Rumour: Ahmed Akaïchi

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Rumour: Ahmed Akaïchi

by Royal Ginger » 29 Jul 2015 01:27

Mr.Swainey :|

I don't think it would take a genius to work out that Tunisian football is going to be of a much lesser standard.

:| Yourself

I'd say that Irish football isn't quite up to the standard of the Championship but we've done ok recruiting from there, and how about Austrian football, didn't want Beric no?

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 29 Jul 2015 09:21

robinsfriday All looks legit to me.

why is Rooney hitting Hammond in the balls with a set of football boots??

Mr.Swainey

by Mr.Swainey » 29 Jul 2015 12:36

Royal Ginger

I don't think it would take a genius to work out that Tunisian football is going to be of a much lesser standard.

I'd say that Irish football isn't quite up to the standard of the Championship but we've done ok recruiting from there, and how about Austrian football, didn't want Beric no?

Apart from Kevin Doyle and Shane Long, the rest of them have been oxf*rd shite. Beric has played in European competitions, so that is a completely different comparison.

wiggso

by wiggso » 29 Jul 2015 13:09

Mr.Swainey
Royal Ginger

Apart from Kevin Doyle and Shane Long, the rest of them have been oxf*rd shite. Beric has played in European competitions, so that is a completely different comparison.

The point you are making is that because he is from the Tunisian league it would be a bad move right? As the Tunisian league is of worse quality than the championship....What about other African players that come to European football and succeeded? By that logic we shouldn't take on players from league 1 or 2 either.

Very strange comment

YateleyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Either screwing or working, so the grind don't stop

by YateleyRoyal » 29 Jul 2015 16:28

Mr.Swainey
Royal Ginger

But Long and Doyle still prove that you can get quality from supposedly 'lesser' leagues...

Rollerbob

by Rollerbob » 29 Jul 2015 16:58

Mr.Swainey
Royal Ginger

Aren't 9 out of 10 good footballers signed from 'lesser clubs' in 'lesser leagues' at some point in their careers? Lets look at Southampton (random choice - could literally pick any club in the world)..

Shane Long - West Brom signed him in 2011 from Reading, a lesser club in a lesser league.
Jay Rodriguez - Southampton signed him in 2012 from Burnley, a lesser club in a lesser league.
Graziano Pelle - In 2011, Parma signed him from AZ Alkmaar, a lesser club in a lesser league.
Gaston Ramirez - in 2010, Bologna signed him from Peñarol, a lesser club in a lesser sodding league.

What the hell. Your point is ridiculous. As players get better, they sign for better clubs. As if you'd turn a good player down because he isn't playing for a team as good as Reading, or in a league as good as the Champ. Pipe down, and think before you speak.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 29 Jul 2015 17:00

had this argument before on here, half our promotion wiining side of 2005- 2006 was henpicked from lower leagues or leagues of a lower standard. but apparently according to people on here we are now meant to be looking at a better standard of player (More expensive) that what we always have done. I personally like being the underdogs with a transfer record of 2 millionish. its not how big there egos are it is whether they play for the club with passion for the club (Drenthe, Pogrebnyaek etc) not just playing for a pay cheque.
Rant over

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 29 Jul 2015 17:02

There's also the argument, that for every Shane Long or Kevin Doyle, there's a David Mooney or Karl Sheppard.

Rollerbob

by Rollerbob » 29 Jul 2015 17:07

Pepe the Horseman There's also the argument, that for every Shane Long or Kevin Doyle, there's a David Mooney or Karl Sheppard.

Absolutely, but saying... "oooh no, this next signing could be a David Mooney or Karl Sheppard" shouldn't stop us from signing players who could actually be good.

I'd take 5 David Mooney's if we could unearth another Kevin Doyle. We lost nothing on Mr. Mooney. Just sat in the reserves for a bit, then moved on.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 29 Jul 2015 17:12

you also have to think we could spend 2 million on emerse fae and he still be a flop or by 10 league 2 prospect for that price and likely get 3 fist team players no brainer to me. we are looking for talent in the wrong places

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 29 Jul 2015 17:16

Rollerbob
Pepe the Horseman There's also the argument, that for every Shane Long or Kevin Doyle, there's a David Mooney or Karl Sheppard.

Absolutely, but saying... "oooh no, this next signing could be a David Mooney or Karl Sheppard" shouldn't stop us from signing players who could actually be good.

I'd take 5 David Mooney's if we could unearth another Kevin Doyle. We lost nothing on Mr. Mooney. Just sat in the reserves for a bit, then moved on.

Might not lose us money, but it's not exactly helpful if we're looking to significantly improve the squad is it?

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 29 Jul 2015 17:17

Have we actually unearthed any gems since Doyle and Long? It's been ten years.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 29 Jul 2015 17:19

Pepe the Horseman Have we actually unearthed any gems since Doyle and Long? It's been ten years.

not quite to there standard but Antonio?

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 29 Jul 2015 17:23

Yeh, did consider him. Although he's only really been a success since he left,

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 29 Jul 2015 17:29

Sean Morrison
Adam le Fondre

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 29 Jul 2015 17:51

linkenholtroyal Sean Morrison
Adam le Fondre

Morrison maybe, but Le Fondre had a growing reputation long before he joined us.

Mr.Swainey

by Mr.Swainey » 29 Jul 2015 17:59

Rollerbob getting a bit hot under the collar, it's a oxf*rd rumour, no need to get so worked up.

:lol:

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 29 Jul 2015 18:20

linkenholtroyal Sean Morrison
Adam le Fondre

Le Fondre was a prolific lower league goal scorer. Hardly an unknown punt. Even Morrison is a bit of a stretch with 50 odd games for a League One side. Not sure if he was particularly cheap either.

Royalcop

by Royalcop » 29 Jul 2015 20:24

Pepe the Horseman Have we actually unearthed any gems since Doyle and Long? It's been ten years.

Kebe came from the French second division and was hardly a big name.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 29 Jul 2015 21:09

International footballer signed from a French top flight team.