Transfer deadline day rumours in's and out's

229 posts
CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Transfer deadline day rumours in's and out's

by CountryRoyal » 31 Aug 2021 16:58

Nameless
CountryRoyal
Nameless ANY thoughts on how we could do a swap deal for Andy Carroll ? Would it involve sending Araruna to Brentwood to mow his garden and babysit the kids in return for Carroll playing football ?

Not sure if they need him but I can imagine Laurent in a Newcastle kit.

How could we swap him with Newcastle ?

It’s not really my day is it :lol:

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 31 Aug 2021 17:22

linkenholtroyal Hmmm weird that they would do that, another interesting tit bit but Chelsea are still trying to find somewhere to send baker for the season, we don't really need him but..... Why not??

...because we don't really need him?????

....and we're still under an embargo?????

....and we need a striker?????
Last edited by From Despair To Where? on 31 Aug 2021 17:25, edited 1 time in total.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 31 Aug 2021 17:25

linkenholtroyal Hmmm weird that they would do that, another interesting tit bit but Chelsea are still trying to find somewhere to send baker for the season, we don't really need him but..... Why not??

Because we really don't need him?

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 31 Aug 2021 17:40

Like I said on the previous page that we can only sign two loan players from the same club so it’s a moot point anyway

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 31 Aug 2021 18:33

18:30 and the local journos all doing their very best to bring... well nothing :lol:

Quite a climax this year with potential incomings and outgoings yet our local rags are radio silent lol news coverage of this club this so crap.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Aug 2021 18:41

Woodcote Royal
NathStPaul For those expressing shock and despair I would like to know what you were hoping for? We are limited in what we can pay and there are only so many available strikers out there. You can't all beg for signings and then turn your nose up at a proven goalscorer like Andy Carroll. Yes he is injury prone but he will be getting paid 8.5k a week and it will be a season long deal. We can't really lose.

Couldn’t agree more

A goal hanging, barely mobile Carroll will score more than Puscus on his own up front.

That the Carroll with 5 goals in 71 appearances over the last 4 years?

Woop woop.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 31 Aug 2021 18:45

Snowflake Royal
Woodcote Royal
NathStPaul For those expressing shock and despair I would like to know what you were hoping for? We are limited in what we can pay and there are only so many available strikers out there. You can't all beg for signings and then turn your nose up at a proven goalscorer like Andy Carroll. Yes he is injury prone but he will be getting paid 8.5k a week and it will be a season long deal. We can't really lose.

Couldn’t agree more

A goal hanging, barely mobile Carroll will score more than Puscus on his own up front.

Woop woop.

Who were you hoping we'd sign for what we can afford? Genuine question.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 31 Aug 2021 18:50

royalp-we 18:30 and the local journos all doing their very best to bring... well nothing :lol:

Quite a climax this year with potential incomings and outgoings yet our local rags are radio silent lol news coverage of this club this so crap.

Maybe there's actually nothing to report? Even the ITK gang are MIA, so either nothing's happening or the club are keeping it very quiet.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 31 Aug 2021 18:52

Pepe the Horseman
royalp-we 18:30 and the local journos all doing their very best to bring... well nothing :lol:

Maybe there's actually nothing to report? Even the ITK gang are MIA, so either nothing's happening or the club are keeping it very quiet.

They are reactive reporters, they aren't even slightly investigative. That's just the nature of local press these days. Only way local journos get anything is if they befriend a couple of the players, like Charles Watts did. Sadly I can't see any of them rushing to be best pals with Jonathan Low...

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 31 Aug 2021 18:54

Tilehurstsouthbank
Simmops If we get andy Carroll I'm never going to another game and we may aswell say hello to league one.

Awful player

*sigh.

I thought with a bit of time away from HNA you might develop some sense. What was i thinking! :lol:

Who the oxf*rd are you? Never ever seen you on here before

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Aug 2021 18:55

NathStPaul
Snowflake Royal
Woodcote Royal
Couldn’t agree more

Woop woop.

No idea who is available. I'm not a scout, I'm not interested in pretending I have an encyclopedic knowledge of 17 leagues worth of players

But there should be alternatives who aren't 32, regularly crocked and no good at scoring any more. And if there aren't, we should be saving the cash and using Puscas, Clarke and Ehibhationham. And we shouldn't have binned off McNulty.

Maybe Carroll will work, but it's pretty long odds. Classic poor signing strategy imo.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 31 Aug 2021 18:58

NathStPaul
Pepe the Horseman

They are reactive reporters, they aren't even slightly investigative. That's just the nature of local press these days. Only way local journos get anything is if they befriend a couple of the players, like Charles Watts did. Sadly I can't see any of them rushing to be best pals with Jonathan Low...

Jonathan Low is on the transfer committee, so imagine he's a bit tied up today.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 31 Aug 2021 19:04

NathStPaul
Snowflake Royal
Woodcote Royal
Couldn’t agree more

Woop woop.

Ian Royal would rather we signed some non-league randomer and paid him £100 per week regardless of whether they can cut it at this level :lol:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Aug 2021 19:05

Royal_jimmy
NathStPaul
Snowflake Royal That the Carroll with 5 goals in 71 appearances over the last 4 years?

Woop woop.

Ian Royal would rather we signed some non-league randomer and paid him £100 per week regardless of whether they can cut it at this level :lol:

At least they'd be able to close down defenders and save us money.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 31 Aug 2021 19:06

Snowflake Royal
NathStPaul
Snowflake Royal That the Carroll with 5 goals in 71 appearances over the last 4 years?

Woop woop.

No idea who is available. I'm not a scout, I'm not interested in pretending I have an encyclopedic knowledge of 17 leagues worth of players

But there should be alternatives who aren't 32, regularly crocked and no good at scoring any more. And if there aren't, we should be saving the cash and using Puscas, Clarke and Ehibhationham. And we shouldn't have binned off McNulty.

Maybe Carroll will work, but it's pretty long odds. Classic poor signing strategy imo.

and what makes you think Puscas, Clarke and Ehibhationham will get us enough goals in the league between now and January to keep us afloat until January when Joao is back?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Aug 2021 19:10

Royal_jimmy
Snowflake Royal
NathStPaul Who were you hoping we'd sign for what we can afford? Genuine question.

and what makes you think Puscas, Clarke and Ehibhationham will get us enough goals in the league between now and January to keep us afloat until January when Joao is back?

Puscas has scored one less goal last season, in 22 appearances, than Carroll has in four seasons in 71 appearances. Why do you think Carroll will play games, let along score goals.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 31 Aug 2021 19:15

Whatever the sodding argument, there`s one thing we can agree on, we need to get a striker of some sort through the door.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 31 Aug 2021 19:20

Pepe the Horseman

Indeed. There isn’t much to report. The journos are not trying to make things up for click bait. If there is something they will report it.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 31 Aug 2021 19:28

Snowflake Royal
NathStPaul

Woop woop.

Classic making your mind up before seeing ANY performances

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 31 Aug 2021 19:30

Hopefully, I am wrong but I can’t see any ins or outs today which is the norm for us on deadline day.

229 posts