Speculation Brooklyn Beckham

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

Speculation Brooklyn Beckham

by linkenholtroyal » 25 Feb 2015 12:08

Brooklyn Beckham is being released by the arsenal academy at the end of the season at the age of 15 as he has not developed to the level expected. Would this be a terrible acquisition for our academy, arsenal rejects have done well for us before (Sidwell Harper). anyone else got any Thoughts, plays RM BTW

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Speculation Brooklyn Beckham

by Scutterbucketz » 25 Feb 2015 12:29

I still like the look of that Callum Best. Especially now hes sorted his hair out.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 25 Feb 2015 12:35

None of us have seen him play, so it is difficult for us to form a sensible opinion.

I would suggest that there is a considerable difference between a 19 year old capable of being loaned to Cardiff or a 20 year old with successful loans at Brighton and Brentford under his belt, and a 15 year old quite possibly only signed because his father is one of the best wingers the country has ever seen. Hal Robson-Kanu might be a better comparison.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 25 Feb 2015 12:40

His pedigree alone must be worth a punt, plus the pr may bring investment to the club even if he never plays

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 25 Feb 2015 13:01

Have you heard of Edinho? Seen the older Josh Webb tearing things up for us recently?

Anyone who would "invest" in us because we have a celebrity on the books is an idiot I don't want investing in us. Our Academy is for developing future players, not signing celebrities to clean Theo Alexis' boots.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 25 Feb 2015 13:05

SCIAG Have you heard of Edinho? Seen the older Josh Webb tearing things up for us recently?

Anyone who would "invest" in us because we have a celebrity on the books is an idiot I don't want investing in us. Our Academy is for developing future players, not signing celebrities to clean Theo Alexis' boots.

He'd still be worth a look at I would have thought, to make it into Arsenal's academy up to the age of 15 is still impressive so he might have something about him.

Although I would have thought the club would be aware of players like Brooklyn Beckham already, especially when they're going off around Europe and America picking up youngsters for the academy.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 25 Feb 2015 13:06

SCIAG Have you heard of Edinho?

Yep, played for Bradford in the mid 90's and his son played for Blackburn Rovers.

Unless you mean the one doing a bit of time in Brazil.

Anyway, back to Brooklyn. Bit of a PR stunt by Arsenal if you ask me, especially when you consider David Beckham is from Tottenham territory. Probably not one to look at, especially when he's talking about hanging up his boots. I'm sure there's scope for him to be the new Jack Osbourne or a celebrity clotheshorse somewhere

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 25 Feb 2015 13:57

From Despair To Where?
SCIAG Have you heard of Edinho?

Yep, played for Bradford in the mid 90's and his son played for Blackburn Rovers.

Unless you mean the one doing a bit of time in Brazil.

Anyway, back to Brooklyn. Bit of a PR stunt by Arsenal if you ask me, especially when you consider David Beckham is from Tottenham territory. Probably not one to look at, especially when he's talking about hanging up his boots. I'm sure there's scope for him to be the new Jack Osbourne or a celebrity clotheshorse somewhere

Anybody just thought the kid may just want to play football??

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 25 Feb 2015 18:42

linkenholtroyal Anybody just thought the kid may just want to play football??

Well, yes i have but the reports say he's considering quitting the game so that would probably be a no at a professional level.

In all honesty, i wouldn't want to play the game professionally if i was him. He'd never escape the scrutiny of being David Beckham's son.

My point was more that with his lineage, he could land a hundred and one jobs in tv or something like that where his parantage would assist him in getting work but it's significantly different from what they do to try to make a name for himself in his own right.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 26 Feb 2015 12:51

From Despair To Where?
linkenholtroyal Anybody just thought the kid may just want to play football??

Well, yes i have but the reports say he's considering quitting the game so that would probably be a no at a professional level.

In all honesty, i wouldn't want to play the game professionally if i was him. He'd never escape the scrutiny of being David Beckham's son.

My point was more that with his lineage, he could land a hundred and one jobs in tv or something like that where his parantage would assist him in getting work but it's significantly different from what they do to try to make a name for himself in his own right.

and its not as if he needs the money....

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 26 Feb 2015 14:27

Yeah, kids rarely shake the title of famous fathers, people still think Kasper Schmeichel is far better than he actually is, albeit, he is still a solid keeper.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 26 Feb 2015 17:21

Would be good in terms of getting the club profile raised and esp. with appearances at the stadium from time to time by mummy and daddy but it cones down to whether he's good enough to make it and has the determination to see it through with all the comparisons he'd attract

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by TBM » 27 Feb 2015 12:34

Sutekh Would be good in terms of getting the club profile raised and esp. with appearances at the stadium from time to time by mummy and daddy but it cones down to whether he's good enough to make it and has the determination to see it through with all the comparisons he'd attract

Arsenal have said there are 2 or 3 players in his position that are better and the only reason he was "fast tracked" to the U18's is cos half of them were away on Internationals.

Plymouth_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Plymouth_Royal » 27 Feb 2015 13:00

I can't beleive this has even been suggested.

I've seen him play a couple of times and read a few reports on his performances. He simply is not good enough and isnt better than what we have already. If his dad wasn't famous I doubt and his borther Romeo wasnt there I doubt he would be picked up by a top cademy. His signing for them reminded me a lot of the Edwards brothers situation. One was good and the other we sign for a year and see what happens.

Out of the 3 Cruz is the most talented from what I've heard.

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 27 Feb 2015 15:28

Saw him play a spell for the QPR youth team a couple seasons back and he did nothing except sit out on the wide right watching the game. Never did any running, didn't want the ball and looked out of place.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 28 Feb 2015 05:56

Geekins Saw him play a spell for the QPR youth team a couple seasons back and he did nothing except sit out on the wide right watching the game. Never did any running, didn't want the ball and looked out of place.

Like Father like Son then?

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by TBM » 03 Mar 2015 10:22

I think cos of this lad, is why Arsenal aren't keeping Beckham

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqcKa4Dkve8

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 04 Mar 2015 10:03

TBM I think cos of this lad, is why Arsenal aren't keeping Beckham

looks like a hairdresser

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 04 Mar 2015 11:21

Errr.............with respect I used to be able to do that and I got nowhere near Bracknell Town reserves. :shock:

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by TBM » 04 Mar 2015 11:39

Gordons Cumming

Errr.............with respect I used to be able to do that and I got nowhere near Bracknell Town reserves. :shock:

Watch him in some other footage...

I'm just saying Arsenal are pinning their hopes on this lad, over Beckham