RUMOUR: Clarke to Fulham

306 posts
Lacoste

Re: RUMOUR: Clarke to Fulham

by Lacoste » 19 Nov 2015 16:01

Sutekh Shouldn't we at least wait to see what the story behind all this is exactly. Despite all the media cobblers it might be more that ffc approached and sc had a conversation after rfc accepted the approach. Sc then spoke to ffc out of courtesy but told them to do one.

Hardly think that sc was angling for a move to ffc only to tell them to do one once he had talks as agents would have most likely primed him beforehand as to what was lon the table

Anyhow if he shows loyalty and stays should he not have the benefit depending on what is put out as the backstory

:lol:

You don't go and speak to another company out of courtesy if you don't want the job.

Ohhhhh, Burger King want me, There is no way i'll drop what I'm doing now to serve burgers, but I'll go and meet them out of courtesy :lol:

The salary was there for Clarke, he didn't take it because there is too much involvement from this Rigg fella upstairs. He'll be gone as soon as another offer comes in.

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 19 Nov 2015 16:01

I'd say that it's more likely there was something he didn't like the look of in the Fulham job rather than an overwhelming desire to stay with us.

Shame really.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 19 Nov 2015 16:02

Why is everyone jumping to the conclusion that Clarke wanted out?

Typical modernday fickle football fans. Absolute joke the lot of you. How about we wait and see who made the moves before we hang up one of our own as judas?
Last edited by Jagermesiter1871 on 19 Nov 2015 16:20, edited 1 time in total.

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 19 Nov 2015 16:03

Scutterbucketz I'd say that it's more likely there was something he didn't like the look of in the Fulham job rather than an overwhelming desire to stay with us.

Shame really.

Yep, as posted above.

If it really is the compo, though. Just reduce it FFS. Better to have a bit of money coming in than having to pay to sack the pcunt.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 19 Nov 2015 16:06

You've gotta laugh at Fulham who are now moving onto their 3rd choice :lol:

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 19 Nov 2015 16:07

Lacoste
Sutekh Shouldn't we at least wait to see what the story behind all this is exactly. Despite all the media cobblers it might be more that ffc approached and sc had a conversation after rfc accepted the approach. Sc then spoke to ffc out of courtesy but told them to do one.

Hardly think that sc was angling for a move to ffc only to tell them to do one once he had talks as agents would have most likely primed him beforehand as to what was lon the table

Anyhow if he shows loyalty and stays should he not have the benefit depending on what is put out as the backstory

You don't go and speak to another company out of courtesy if you don't want the job.

Ohhhhh, Burger King want me, There is no way i'll drop what I'm doing now to serve burgers, but I'll go and meet them out of courtesy :lol:

The salary was there for Clarke, he didn't take it because there is too much involvement from this Rigg fella upstairs. He'll be gone as soon as another offer comes in.

This is a man who already works under a Director of Football, a Chief Executive and three Club Owners. I doubt it's the interference from upstairs that bothered him.

Drew_3

by Drew_3 » 19 Nov 2015 16:08

Wanted him to stay, wasn't gutted when it looked like he was leaving just annoyed after all the changes he was allowed to make but now I can't see how he can stay?

They may try and spin it and say he never asked to go/he rejected the advances of Fulham out of hand but his position is surely now untenable.

URZZZZZ

by URZZZZZ » 19 Nov 2015 16:09

He better fcuk off to Fulham.
Had £40 on him at 10-1 yesterday morning

Dixeyroyal

by Dixeyroyal » 19 Nov 2015 16:10

UpThePrem

by UpThePrem » 19 Nov 2015 16:12

sandman
Lacoste

This is a man who already works under a Director of Football, a Chief Executive and three Club Owners. I doubt it's the interference from upstairs that bothered him.

It looks like he has the choice of players here though and leaves it to them upstairs to do the deals. From what I gather, Rigg picked the players and signs them and SC would have no say in who comes in. Really can't see him wanting that.

RustyRoyal

by RustyRoyal » 19 Nov 2015 16:12

B... but Pearson...

URZZZZZ

by URZZZZZ » 19 Nov 2015 16:15

Dave-Royal
URZZZZZ He better fcuk off to Fulham.

how much you get u rich man

Nice little return if he goes

Hogmeister Royal

by Hogmeister Royal » 19 Nov 2015 16:18

Jagermesiter1871 Why is everyone jumping to the conclusion that Clarke wanted out?

Typical modern fickle fans. Absolute joke the lot of you. How about we wait and see who made the moves before we hang up one of our own as judas?

+1

Dixeyroyal

by Dixeyroyal » 19 Nov 2015 16:20

Why would anyone wait until we have heard the story, I have heard the bit that I need to hear and that is that he spoke to Fulham, thereby implying that he was interested in working for them, so for me he can f**k off

How can we as supporters (or the players) have any trust in him again or respect anything he has done previously, the bloke is an arrogant twat who thinks that he is better than he really is just because someone has shown an interest in him.
Does he cheat on his Wife every time another female says hello to him?

If we continue to employ this man then we will be come an even bigger laughing stock then we already are.

Can you imagine his half time team talk on Saturday if we are losing:

SC - You lot need to show more commitment out there, you should be wearing that shirt with pride. You should also remember that this club and these supporters pay your wages and you should be putting in every ounce of effort to get a result.

COLLECTIVE PLAYER RESPONSE - F**k off you knob, you didn't

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 19 Nov 2015 16:20

Wow. What a lot of knickers in a twist!

Weirdly, in the eyes of fans, players and coaches have to be "loyal" to their club regardless of what other opportunities might be around.

Last time you lot popped in the job agency was there a baying mob waiting outside demanding that you continue to flip burgers at McD's even though BK have offered to put you in charge of the drive thru?

I was a bit pissed off last night that having made wholesale changes around the club it looked like he was off without seeing the project through. Bar the last few games it looked like he was on to something. I mellowed this morning and really wouldn't have been that bothered if he went - assuming we made a decent stab of appointing a successor.

But if he stays - fair enough. Get back to winning ways, play entertaining football and I'm right back behind him. I quite like him and the ways he conducts himself. His honesty in interviews is refreshing - let's give him a chance to tell the story.

If he tells us he was offered more money, better budget, whatever but he decided against it then so what? These are the kind of decisions people in employment make every day.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 19 Nov 2015 16:21

URZZZZZ He better fcuk off to Fulham.

Gutted, I bet you were mentally spending the money already.

With regards to Clarke's conduct - if he didn't want to go anywhere all he had to do was tell them no from the start and release a statement to that effect. The fact that he didn't obviously means that either he was serious about moving to Fulham or he wanted to use it as leverage for a better contract at Reading.

Either way it's hard to have much sympathy for him. This wasn't a situation of a long serving manager deciding whether he wanted a new challenge or an amazing opportunity to go to a bigger club. This is someone who is in the middle of his first full season, trying to establish a new look team, having his head turned by the bright lights of West London and a few more quid.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 19 Nov 2015 16:22

The traitorous oxf*rd Scottish bastard should be oxf*rd off - now. No compo either, summarily dismissed for gross misconduct - let him fight the club in the courts. Yes, yes, I know we apparently gave him permission to talk to Fulham, but what choice doid we have? It would have ended up the same as Parjudas anyway.

oxf*rd CLARKE oxf*rd OUT.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 19 Nov 2015 16:24

Hogmeister Royal
Jagermesiter1871 Why is everyone jumping to the conclusion that Clarke wanted out?

Typical modern fickle fans. Absolute joke the lot of you. How about we wait and see who made the moves before we hang up one of our own as judas?

+1

Rubbish - if he was not interested he would have come out and said that rather than going ahead and speaking to Fulham.

He needs to eat some massive humble pie now for me to want him to stay. Frankly Pearson's record (assuming we could get him) is much better.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 19 Nov 2015 16:24

strap The traitorous oxf*rd Scottish bastard should be oxf*rd off - now. No compo either, summarily dismissed for gross misconduct - let him fight the club in the courts. Yes, yes, I know we apparently gave him permission to talk to Fulham, but what choice doid we have? It would have ended up the same as Parjudas anyway.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 19 Nov 2015 16:24

strap The traitorous oxf*rd Scottish bastard should be oxf*rd off - now. No compo either, summarily dismissed for gross misconduct - let him fight the club in the courts. Yes, yes, I know we apparently gave him permission to talk to Fulham, but what choice doid we have? It would have ended up the same as Parjudas anyway.

306 posts