New GK

541 posts
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: New GK

by Sutekh » 22 Aug 2023 16:52

Stranded Joel Pereira is training with the keepers at the open session today - so either he is just working with us to get fit or plan is to sign him if we get Bouzanis off the payroll.

And if he signs does he replace CBC on the bench? I Hope he doesn't.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 22 Aug 2023 17:05

Sutekh
Stranded Joel Pereira is training with the keepers at the open session today - so either he is just working with us to get fit or plan is to sign him if we get Bouzanis off the payroll.

If it means CBC get's a loan out where he will be playing week in, week out, it would probably benefit us in the long run.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 22 Aug 2023 18:55

Hendo
Sutekh

If it means CBC get's a loan out where he will be playing week in, week out, it would probably benefit us in the long run.

I think you've called this right.

Also, and I know it was only a training session, Pereira looked a very good/sharp keeper going through the various drills.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Aug 2023 18:58

Seems unlikely we'd release / loan out Bouzanis, sign Pereira and then loan out CBC.

One keeper injury and we have someone nowhere near the first team on the bench.

I think CBC is staying regardless and a loan isn't urgent for him.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 22 Aug 2023 19:29

I doubt Bouzanis is going anywhere. He's cheap and he's OOC at the end of the season. I reckon he's on less than CBC. If Pereira comes in then CBC can go out on loan and we still have 3 keepers at the club.

I don't see much point in signing Pereira other than to give us loan options for our younger keepers. Can't see us offering him more than 1 year with an option to extend.

A bigger concern is Andrésson not getting any game time at Carlisle.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 23 Aug 2023 08:42

From Despair To Where? I doubt Bouzanis is going anywhere. He's cheap and he's OOC at the end of the season. I reckon he's on less than CBC. If Pereira comes in then CBC can go out on loan and we still have 3 keepers at the club.

I don't see much point in signing Pereira other than to give us loan options for our younger keepers. Can't see us offering him more than 1 year with an option to extend.

A bigger concern is Andrésson not getting any game time at Carlisle.

Surely those loan options are already available, Bouzanis can bench warm as easily as anyone else.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 23 Aug 2023 08:49

And if he or Button get injured?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 23 Aug 2023 08:56

Fair point on injuries. I guess they'd probably put a clause in that he can be recalled if there is any injury issues.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 23 Aug 2023 10:26

From Despair To Where? And if he or Button get injured?

Then the next one in line moves up. Adding Pereira just changes the names moving. It's OK him signing if he's an obvious improvement on what we have at the club but if he's just another promising youngster to be hopeful about then what's the point when the club have so many already in that category?

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 23 Aug 2023 10:36

Hendo Fair point on injuries. I guess they'd probably put a clause in that he can be recalled if there is any injury issues.

Pretty sure we can only recall a player on a season loan outside the window if he has a long term injury.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 23 Aug 2023 10:45

From Despair To Where?
Hendo Fair point on injuries. I guess they'd probably put a clause in that he can be recalled if there is any injury issues.

Pretty sure we can only recall a player on a season loan outside the window if he has a long term injury.

Yep, a season long loan is essentially a full transfer for a defined period, he would cease to be our player to all intents and purposes until the loan contract runs out. So if we are planning on CBC heading out on loan, you do want a 3rd keeper (even if Bouzanis stays) unless there is confidence that Harvey Collins is ready if needed.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Aug 2023 12:17

Iirc loan recalls are quite tightly limited

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Aug 2023 12:19

Remember the days when we would use 7 keepers in a season? Makes having to use a third seem fat from beyond the realms of possibility.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 23 Aug 2023 12:46

Snowflake Royal Remember the days when we would use 7 keepers in a season? Makes having to use a third seem fat from beyond the realms of possibility.

Our keeper situation has been unsettled since the Al-Habsi days. Think Lumley last season was one of few seasons since that point where we can say we had a dedicated number 1? Think Rafael had a very good season actually in 2018 I believe? Mannone was in, then Jakkola ended up with a spell, Virginia and then we had the debacle of 4 goalkeepers a couple of seasons ago.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 23 Aug 2023 13:50

YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal Remember the days when we would use 7 keepers in a season? Makes having to use a third seem fat from beyond the realms of possibility.

Our keeper situation has been unsettled since the Al-Habsi days. Think Lumley last season was one of few seasons since that point where we can say we had a dedicated number 1? Think Rafael had a very good season actually in 2018 I believe? Mannone was in, then Jakkola ended up with a spell, Virginia and then we had the debacle of 4 goalkeepers a couple of seasons ago.

And Jimmy Quinn was better than any of them

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 23 Aug 2023 14:03

Sutekh
YorkshireRoyal99

And Jimmy Quinn was better than any of them

He probably was, lol.

One of my favourite ever strikers and I’ll always love him for that volley against Wolves when we gave Mr McGhee a warm homecoming.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 23 Aug 2023 17:15

Looked like Harvey Collins was helping with the warm up drills last Saturday. Anyone know much about him and whether he could be used as a third keeper rather than sign Pereira?

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 24 Aug 2023 13:37

3points Looked like Harvey Collins was helping with the warm up drills last Saturday. Anyone know much about him and whether he could be used as a third keeper rather than sign Pereira?

Saw Collins in a U21 game and thought he looked impressive, so maybe he will be number 3 so CBC can go out on loan to get experience?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 24 Aug 2023 15:50

3points Looked like Harvey Collins was helping with the warm up drills last Saturday. Anyone know much about him and whether he could be used as a third keeper rather than sign Pereira?

Might have to be careful with him. :wink:

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 24 Aug 2023 15:59

Sutekh

Might have to be careful with him. :wink:

Yep - very careful: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvey_Collins

541 posts