New GK

541 posts
donh99

Re: New GK

by donh99 » 06 Aug 2023 12:39

https://therealefl.co.uk/2023/08/06/rea ... ed-player/

Taken from the above:-

Following his release he linked up with Dutch club RKC Waalwijk initially on a one year contract with an option to extend for a further year. His time with the club was blighted by injury, only two games after joining he suffered an Inguinal Hernia which kept him out from August 2021 to February 2022. Upon his return he had to settle for a place on the bench, playing only three more times, conceding 11 goals in the process before he was released.

Not sure this is an upgrade to what we have or Button?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Aug 2023 13:01

donh99 https://therealefl.co.uk/2023/08/06/reading-set-to-land-former-manchester-united-player/

Following his release he linked up with Dutch club RKC Waalwijk initially on a one year contract with an option to extend for a further year. His time with the club was blighted by injury, only two games after joining he suffered an Inguinal Hernia which kept him out from August 2021 to February 2022. Upon his return he had to settle for a place on the bench, playing only three more times, conceding 11 goals in the process before he was released.

I'd love to hear why YR99 thinks he's an upgrade. 11 goals in 3 games!? :lol:

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 06 Aug 2023 14:14

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 06 Aug 2023 14:25

I think Andresson looks fairly decent tbh, and I’d like to see him given a chance. I was amazed that CBC was on the bench yesterday.

None of the keepers we’ve been linked to looked any good, but I guess this is where we are at.

retro royal

by retro royal » 06 Aug 2023 14:38

Pereira's record looks atrocious https://www.flashscore.co.uk/player/per ... /nPNdORsP/ don't like to write off anyone before hand but have zero confidence of this working out

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 06 Aug 2023 15:25

From Despair To Where? Got the same agent as Tom McIntyre.

Cheap and available. Not sure what to make of him but I suppose you don't spend 6 years at United if you're completely shit unless your name is Phil Jones.

McIntyre recently changed representation and is now represented by Jem Karacan and Brian Howard. Are they representing Pereira too?

Was going to ask how long Dean Santangelo was at Man United but apparently it was just one year. As you were.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 06 Aug 2023 15:30

SCIAG
From Despair To Where? Got the same agent as Tom McIntyre.

Cheap and available. Not sure what to make of him but I suppose you don't spend 6 years at United if you're completely shit unless your name is Phil Jones.

McIntyre recently changed representation and is now represented by Jem Karacan and Brian Howard. Are they representing Pereira too?

Was going to ask how long Dean Santangelo was at Man United but apparently it was just one year. As you were.

Possibly not. I got it of Transfermarkt and its not always up to date with agency stuff

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 06 Aug 2023 17:58

Snowflake Royal
donh99 https://therealefl.co.uk/2023/08/06/reading-set-to-land-former-manchester-united-player/

Coupla other snippets from Wiki

In February 2020, with Hearts at the bottom of the Premiership table, Pereira was criticised for a series of mistakes, including in a 5–0 defeat to Celtic.

On 6 April 2021, Pereira was in goal as Norwich City thrashed Huddersfield 7–0.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 06 Aug 2023 18:37

Pepe the Horseman
Snowflake Royal

Coupla other snippets from Wiki

In February 2020, with Hearts at the bottom of the Premiership table, Pereira was criticised for a series of mistakes, including in a 5–0 defeat to Celtic.

On 6 April 2021, Pereira was in goal as Norwich City thrashed Huddersfield 7–0.

In fairness those score lines could be quite likely with most keepers in any given season, no?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 06 Aug 2023 19:14

retro royal Pereira's record looks atrocious https://www.flashscore.co.uk/player/per ... /nPNdORsP/ don't like to write off anyone before hand but have zero confidence of this working out

If Alisson or Ramsdale or Schmeichel had the Reading defence playing in front of them I'm sure they'd appear cr@p too. So you're right to not have confidence in it working out.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Aug 2023 19:31

Sutekh Joel Pereira on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBRSPsra428

For a highlights reel, most of that is incredibly routine stuff.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 07 Aug 2023 08:38

Snowflake Royal

Because the 3 goalkeepers we have are probably L2 level, this guy likely isn't.

If we're going off stats like you have, you wanted to keep a goalkeeper whose level is bottom half of the current division we are in and conceded 21 league goals in a calendar month. Would you say that's a fair assessment of Luke Southwood?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Aug 2023 11:49

YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal

If we're going off stats like you have, you wanted to keep a goalkeeper whose level is bottom half of the current division we are in and conceded 21 league goals in a calendar month. Would you say that's a fair assessment of Luke Southwood?

:lol:

The same Southwood that got good reviews and kept 16 cleansheets last season. And had good games in the Championship?

Or Andresson who has played at L1 level and done ok?

Face it, you think this guy would be an improvement based solely on him having been on Utd's books and because he isn’t one of our players.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 07 Aug 2023 11:56

Andresson deserves a shot imo.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Aug 2023 12:04

Agree. Looked ok in preseason and more comfortable distributing than Bouzanis. Who is ok when it comes to the actual job of goalkeeping.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 07 Aug 2023 12:12

I do wonder if Andresson is about to go out on loan again. He's suddenly not in the squad despite looking at least as good as Bouzanis (and IMO better than Bouzanis). Perhaps once the new keeper comes in, confirmation of a loan for Andresson will shortly follow.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 07 Aug 2023 12:18

Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal I'd love to hear why YR99 thinks he's an upgrade. 11 goals in 3 games!? :lol:

The same Southwood that got good reviews and kept 16 cleansheets last season. And had good games in the Championship?

Face it, you think this guy would be an improvement based solely on him having been on Utd's books and because he isn’t one of our players.

It's got nothing to do with who he has played for previously, obviously not just me who shares the opinion either, considering we are looking to sign him.

Andresson has played how many games at L1 level? 3? That's what you're judging him on? That's you saying he's good enough?

Yeah Southwood did that well he managed to get a move back to Cheltenham after his release, the bottom half of L1, must have been some cracking reviews. :lol:

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 07 Aug 2023 12:18

Clyde1998 I do wonder if Andresson is about to go out on loan again. He's suddenly not in the squad despite looking at least as good as Bouzanis (and IMO better than Bouzanis). Perhaps once the new keeper comes in, confirmation of a loan for Andresson will shortly follow.

Would much rather Boyce-Clarke goes out on loan. He is crying out for a National League season.

For selfish reasons preferably Maidenhead so I can go watch his progress.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 07 Aug 2023 12:25

YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99

It's got nothing to do with who he has played for previously, obviously not just me who shares the opinion either, considering we are looking to sign him.

Andresson has played how many games at L1 level? 3? That's what you're judging him on? That's you saying he's good enough?

Yeah Southwood did that well he managed to get a move back to Cheltenham after his release, the bottom half of L1, must have been some cracking reviews. :lol:

You really are a complete idiot at times.

Southwood did well enough to earn a permanent move to a League 1 side and be their first choice keeper. What is the issue with that exactly? He did extremely well last season and in hindsight we are idiots for letting him go.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 07 Aug 2023 12:26

NathStPaul
Clyde1998 I do wonder if Andresson is about to go out on loan again. He's suddenly not in the squad despite looking at least as good as Bouzanis (and IMO better than Bouzanis). Perhaps once the new keeper comes in, confirmation of a loan for Andresson will shortly follow.

Would much rather Boyce-Clarke goes out on loan. He is crying out for a National League season.

For selfish reasons preferably Maidenhead so I can go watch his progress.

I would rather CBC went out on loan too. Maidenhead (until January) probably would be a good option to help the club gauge what level he's at: if he's too good for the National League, loan him to League Two (or One) in January; if that's his current level keep him at Maidenhead until the end of the season.

541 posts