Clarke to sunderland?

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Clarke to sunderland?

by The Cap » 07 Oct 2015 22:19

Ginger Ninjas wrote:
Clarke to Chelsea if/when Mourinho goes?!

Must admit this topic came up in conversation at the weekend and the general consensus seemed to be that, even though Clarke has previous at the Bridge, it would still be a leap of faith for him at this time. That being said, it would surely prove beneficial to revise his contract at the earliest opportunity.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 07 Oct 2015 22:36

Libertine Someday Clarke will leave...but it will be someplace much farther up the food chain than Sunderland. And part of that process will be getting Reading to the PL to stay.

100% this.

bobby m's syrup

by bobby m's syrup » 08 Oct 2015 09:23

Oilroyal
Libertine Someday Clarke will leave...but it will be someplace much farther up the food chain than Sunderland. And part of that process will be getting Reading to the PL to stay.

100% this.

it will take more than Clarke's management to establish RFC as a force in the Premiership. Investment is vital.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 08 Oct 2015 11:51

The Cap
Ginger Ninjas wrote:
Clarke to Chelsea if/when Mourinho goes?!

Must admit this topic came up in conversation at the weekend and the general consensus seemed to be that, even though Clarke has previous at the Bridge, it would still be a leap of faith for him at this time. That being said, it would surely prove beneficial to revise his contract at the earliest opportunity.

Whilst I agree, Chelsea's mid-season appointments haven't always been high quality. Di Matteo hadn't achieved much more than Clarke, and Grant definitely hadn't, but they both reached the CL final and Di Matteo won.

There isn't really an obvious Hiddink figure to step in if Jose leaves, unless Ancelotti comes back. If Rodgers is too tainted by his failure at Liverpool and poor signing record, then Clarke might be seen as a good stop gap until Guardiola becomes available. I don't think that's likely, but it's probably the only way he'd leave.

And if he did leave... how about Rodgers to succeed him?

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 08 Oct 2015 11:59

I think Clarke would have to prove his cojones at Premier League level before Chelsea would ever consider him.

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 08 Oct 2015 12:49

SCIAG wrote:

I would say 'now there's food for thought'. However, no pun intended, you certainly know how to get a bloke to choke on his cornflakes :lol:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 08 Oct 2015 18:19

SCIAG

I was open to this idea later in his career despite thinking he was horrendous with us first time around. But he's demonstrated he's as full of shit as ever at Liverpool, so I'll pass thanks.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 08 Oct 2015 20:22

Just checked the William Hill site. SC isn`t even in the betting behind big Sam who is 1/10 favourite

JIM

by JIM » 08 Oct 2015 22:12

Sun want premier league experience only