RUMOUR: Karacan to Bournemouth

14 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

RUMOUR: Karacan to Bournemouth

by Reading4eva » 12 May 2015 17:49

This has been mentioned several times today that they are looking at signing Karacan

Bad news if true

GH Royal

Re: RUMOUR: Karacan to Bournemouth

by GH Royal » 12 May 2015 18:00

2 serious injuries over the past 2 seasons resulting in him barely making any appearances. Fans have stuck by him and showed him nothing but support throughout, as he deserved IMO as he's one of our own and a good player.

However, now should be the time he repays that loyalty and support, sign a one year deal and show us he's fit enough to earn a longer contract. If he's fit he knows he'll get game time, be offered an extension or attract other clubs, if he gets injured again then we were right to be sceptical and he would of robbed 2/3 years wages off us.

Also to me his article on GetReading came across a bit 'come and get me' and money grabbing, didn't appreciate it.

tlcs

by tlcs » 12 May 2015 18:01

Is it half term already !!!

Einstein agogo
Hob Nob Regular

by Einstein agogo » 12 May 2015 19:43

This is a total bo l icks story , so ignore! :roll:

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 12 May 2015 20:29

Reading4eva This has been mentioned several times today that they are looking at signing Karacan

Bad news if true

:lol:

More fool them if they do. Besides, they're loaded, they can afford better players than Jem

Plymouth_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Plymouth_Royal » 13 May 2015 08:45

I wouldn't blame him if he did. He's been unlucky in a sense that his injuries have been caused by bad tackles and not like he is injury prone, so I don't think he has anything to prove in that sense. However, if they offered him 2 years with an option to extend a further year based and he was reluctant about it I would be miffed.

You have to ask yourself too, if there were doubts about his fitness, why would a premier league team offer him a longer (I'm assuming) contract?

Coppelled_Streets

by Coppelled_Streets » 13 May 2015 08:54

I wouldn't blame any of them for leaving after what they (we've) been through this last couple of seasons, but in the same breath I don't think we'd miss him either, or most of the others. It's time to rebuild and bring back that togetherness which has been missing for too long. I'm looking forward to some big changes this summer.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 13 May 2015 10:48

There is a trigger on the contract that if he plays a certain amount of games his contract is automatically renewed. Feds Pearce and jem have been offered significantly reduced deals so are waiting to see what happens with other interest etc

PeterReadingborn59

by PeterReadingborn59 » 13 May 2015 12:28

Jem in the Get Reading article implied he has been offered a year contract, but naturally he wants a longer contract, seems bit like watching the club and players play poker, the club saying they want Jem but with his two season absence record and potential injury risk a longer deal is risky, while Jem is mid-career and wants more stability. Think most would like to see Jem, but a move might suit both the player and club rebuild process.

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 13 May 2015 17:50

Shock horror. Player offered more money, longer contract and premiership football considers it!

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 17 May 2015 13:13

Plymouth_Royal I wouldn't blame him if he did. He's been unlucky in a sense that his injuries have been caused by bad tackles and not like he is injury prone, so I don't think he has anything to prove in that sense. However, if they offered him 2 years with an option to extend a further year based and he was reluctant about it I would be miffed.

You have to ask yourself too, if there were doubts about his fitness, why would a premier league team offer him a longer (I'm assuming) contract?

It doesn't really how the injuries were caused they might still longer term physical or mental damage that makes him less of player than he was before.

As for why other teams might offer him more. We'll surely that's likely to be a simple question of budgets and affordability. It's not hard to imagine Karacan being offered £15/20k to be a squad player at Bournemouth who've just won the £100m Premier League windful but only being offers £10/15k here as a more important member of the team.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 18 May 2015 09:11

Hoop Blah
Plymouth_Royal I wouldn't blame him if he did. He's been unlucky in a sense that his injuries have been caused by bad tackles and not like he is injury prone, so I don't think he has anything to prove in that sense. However, if they offered him 2 years with an option to extend a further year based and he was reluctant about it I would be miffed.

It doesn't really how the injuries were caused they might still longer term physical or mental damage that makes him less of player than he was before.

As for why other teams might offer him more. We'll surely that's likely to be a simple question of budgets and affordability. It's not hard to imagine Karacan being offered £15/20k to be a squad player at Bournemouth who've just won the £100m Premier League windful but only being offers £10/15k here as a more important member of the team.

You been drinking or what?

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 18 May 2015 12:37

You don't think Bournemouth or Watford would be able to afford to pay him more than us then?

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 21 May 2015 15:15

less likely we have offered him 15

14 posts   •   Page 1 of 1