Speculation: Kemar Roofe

Big Tim

Speculation: Kemar Roofe

by Big Tim » 27 Mar 2016 03:23

Radio Oxford commentators reported seeing both McDermott and Hammond at their home game with Stevenage on Good Friday. The only player worth scouting would have to be Kemar Roofe. A possible replacement for HRK when he goes to Swansea this summer?

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Speculation: Kemar Roofe

by 72 bus » 27 Mar 2016 10:18

Big Tim Radio Oxford commentators reported seeing both McDermott and Hammond at their home game with Stevenage on Good Friday. The only player worth scouting would have to be Kemar Roofe. A possible replacement for HRK when he goes to Swansea this summer?

Bargain basement stuff again, but at least we will soon have an ice rink, that's the main thing isn't it ?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 27 Mar 2016 12:15

A WBA academy graduate originally. 16 goals in 34 apps this season would suggest he's worth looking at if nothing else.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 27 Mar 2016 21:14

Would be all part of the "buy into youth, improve and sell on" RFC machination

Won't come too cheaply, but worth the time of our manager and money manipulator to have a look at

Or maybe it's a Johnny Mullins buy-back going on

RoyalCrisp

by RoyalCrisp » 28 Mar 2016 18:07

... Raise the Roofe?

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 28 Mar 2016 23:11

The Roofe, the Roofe, the Roofe is on fire!
We don't need no water let the oxf*rd keeper burn!

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 29 Mar 2016 11:33

I can't see this signing fixing the roof while the sun is shining.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 29 Mar 2016 12:49

72 bus Bargain basement stuff again, but at least we will soon have an ice rink, that's the main thing isn't it ?

Because the likes of Drenthe, Pog, Vydra, Matejovsky hugely outperformed the likes of Doyle, Long, Shorey, Kitson from the 'bargain basement', didn't they?

You can add the likes of Senior and Dixon to the names of great players the club has signed from the lower divisions/non-league. Whereas how many of our expensive signings over the years have been particularly successful?

I think that as a club we should be very much looking at the 'young, hungry and British' option rather than the disinterested dross we have signed/loaned from abroad over the past few years. And what better manager than the one we have now to scout out that young talent? Y'know, the bloke that a rabid minority of you want sacked.....

FWIW, Roofe would easily get into our current team. I actually think we have no hope of signing him, he's destined for bigger and better things.....

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 30 Mar 2016 10:07

Roofe is the next Deeney: England cap via Reading

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 30 Mar 2016 20:32

72 bus
Bargain basement stuff again, but at least we will soon have an ice rink, that's the main thing isn't it ?

Lots of ex prem academy players in the lower leagues . Better than overseas imports who never settle.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 05 Apr 2016 13:08

John Smith Roofe is the next Deeney: England cap via Reading

Never knew Deeney was at Reading!

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 05 Apr 2016 13:30

No Fixed Abode
John Smith Roofe is the next Deeney: England cap via Reading

Never knew Deeney was at Reading!

Get a job. Get a girlfriend. Get a life

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 05 Apr 2016 13:43

just the kind of player we should be signing, I just hope we actually are proactive with the offer early rather than dallying over the small print and someone else will swoop in and get him.

George_

by George_ » 05 Apr 2016 13:46

Went to the JPT Final Sunday. No doubt he has a lot of talent but drifts in and out of games. Would sign him though as i think surrounded by Championship quality players he could thrive.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 05 Apr 2016 14:39

72 bus
Big Tim Radio Oxford commentators reported seeing both McDermott and Hammond at their home game with Stevenage on Good Friday. The only player worth scouting would have to be Kemar Roofe. A possible replacement for HRK when he goes to Swansea this summer?

72 bus wrote, Bargain basement stuff again,

Can anyone tell me which of the record transfer signings got on well as a Royal. There is Greg Halford, and Emerse Fay, they did well didn't they! Can anyone add to these two record (at the time) signings and let us know how they got on in a Reading shirt? I think you will have to go back quite a few years to find one who "done good" The list of Bargain Basement players who did well for RFC is, of course, too numerous to list on this page.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 06 Apr 2016 00:15

The Royal Forester
72 bus

Can anyone tell me which of the record transfer signings got on well as a Royal. There is Greg Halford, and Emerse Fay, they did well didn't they! Can anyone add to these two record (at the time) signings and let us know how they got on in a Reading shirt? I think you will have to go back quite a few years to find one who "done good" The list of Bargain Basement players who did well for RFC is, of course, too numerous to list on this page.

Mcshane, quinn.
The end.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 06 Apr 2016 13:01

Mariappa's transfer fee was similar to Halford and Fae and he was a guaranteed starter for us (once McDermott gave up on Gorkss).

Seol didn't last long either but he put in some good performances and scored two good goals. Wonder whether Coppell regrets selling him.

Lita had two great seasons for us, there were cold patches and he was rarely first choice but he scored goals.

Asaba was a bit underwhelming.

Caskey was brilliant.

So I don't think our record signings have been particularly bad, but when you look at everyone we've signed for £1m+, yeah, they've been disappointing. Blackman, Sa, Mills...

quickwingerswife

by quickwingerswife » 14 Apr 2016 13:27

WBA kicking themselves for letting Roofe leave and want him back, clear from local media. Reading have made him no 1 target as an attacking midfielder. I have a mate in Walsall who knows the player and apparently he likes the look of Reading, just bollocks?, just have to wait and see.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 14 Apr 2016 15:48

The Royal Forester
72 bus

I think Craig Maskell was a record signing for us at the time. He did well. But you're right, we have to go back a long way.

Also I think Carl Asaba was another record acquisition. He did alright as well. Nothing spectacular.

The most spectacular are the ones we get for nominal sums and make them good. When money is shelled out expectations change perceptions.

Imagine if Doyle had cost us £5million. Or if Shane Long had cost us £3million. I'm sure it would have clouded our perceptions of those two. We would have run out of patience with Shane Long way before he had a chance to become successful if he was a £3million signing.

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 14 Apr 2016 16:14

John Smith Roofe is the next Deeney

he is going to go to prison for kicking someone in the head??