Joao Replacement

193 posts
Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Joao Replacement

by Westwood52 » 24 Aug 2021 10:35

Hound Think Clarke has jumped ahead of him in the queue but one to keep an eye on

I know it was tough for him;but not overly impressed by Clarke last week.Asking an awful lot of a seventeen year old,unless he s the next Ronaldo and not Baz Savage.
We must get another striker and a LB, this week;but it ain’t going to be easy ,unless we did a lot of prep during the Summer.TBF nobody could have foreseen losing both Meite and Joao;however someone must have been looking round for a Baldock replacement.You need four strikers within the squad, to cover all the eventualities.
I wonder whether we went all out for Ribeiro and were a bit shocked that it turned out he always wanted to go elsewhere.A desperate situation.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 24 Aug 2021 10:39

Westwood52
Hound Think Clarke has jumped ahead of him in the queue but one to keep an eye on

I know it was tough for him;but not overly impressed by Clarke last week.Asking an awful lot of a seventeen year old,unless he s the next Ronaldo and not Baz Savage.
We must get another striker and a LB, this week;but it ain’t going to be easy ,unless we did a lot of prep during the Summer.TBF nobody could have foreseen losing both Meite and Joao;however someone must have been looking round for a Baldock replacement.You need four strikers within the squad, to cover all the eventualities.
I wonder whether we went all out for Ribeiro and were a bit shocked that it turned out he always wanted to go elsewhere.A desperate situation.

*Bas Savage

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 24 Aug 2021 11:54

Westwood52

I would imagine we have a list of LB's that we would like to get both as loans and free agents and will work our way through them. Riberio may well have been on that list but we don't know for sure. We'll have a list of strikers too but naturally we're probably a little further away there as the situation only recently changed.

Only good* thing for the club is that Tuesday doesn't limit our movements in (bar loans) as given we are purely focussed on the free agent market for permanent deals, we can still sign players after the window.

Would imagine, this week will see a focus on trying to get some loans done predominantly.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Aug 2021 12:16

Esteban
Hound lets be honest, there aren't many Champ quality, under 8.5p/w, 1 year contract only, Joao replacements knocking about is there?

whatever we get in will be a big compromise on the skills required, or just some massive gamble we can't really afford. So yes, just adapt the system to play with Puscas or a Puscas/Azeez forward line

Agreed. Would rather see our academy players given a go than bring in a less-than-adequate player that may not be here next season. Same goes for the left back spot.

I know it wasn't at LB this season. But Bristow has had a fair few games now and whilst there is absolutely something there, doesn't look up to the Championship yet.

I'd want to see more of Clarke etc to make that judgement

lolwut

by lolwut » 24 Aug 2021 12:46

I think we should look at getting Cedric Baseya back.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 24 Aug 2021 22:43

Cameron Archer of Villa looks useful but I guess he’s not someone they’d want to send out on loan.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 25 Aug 2021 10:08

Snowflake Royal
Lower West 4-4-1-1 works with Swift given a floating no 10 role.

With two wide players , plus Swift , Puscas would at least receive a service in front ofrather than behind him.

Azeez then is back up. Asking a lot for him to be up to 40 full games in the season.

Er... what wide players... Hoillet and ?

Azeez is the obvious one until Ejaria is fit, although LW said it was specifically to avoid playing Azeez so /shrug

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 25 Aug 2021 10:22

Looks like Hugill is off on loan to WBA - so he is off the list, if he was ever even on it.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 25 Aug 2021 10:38

Stranded Looks like Hugill is off on loan to WBA - so he is off the list, if he was ever even on it.

Was he ever really a possibility?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Aug 2021 12:07

SCIAG
Snowflake Royal
Lower West 4-4-1-1 works with Swift given a floating no 10 role.

With two wide players , plus Swift , Puscas would at least receive a service in front ofrather than behind him.

Azeez then is back up. Asking a lot for him to be up to 40 full games in the season.

Er... what wide players... Hoillet and ?

Azeez is the obvious one until Ejaria is fit, although LW said it was specifically to avoid playing Azeez so /shrug
Exactly.

Ejaria isn't really a wide player and rarely crosses too.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 25 Aug 2021 13:48

Snowflake Royal
Esteban
Hound lets be honest, there aren't many Champ quality, under 8.5p/w, 1 year contract only, Joao replacements knocking about is there?

whatever we get in will be a big compromise on the skills required, or just some massive gamble we can't really afford. So yes, just adapt the system to play with Puscas or a Puscas/Azeez forward line

Agreed. Would rather see our academy players given a go than bring in a less-than-adequate player that may not be here next season. Same goes for the left back spot.

I know it wasn't at LB this season. But Bristow has had a fair few games now and whilst there is absolutely something there, doesn't look up to the Championship yet.

I'd want to see more of Clarke etc to make that judgement

Clarke did well I’m the U23 game on Monday night. Scored one made one. Realise that is youth football but I think we should give him a go in the first team if Puscas doesn’t come good,

Once upon a time .

by Once upon a time . » 25 Aug 2021 15:46

Why are we not hearing of players from abroad coming in ?

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 25 Aug 2021 17:17

Once upon a time . Why are we not hearing of players from abroad coming in ?

Brexit innit :wink:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Aug 2021 18:07

Because our record on bringing in players from abroad isn't great and we can't even offer big payrises to be attractive now.

Foreign players often take a while to acclimatise. Their contract will be almost over by the time they adjust.

biff

by biff » 25 Aug 2021 20:19

Whats Shlong doing nowadays?

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 25 Aug 2021 21:07

biff Whats Shlong doing nowadays?

Sitting on the bench while Southampton batter Newport.

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 26 Aug 2021 00:26

Snowflake Royal Because our record on bringing in players from abroad isn't great and we can't even offer big payrises to be attractive now.

Foreign players often take a while to acclimatise. Their contract will be almost over by the time they adjust.

Daryl Dike is back home with Orlando of the MLS. He was on loan to Barnsley last season and scored 9 times in 19 league games.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 26 Aug 2021 08:51

Libertine
Snowflake Royal Because our record on bringing in players from abroad isn't great and we can't even offer big payrises to be attractive now.

Daryl Dike is back home with Orlando of the MLS. He was on loan to Barnsley last season and scored 9 times in 19 league games.

Great name!

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 26 Aug 2021 08:57

Libertine

No way we could afford him I'm afraid.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 27 Aug 2021 08:14

Apparently…. Readingfcexclusives have said we have Made a bid for a Andi Zeqiri I assume on loan from Brighton. I know very little about him anyone…..

193 posts