Rumour - Jack Hobbs

415 posts
maffff
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Rumour - Jack Hobbs

by maffff » 24 Jan 2014 13:01

Royal Ginger Or perhaps very simply, we thought we'd have the funds by now but the takeover is taking longer than anticipated, so we don't. No conspiracy.

That's what happened with Sharp. If it were any team other than Donny after Sharp we'd still be in pole position I imagine.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 24 Jan 2014 13:10

Royal Ginger Or perhaps very simply, we thought we'd have the funds by now but the takeover is taking longer than anticipated, so we don't. No conspiracy.

Seems likely

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 24 Jan 2014 13:41

Nameless Why would we go around making phantom bids for players?

Maybe we are prioritising on position? Maybe SJM wasn't just talking nonsense when he promised 'some' money would be available.

Who knows. I know I'm utterly fed up with the speculation though. SJM promises money, then we miss out on a striker the manager confirmed today we wanted, also that we cannot offer Baird a contract yet, and then more rumours about big offers for Hobbs. I'm treating anything I hear from the club or in the media as bollocks until a player holds the shirt at an official unveiling.

Hobbs Nobs Anyone?

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 24 Jan 2014 15:22

actually the omani offer has been exceeded by the americans, so the board can no longer bank on the money that the omanis had agreed to give us up front for buying players in the window.

HoneyRoastHoax
Hob Nob Regular

by HoneyRoastHoax » 24 Jan 2014 15:23

melonhead

actually the omani offer has been exceeded by the americans, so the board can no longer bank on the money that the omanis had agreed to give us up front for buying players in the window.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 24 Jan 2014 15:25

:lol:

am i the boat?

or is my post the boat? smashing through the broken wreckage of hearsay and rumour all around me through the power of truth

SydenhamRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SydenhamRoyal » 24 Jan 2014 15:31

SPARTA

Maybe we are prioritising on position? Maybe SJM wasn't just talking nonsense when he promised 'some' money would be available.

Who knows. I know I'm utterly fed up with the speculation though. SJM promises money, then we miss out on a striker the manager confirmed today we wanted, also that we cannot offer Baird a contract yet, and then more rumours about big offers for Hobbs. I'm treating anything I hear from the club or in the media as bollocks until a player holds the shirt at an official unveiling.

Hobbs Nobs Anyone?

:roll:

HoneyRoastHoax
Hob Nob Regular

by HoneyRoastHoax » 24 Jan 2014 15:39

melonhead :lol:

am i the boat?

or is my post the boat? smashing through the broken wreckage of hearsay and rumour all around me through the power of truth

post boat, smashing in there

Charles Watts ‏@charles_watts 6m

On Hobbs, am told #ReadingFC maintain strong interest. Know exactly what it will take to get him. But as usual, takeover dependent.

1871 not 1998

by 1871 not 1998 » 25 Jan 2014 19:33

If that's possible then you have to ask why call him back from Forest.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 26 Jan 2014 11:43

1871 not 1998

Loan can be made permanent outside the window, so possibly an agreement in place for us to sign once the takeover completes?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 26 Jan 2014 11:59

SPARTA

Yeah, like he was stupid/talking nonsense/feeding the fans bullshit not long before that when he was making out all was fine, that AZ was still fully committed to the club but that he (JM) didn't know when AZ would next be seen because AZ didn't tell him (the club chairman) what his diary arrangements were!

He has spent much of his time here giving the fans the mushroom treatment and has gone into overdrive in that respect over the past few months.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 26 Jan 2014 12:46

I don't like all the misleading, and it seems to have been a common thing for a few years now, but to slate SJM for telling fans all was well when it clearly isn't, isn't really fair. If he came out and made public just what a mess we are in behind the scenes, the value of the club would decrease instantly! It would also mean us being inundated with unsuitable types wanting to turn Reading into the next Portsmouth! Whilst I am sick and tired of being sold lies about ambition and budgets, and seeing the manager let down by the same false promises, I wont jump on SJM's back for doing his best to sell the club at the best possible price, and at the same time keep the wrong types of new owner away from the club!

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 26 Jan 2014 20:21

Stranded
1871 not 1998

Loan can be made permanent outside the window, so possibly an agreement in place for us to sign once the takeover completes?

But then Hull don't get a fee which we've apparently already had accepted

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 27 Jan 2014 12:00

http://t.co/S3Te4l89VD

Reading FC target Jack Hobbs to decide his own future

27 Jan 2014 11:32
Hull City boss Steve Bruce says defender needs to make up his mind amid bids from Reading, Nottingham Forest and Wigan.

Reading target Jack Hobbs' future is in his own hands according to Hull City boss Steve Bruce.

The 25-year-old had been expected to complete a permanent deal to Nottingham Forest after the City Ground outfit agreed a fee for the defender last week.

But the move never materialised and Hobbs, who spent the first half of the season with Forest, has now returned to the KC Stadium.

Hull are keen to sell him before Friday's 11pm transfer deadline, however, as he is out of contract at the end of the season and could leave for free.

And the Tigers claim they have received bids from both Reading and Wigan for the powerful centre-back.

Bruce said: "We accepted an offer from Forest on the 14th and for whatever reason they haven't got it done.

"It's back in Jack's court and back in Forest's court. We've had another offer from Reading and we've had an offer from Wigan. It's my job to do the best deal for the football club.

"Jack and Forest haven't been able to agree a deal as far as I'm concerned so I'm not the right one to ask.

"It's up to Jack to agree a deal so the ball is in his court."

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 27 Jan 2014 12:14

SPARTA http://t.co/S3Te4l89VD

Hull City boss Steve Bruce says defender needs to make up his mind amid bids from Reading, Nottingham Forest and Wigan.

Reading target Jack Hobbs' future is in his own hands according to Hull City boss Steve Bruce.

The 25-year-old had been expected to complete a permanent deal to Nottingham Forest after the City Ground outfit agreed a fee for the defender last week.

But the move never materialised and Hobbs, who spent the first half of the season with Forest, has now returned to the KC Stadium.

Hull are keen to sell him before Friday's 11pm transfer deadline, however, as he is out of contract at the end of the season and could leave for free.

And the Tigers claim they have received bids from both Reading and Wigan for the powerful centre-back.

Bruce said: "We accepted an offer from Forest on the 14th and for whatever reason they haven't got it done.

"It's back in Jack's court and back in Forest's court. We've had another offer from Reading and we've had an offer from Wigan. It's my job to do the best deal for the football club.

"Jack and Forest haven't been able to agree a deal as far as I'm concerned so I'm not the right one to ask.

A couple of weeks ago, wasn't Bruce quoted as saying our offer had been accepted? If that's the case, why do/did we need to go back with ANOTHER offer?? That makes no sense....

By the sound of it, Forest have decided to try and off set some of the money they didn't expect to pay out on transfer fees by not offering Hobbs what he was expecting in salary.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 27 Jan 2014 12:16

Mr Angry

A couple of weeks ago, wasn't Bruce quoted as saying our offer had been accepted? If that's the case, why do/did we need to go back with ANOTHER offer?? That makes no sense....

By the sound of it, Forest have decided to try and off set some of the money they didn't expect to pay out on transfer fees by not offering Hobbs what he was expecting in salary.

Thats how I read it at first but I suspect he means an offer other than Forests rather than us putting in a 2nd offer.

Cypry

by Cypry » 27 Jan 2014 12:21

Vision
Mr Angry

Thats how I read it at first but I suspect he means an offer other than Forests rather than us putting in a 2nd offer.

I read it that we put in the first offer, then Forest went in with an offer (which presumably bettered our first one), so we have then gone back with an improved offer to better theirs....

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 27 Jan 2014 12:29

Some anecdotal stuff going around saying that we and Wigan would be happy to offer Hobbs 5 or so k more than Forest are willing to, deal stalled as he wouldn't agree terms and the deadline that was given to Forest passed so he was recalled (firstly came from a Forest 'ITK' [with no track history of claiming ITK] everything which he said happened) - all of which does correlate with what Bruce has been saying since too.

Odd.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 27 Jan 2014 12:39

As Bruce says the choice is Hobbs'. It's not a bidding war because our original offer was accepted. No point in Forest or Wigan bidding more, let alone us, when it's the player they need to convince not the club.

Hobbs of course may gamble on waiting it out until the end of the season when he's on a free before committing fully to 1 of 3 clubs that could potentially be in the top flight next season.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 27 Jan 2014 12:39

maffff Some anecdotal stuff going around saying that we and Wigan would be happy to offer Hobbs 5 or so k more than Forest are willing to, deal stalled as he wouldn't agree terms and the deadline that was given to Forest passed so he was recalled (firstly came from a Forest 'ITK' [with no track history of claiming ITK] everything which he said happened) - all of which does correlate with what Bruce has been saying since too.

Odd.

Here is a potential scenario; Hobbs wants to go to Forest and Forest want Hobbs, but Forest don't want to pay Hull the £600K + for the player. Other teams (us and Wigan) come in for the player, but Forest have said that if he stays at Hull till the Summer - when they get him for free - they (Forest) will give him a much larger signing on fee and salary. So at this time, Forest offer a much lower salary to the player.

Hobbs' agent tells his client to stay put as its only a few months and then the player gets a free to Forest and financially a much better deal (and of course, the agent will get a big chunk of that difference) then either us or Wigan would offer now.

Hull's hands are tied IF the player rejects any move and so stays till the end of the season.

415 posts