Speculation - loans from the Premier League

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Speculation - loans from the Premier League

by Simon's Church » 13 Aug 2020 11:00

TiagoIlori Fella from twitter who seems to be semi itk has suggested we’re interested in Trevoh Chalobah but we will he waiting until the end of the window so we can get better deals for premier league loanees.

Hudds supporting m8 said he looked good at RB and CB, terrible in midfield. So he will probably be our Pele replacement.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 13 Aug 2020 13:58

Simon's Church
TiagoIlori Fella from twitter who seems to be semi itk has suggested we’re interested in Trevoh Chalobah but we will he waiting until the end of the window so we can get better deals for premier league loanees.

Hudds supporting m8 said he looked good at RB and CB, terrible in midfield. So he will probably be our Pele replacement.

In midfield then :lol:

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 13 Aug 2020 20:10

Maybe we should get Juninho Bacuna as well and go for a team of relations of ex players.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 14 Aug 2020 23:25

Judging by twitter it feels like I am the only one who though Chabolah the younger looked like a good player when he played us.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 15 Aug 2020 10:51

NewCorkSeth Judging by twitter it feels like I am the only one who though Chabolah the younger looked like a good player when he played us.

No you are not alone.
I was quite impressed with him when he was at Ipswich and he seemed to have quite a physical presence, something that is very useful at our level in central midfield.
Wouldn't mind a pair of Chalobahs in midfield.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 16 Aug 2020 13:02

South Coast Royal
NewCorkSeth Judging by twitter it feels like I am the only one who though Chabolah the younger looked like a good player when he played us.

No you are not alone.
I was quite impressed with him when he was at Ipswich and he seemed to have quite a physical presence, something that is very useful at our level in central midfield.
Wouldn't mind a pair of Chalobahs in midfield.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 17 Aug 2020 10:53

Skipp apparently off to Norwich on loan. It was a nice idea, but we were always likely to miss out to someone higher up the food chain

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 17 Aug 2020 12:03

WestYorksRoyal Skipp apparently off to Norwich on loan. It was a nice idea, but we were always likely to miss out to someone higher up the food chain

Norwich and Ipswich have always had close links with Spurs.
We will probably be looking again at the many youngsters that are on Chelsea's books.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 17 Aug 2020 13:35

South Coast Royal
WestYorksRoyal Skipp apparently off to Norwich on loan. It was a nice idea, but we were always likely to miss out to someone higher up the food chain

We will probably be looking again at the many youngsters that are on Chelsea's books.

And so back to Lewis Baker again as it seems Reading is the only place he looks able to fulfil at least some of his potential.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 17 Aug 2020 13:48

Sutekh
South Coast Royal

And so back to Lewis Baker again as it seems Reading is the only place he looks able to fulfil at least some of his potential.

I don't think many would object to that.
BTW Chelsea have a lad from down this way called Tino Anjorin who is only 18 but has recently signed a 5-year deal.
He is a friend of a mate's son and mate says he is a likeable and unpretentious lad.

He is 6ft 1" and is an attacking midfielder capped at U17,U18,U19 and has played just the one cup game for Chelsea.
Previous loans from Chelsea have worked out well so maybe he is already on the club's radar.

You wouldn't believe ( or rather, you probably would) what he is already being paid.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 17 Aug 2020 14:49

South Coast Royal

I'm sure such links help, but Norwich are also a clearly better proposition. If you were Spurs, would you rather send him to promotion favourites well known for a good passing style under Farke, or stale, stagnant mid table Reading?

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 17 Aug 2020 16:38

Chalobah going to Lorient apparently.

I've seen Brandon Pierrick linked with a champ loan recently, based purely on him destroying us in the youth cup last season, I'd take him. Jacob Ramsey did the same thing for Villa the year before and did well at Doncaster in the few games he was there.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 17 Aug 2020 19:57

South Coast Royal
Sutekh
South Coast Royal

BTW Chelsea have a lad from down this way called Tino Anjorin who is only 18 but has recently signed a 5-year deal.
He is a friend of a mate's son and mate says he is a likeable and unpretentious lad.

He is 6ft 1" and is an attacking midfielder capped at U17,U18,U19 and has played just the one cup game for Chelsea.
Previous loans from Chelsea have worked out well so maybe he is already on the club's radar.

You wouldn't believe ( or rather, you probably would) what he is already being paid.

Over £50k per year?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Aug 2020 20:11

Jagermesiter1871
South Coast Royal
Sutekh

Over £50k per year?

Yeah, I'd guess a ludicrous £30k to £70k so that seems a pretty fair punt.

I'd take Baker in a heartbeat, but I'm not sure we can afford him, Swift and Ovie in the quad. That's going to be quite a lot in wages, and you couldn't really play them as all first choice.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 18 Aug 2020 10:19

Jagermesiter1871
South Coast Royal
Sutekh

Over £50k per year?

Not that much; let's just say that he is a millionaire at age 18 which can't be bad (for him).

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 18 Aug 2020 10:55

South Coast Royal
Jagermesiter1871
South Coast Royal

Over £50k per year?

Not that much; let's just say that he is a millionaire at age 18 which can't be bad (for him).

Your maths doesn’t add up! I think perhaps you misread Hager’s suggested annual wage as a weekly wage.

At 18, Nathaniel Chalobah was on something like £20k per week, which was more than any of our players at the time. Piazon was on even more. Of course they both ended up coming here.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 18 Aug 2020 11:17

SCIAG
South Coast Royal
Jagermesiter1871
Over £50k per year?

Your maths doesn’t add up! I think perhaps you misread Hager’s suggested annual wage as a weekly wage.

At 18, Nathaniel Chalobah was on something like £20k per week, which was more than any of our players at the time. Piazon was on even more. Of course they both ended up coming here.

Yes, misread the Jag's figure-your Chalobah example is much nearer the mark.
Even if we don't go for this lad I will be interested in his progress.

I never think of this area as being a hot bed of football , particularly Bournemouth, but in recent years Adam Lallana and the much sought after Ben White are two good examples following on from Sir Eddie Howe, Jamie Redknapp and Paul Rideout who all played in the local league at youth level.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 18 Aug 2020 11:45

According to Jlow being linked with Sheyi Ojo from Liverpool aswell now. I assume on loan in our current situation. winger went North of the border to Rangers like Ovie did. hes always looked a little tricky but lightweight for me. But he is a wide player so a yes from me.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 18 Aug 2020 11:48

linkenholtroyal According to Jlow being linked with Sheyi Ojo from Liverpool aswell now. I assume on loan in our current situation. winger went North of the border to Rangers like Ovie did. hes always looked a little tricky but lightweight for me. But he is a wide player so a yes from me.

A winger-yes please.
He has played on and off for Rangers and I did see him score a spectacular goal from distance.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 Aug 2020 13:56

on stats alone, he looked like he did pretty well for Fulham in the champ a few years back. less so in recent times

Suppose the link with Ovie might help our cause. Prob the right sort of player profile for us atm