal for the 24 year old will become permanent at the end of the 2013-14 campaign, when Hobbs will commence a pre-agreed two-year contract which will keep him at The City Ground until the summer of 2016.

The former Liverpool trainee was an important cog in The Tigers’ defensive wheel last season, recovering well from a knee injury to make 22 appearances as Steve Bruce’s men gained automatic promotion to the Premier League.

Hobbs is no stranger to success. In addition to last season’s promotion, he played a pivotal role in Leicester’s League One-winning 2008-09 campaign and has picked up a number of personal accolades over the course of his career thus far.

Reds manager Billy Davies was delighted with his latest acquisition.

He said: “We are very pleased to welcome Jack to the club.

“He has for some time been recognised as one of the brightest defensive prospects outside the Premier League and I am delighted that we have been able to bring him in.

“To target players of his calibre is easy - the difficult part is making the deal happen. Not only do signings like this further signal our intentions this season, but they also highlight the hard work that is going on behind the scenes to ensure we are a force to be reckoned with.

“Things are slowly falling into place - there is still a lot of work to be done, but Jack is another piece in the jigsaw

Read more at http://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/news/ ... XuTbZ5f.99

415 posts